General Category > Trump Legal Investigations

Top Mueller Prosecutor Says DoJ Starting New Investigation Into Comey, McCabe, and Strzok

(1/4) > >>

mystery-ak:

Top Mueller Prosecutor Says DoJ Starting New Investigation Into Comey, McCabe, and Strzok
By Rick Moran February 15, 2020

An interesting twist is arising from the decision of Attorney General Barr to name an outside counsel, Jeffrey Jensen, to investigate the Michael Flynn case. The former top prosecutor on special counsel Robert Mueller's team says the ploy by Barr is a "ruse" so that the Department of Justice can open a new investigation into former FBI officials James Comey, Andrew McCabe, and Peter Strzok.

Andrew Weissmann, a former Justice Department official who was known as Mueller's "pit bull" during the Russia investigation, says that "all they did was swapped out a loser case for starting an investigation that is going to be of Comey, McCabe, Pete Strzok," Weissmann told MSNBC host Chuck Todd. "Weissman is referring to the "loser" case of prosecuting former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe for lying about media leaks during the Russia investigation.

Washington Examiner:

--- Quote ---Attorney General William Barr  picked Jensen, the top federal prosecutor in St. Louis, to work alongside the Flynn case's lead prosecutor Brandon Van Grack one month after the former Trump national security adviser filed to  withdraw his guilty plea in Mueller's investigation.

Weissmann, now an NBC News legal analyst, has defended the FBI while raising concerns about Barr, who faced criticism this week after he intervened in the case of Roger Stone, another Trump associate caught up in Mueller's investigation. Barr is also under intense scrutiny for U.S. Attorney John Durham's inquiry into the origins of the Russia investigation, which critics claim is meant to discredit Mueller's work.

He said Jensen's appointment was "interesting" considering that the judge presiding over the Flynn case rejected claims that Flynn was set up by the FBI after seeing the facts about the underlying investigation. Flynn pleaded guilty in 2017 for lying to investigators about his conversations with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak regarding U.S. sanctions and a United Nations Security Council vote.

"What I would love to know is what the factual predicate, given that Judge Sullivan has found nothing there," Weissmann said.
--- End quote ---

more
https://pjmedia.com/trending/top-mueller-prosecutor-says-doj-starting-new-investigation-into-comey-mccabe-and-strzok/

skeeter:
I hesitate to get your hopes up @Bigun, but here y'are.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: skeeter on February 16, 2020, 05:49:52 pm ---I hesitate to get your hopes up @Bigun, but here y'are.

--- End quote ---

Thanks @skeeter but I'm sick of investigations!  I want to see a parade of people wearing orange jumpsuits!

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Bigun on February 16, 2020, 07:41:13 pm ---Thanks @skeeter but I'm sick of investigations!  I want to see a parade of people wearing orange jumpsuits!

--- End quote ---

And my wish for that seems to get farther away every day. 

mystery-ak:
Paul Sperry
@paulsperry_
·
13m
BREAKING: Durham and his team have not interviewed McCabe. At all. Concerning anything. Not #Spygate espionage. Not illegal FISA warrants. Not Flynn 302 doctoring. Not leaking and lying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version