General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

The 'Palmetto Promise': South Carolina will decide the race

(1/2) > >>

corbe:
The 'Palmetto Promise': South Carolina will decide the race

By Antjuan Seawright, opinion contributor — 02/16/20 12:00 PM EST

With one caucus and one primary in the books, the 2020 race for the White House is off and running and, so far, it hasn’t disappointed. It has proved to be nothing short of a battle for who we are as Democrats, with some of the best, brightest and most consequential candidates of my political lifetime on display.

I also want to congratulate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), former South Bend, Ind., mayor Pete Buttigieg and Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) for their strong showings in Iowa and New Hampshire. That was big — and I don’t want to diminish their accomplishments in any way.

That said, everyone should take a deep breath.

To win the nomination on the first ballot, a candidate needs 1,991 delegates and, so far, only 65 delegates have been awarded. So, let’s not give the premature benediction to anything or anyone until the most influential constituencies have their say — starting with South Carolina’s voters.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/482861-the-palmetto-promise-south-carolina-will-decide-the-race

Free Vulcan:
Possibly, but with Super Tuesday following the next week, I wouldn't bet the prize pony on it.

Hoodat:

--- Quote --- It has proved to be nothing short of a battle for who we are as Democrats, with some of the best, brightest and most consequential candidates of my political lifetime on display.

--- End quote ---

I stopped reading after this.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on February 16, 2020, 06:54:07 pm ---I stopped reading after this.

--- End quote ---

Reading is sometimes a lot like fighting.  It's hard do do when you're laughing.

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on February 16, 2020, 06:54:07 pm ---I stopped reading after this.

--- End quote ---

IKR? The Dem Klown Kar is less crowded, but it's still a Klown Kar. IMO, all the Dem candidates have significant vulnerabilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version