Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger Thanks Trump for Tackling Homeless Epidemic  (Read 446 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by Penny Starr 15 Feb 2020

Actor and former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger thanked President Donald Trump and Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Ben Carson for taking part in a homelessness summit and helping the state with the chronic problem of homelessness in the state.

“Everyone knows @realDonaldTrump & I have our disagreements,” Schwarzenegger said on Thursday. “But I want to thank you for sending @SecretaryCarson to our homelessness summit. We’ll only solve this if everyone works together. This issue is bigger than all of us. Now it’s time for action.”   

The University of Southern California’s Schwarzenegger Institute for State and Global Policy posted about a poll it took about the homelessness problem in the state:

The issue of homelessness and housing are top of mind for likely California voters leading into the March 3 Primary Election, according to a new statewide poll conducted by the USC Price School of Public Policy and the USC Schwarzenegger Institute for State and Global Policy. In an open-ended unaided question, respondents put homelessness or housing as their top issue (22.9 percent), followed by climate change (14.8 percent) and immigration (9.2 percent).

Poll results also revealed that while many likely voters fear becoming homeless at a personal level and support compassionate approaches to helping those experiencing homelessness, those same voters shun visible signs of homelessness in their neighborhoods and want public funds spent on the issue monitored closely.

HUD’s website shared its efforts in California on Friday:

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Ben Carson today visited Carmelitos Public Housing Development and announced a $20 million investment to nine public housing agencies (PHA) to help public housing families increase their earned income and become self-sufficient. See chart below of today’s funding announcement.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/02/15/arnold-schwarzenegger-thanks-trump-for-tackling-homeless-epidemic/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Thanks Trump for Tackling Homeless Epidemic
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 08:26:36 pm »
I've read some about Austin Texas, too.

I hapen to believe the common denomiator, is drug/alcohol addiction.

Calif voters have passed several measures, which coddle and enable such people.

That is most likely the national trend.

Trump mentioned "involuntary confinement awhile ago.

We used to confine people in risons/ jails and mental health facilities.

Recentl "civil  libertarians," have effectively prevailed in public policy,, emptying them onto our streets, rks etc.

California has already made plenty of mistakes,  in creating the current problem.

Maybe Arnold, Ben, others can recomment freturn to involuntary confinement.

Maybe Ben and Arnold can find other states with better policies and results, supportable by Trump.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Thanks Trump for Tackling Homeless Epidemic
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 04:50:35 am »
Wow, who'd a thunk a big Hollywood liberal like Ahhnold would ever thank Trump  :pondering: