Author Topic: Klobuchar Now Opposes Making English the Official Language of the United States  (Read 576 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Klobuchar Now Opposes Making English the Official Language of the United States

Bronson Stocking

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 6:00 PM

Democratic presidential candidate Amy Klobuchar, a recovering moderate, told reporters on Friday that she now opposes making English the official language of the United States. While campaigning for the Democratic presidential nomination in Nevada, a state where Hispanics now make up a major constituency, the Minnesota senator disavowed a decade-old vote she cast that would have reversed an executive order signed by President Bill Clinton requiring materials used by federal agencies to be issued in languages other than English. Klobuchar attempted to explain her about face on the issue while speaking exclusively in English.

"I think that when you look at a state like this state, and a country like ours that is so diverse, you don’t want to have that provision in law because then it would be very difficult to have, say, government documents and other things translated into other languages," Klobuchar told reporters. "So that is not a position I take. I did vote that way, but way back then, along with many other people."

Of course, the difficulty lies in having everyone speaking a different language all the time and a general inability to understand what another person is saying. In a country already heavily divided, should we really be targeting the English language, the one great force we have left for national unity? Klobuchar is now willing to give it up, if it means winning the party's nomination.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/02/15/klobuchar-now-opposes-making-english-the-national-language-n2561385
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She's in the company of National Judges, like the one who struck down Arizona's "Official English" law that was passed by the voters.

English is the language of Empire, ya know.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
She's in the company of National Judges, like the one who struck down Arizona's "Official English" law that was passed by the voters.

English is the language of Empire, ya know.
So, let me get this straight, she would rather remain open to using the language of those who mercilessly conquered and looted central America?

If we are to use the language of empire, then at least let it be the language of our founders. Some concepts just don't translate well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I propose making a pseudo-language, where words that appear to have plain meaning in English have the opposite in my constructed language. Then I will argue in court that, because the United States has no official language standard, the laws could just as easily be read in my pseudo-language and be no less valid.

It's such an anarchistic way of addressing this.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I propose making a pseudo-language, where words that appear to have plain meaning in English have the opposite in my constructed language. Then I will argue in court that, because the United States has no official language standard, the laws could just as easily be read in my pseudo-language and be no less valid.

It's such an anarchistic way of addressing this.
I thought lawyers already did that... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought lawyers already did that... :shrug:

Every day.  They love how it's required to hire one to even get into the courthouse door.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: