Author Topic: Lindsey Graham will call four Carter Page FISA signers to testify before the Senate  (Read 444 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Lindsey Graham will call four Carter Page FISA signers to testify before the Senate
Washington Examiner, Feb 14, 2020

Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told CBS News that he would seek private depositions and public testimony from former FBI Director James Comey, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, and former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

The Republican committee leader also plans to call current FBI Director Christopher Wray, who took over the bureau after Comey was fired in 2017 and wasn’t involved in approving FISA applications on former Trump associate Page.

Graham told CBS’s Catherine Herridge he planned to deliver a witness list for the FISA hearings to the Justice Department shortly and indicated weeks of FISA witness hearings might begin as soon as late February or early March.

“What I will do is I will get to the bottom of how the FISA warrant system failed and make sure we reform it, and it doesn't happen again,” Graham told Margaret Brennan on Face the Nation on Sunday.

The DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s December report on FISA abuse concluded that the FBI’s investigation was filled with serious missteps and concealed exculpatory information from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. Horowitz said at least 17 "significant errors and omissions" were discovered in the Page FISA applications spanning from fall 2016 to summer 2017.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/graham-will-call-four-carter-page-fisa-signers-to-testify-before-the-senate

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Catherine Herridge
@CBS_Herridge

· 1h

SCOOP: Chairman Senate Judiciary formally asks AG Barr to make witnesses available for probe “Crossfire Hurricane” + #FISA @CBSNews told “former Dept employees“ cited in letter will be contacted directly, plan to call Comey McCabe Yates Rosenstein among others @LindseyGrahamSC

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 :boring:

So what?  The most this can result in is yet more criminal referrals for the Department of "Justice" to shitcan!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The FISA Court is under the direction of the CJ of the SC.

So riddle me this: Who haas oversight of the SC?

Wouldn't is be reasonable, for him to tell the public what steps he takes to reform the abuses to this court?

I expect the first instinct of  Roberts, is to protect the established plitical class.

In a better world, the judges themselves would be asking for the system to be reformed, such that abuse is punished.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln