Author Topic: Democrats fear rule of law crumbling under Trump  (Read 595 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats fear rule of law crumbling under Trump
« on: February 16, 2020, 03:36:17 pm »
Democrats fear rule of law crumbling under Trump
By John Kruzel - 02/16/20 10:30 AM EST

Democrats are issuing dire warnings that the rule of law is under attack by President Trump after the Department of Justice (DOJ) overruled career prosecutors to seek a lighter sentence for longtime Trump aide Roger Stone.

The move incensed Democratic lawmakers and raised new questions about potential White House interference at the agency.

“Left to his own devices, President Trump would turn America into a banana republic, where the dictator can do whatever he wants and the Justice Department is the president’s law firm — not a defender of the rule of law,” Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday on the Senate floor in response.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/483206-democrats-fear-rule-of-law-crumbling-under-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Democrats fear rule of law crumbling under Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 03:42:26 pm »
Democrats have no right to speak about this crap, look at what their lot got away with during the Obama administration. Look at the slap on the wrist for Hillary's email scandals. Look at how they treated Dinesh D'Souza.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 06:05:29 pm »
This is a joke.  It has to be.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 12:14:24 am »
"Democrats fear rule of law crumbling..."

Who's pickin' a banjo projection here...?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 12:15:10 am by Fishrrman »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 12:23:42 am »
This is a joke.  It has to be.

It's a rat plot to give me an aneurysm.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 01:02:09 am »
IF they think Trump would turn the U.S. into a Banana Republic what the heck do they think Sanders or Buttgig would do?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 01:36:56 am »
If this were true, after that impeachment BS, then a really big bunch of them would be laying shot dead in the streets without having had a trial.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 01:45:48 am »
IF they think Trump would turn the U.S. into a Banana Republic what the heck do they think Sanders or Buttgig would do?

It is impossible for Trump to turn the U.S. into a banana republic @libertybele because Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama beat him to it!  Done before he had a chance!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 04:38:16 am »
Democrats have no right to speak about this crap, look at what their lot got away with during the Obama administration. Look at the slap on the wrist for Hillary's email scandals. Look at how they treated Dinesh D'Souza.

Trump could have done something about Hillary and her email but he chose to say she had suffered enough.  The entire problem is that people say its already been done by the Democrats.  So it's OK for Trump?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:51:28 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 04:48:25 am »
Trump could have done something about Hillary and her email but he chose to say she had suffered enough.  The entire problem is that people say its already been done by the Democrats.  So its OK for Trump?
No, the problem is that the Democrats are projecting again. They always telegraph their punches by accusing others of what ever it is they are up to.

And, yes, it is high time to see some prosecutions, especially of those who HAVE abused the power of their offices to act in a partisan fashion well outside the law. Hillary, especially.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:49:35 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 04:53:28 am »
No, the problem is that the Democrats are projecting again. They always telegraph their punches by accusing others of what ever it is they are up to.

And, yes, it is high time to see some prosecutions, especially of those who HAVE abused the power of their offices to act in a partisan fashion well outside the law. Hillary, especially.

Again, Trump chose not to do anything about Hillary.  It was a cheap phrase without meaning "lock her up".

Trump put any idea of prosecution of Hillary to bed immediately upon being elected.  He even honored her at the Inauguration Lunch.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trump+honors+hillary+at+inauguration&docid=607995599988655103&mid=45B5C996F587D537453545B5C996F587D5374535&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

And I guess he thinks all of his friends have suffered enough too.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:58:28 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 05:13:22 am »
Again, Trump chose not to do anything about Hillary.  It was a cheap phrase without meaning "lock her up".

Trump put any idea of prosecution of Hillary to bed immediately upon being elected.  He even honored her at the Inauguration Lunch.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trump+honors+hillary+at+inauguration&docid=607995599988655103&mid=45B5C996F587D537453545B5C996F587D5374535&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

And I guess he thinks all of his friends have suffered enough too.
I'm not defending anyone's inaction on matters of national security, which Hillary's server and all the classified and official matters on it were. An egregious broach at best, a means of selling secrets for 'donations' at worst, and solidly against the law. That, especially from a cabinet level official should be prosecuted. By all accounts there were files on there which had no business being on any computer with a line or link to the internet.

As far as I am concerned, that is just the start. We pay these people to do their jobs, within the constraints fo the law, not to go on partisan witch hunts, not to spy on presidential campaigns using official positions and the power of the Federal Government for one side against the other. If Nixon's "Plumbers" were to be charged, those who obtained FISA warrants under false circumstances should be to, and follow that trail of breadcrumbs right to the top of the Obama administration if it leads there, and PROSECUTE. Let the chips fall where they may.

THat everyone is doing it is hardly a defense, instead just a sign of widespread corruption.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 05:28:12 am »
I'm not defending anyone's inaction on matters of national security, which Hillary's server and all the classified and official matters on it were. An egregious broach at best, a means of selling secrets for 'donations' at worst, and solidly against the law. That, especially from a cabinet level official should be prosecuted. By all accounts there were files on there which had no business being on any computer with a line or link to the internet.

As far as I am concerned, that is just the start. We pay these people to do their jobs, within the constraints fo the law, not to go on partisan witch hunts, not to spy on presidential campaigns using official positions and the power of the Federal Government for one side against the other. If Nixon's "Plumbers" were to be charged, those who obtained FISA warrants under false circumstances should be to, and follow that trail of breadcrumbs right to the top of the Obama administration if it leads there, and PROSECUTE. Let the chips fall where they may.

THat everyone is doing it is hardly a defense, instead just a sign of widespread corruption.

Manafort had been under investigation since 2014.

Paul Manafort Teamed Up With Obama’s Lawyer to Help Putin Ally

https://www.thedailybeast.com/paul-manafort-teamed-up-with-obamas-lawyer-to-help-putin-ally
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 05:33:06 am by Chosen Daughter »

Online DB

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 05:55:51 am »
Democrats and the rule of law...

A total mockery of law they are.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 07:20:49 pm »
Trump could have done something about Hillary and her email but he chose to say she had suffered enough.  The entire problem is that people say its already been done by the Democrats.  So it's OK for Trump?

Certainly not but Trump certainly enforces the law better than Democrats, for example with enforcing immigration law.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 08:08:35 pm »
This was not a banner week for the idea that justice is alive and blind in America.

Three separate stories converged to drive home the obvious truth that America has a two-tiered justice system: the Justice Department's decision to not indict the guilty-as-sin plotter Andrew McCabe, the attempt to give Roger Stone an outrageous jail sentence, and the Army's decision to shrug that one of its officers attempted to orchestrate the removal of his commander-in-chief.

Even in the unlikely scenario that the Barr-Durham investigations send the full stable of coup-plotters to jail for decades, it will not erase the obvious fact that it pays to be a Democrat if you are going to commit crimes, particularly if they are political.

There are a couple of simple reasons for this. The most obvious reason is that the entire federal bureaucracy is one giant Democrat machine. This cannot be repeated enough. Nearly every member of almost every single department is a Democrat.
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/02/twotiered_justice_system_on_full_display.html

This will come as no surprise to anyone here that has paid any attention to my posts here over the years.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 08:10:01 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 02:58:19 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien