Author Topic: Trump says he would vote for a gay president  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump says he would vote for a gay president
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2020, 08:47:57 pm »
It would be one thing to adapt to the 'first mister' if the POTUS was a woman.
Quite another if the POTUS was male.

I can't help but consider how that would impact the impression of this country worldwide, first off, not to mention complicate any interaction with Muslim nations or ministers.

It is a road we definitely do not need to take.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2020, 08:51:02 pm »
To be fair to President Trump he didn't say he "wants gay Presidents."

Absolutely.  We need to be fair.  He said he would vote for one.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 08:59:17 pm »
B.

F.

D.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2020, 09:10:34 pm »
I would hope anyone would vote for a gay president...as making "gayness" a disqualifier would be idiotic. As mentioned above, if being a sinner is a disqualifier for the Presidency we're in deep doo-doo.

Now, voting for someone favoring a liberal gay agenda would be a whole different thing altogether. If you think all homosexuals are liberal supporters of the items you listed as part of the Left's "gay agenda"...well, you might as well be a flat earther or intellectually vacuous enough to think the world is 5300 years old.

Personally, I could give two hoots about what happens in someone else's bedroom...on the other hand...I certainly care about political agendas. And THAT is all that Trump was saying.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:12:02 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2020, 09:34:46 pm »
I would hope anyone would vote for a gay president...as making "gayness" a disqualifier would be idiotic. As mentioned above, if being a sinner is a disqualifier for the Presidency we're in deep doo-doo.

Now, voting for someone favoring a liberal gay agenda would be a whole different thing altogether. If you think all homosexuals are liberal supporters of the items you listed as part of the Left's "gay agenda"...well, you might as well be a flat earther or intellectually vacuous enough to think the world is 5300 years old.

Personally, I could give two hoots about what happens in someone else's bedroom...on the other hand...I certainly care about political agendas. And THAT is all that Trump was saying.

Well, I think it would be silly to say that there isn't a gay agenda.  I wouldn't want to see a gay president because there are already many gay politicians who are where they are to push their agenda. 

Its just another immoral slide for America.  The idea of a gay president.   We have come very far in just a few short years when the Republican party was the party to stand for marriage being one man and one woman.

And when America no longer values basic moral principles we are doomed to failure.  The marriage act wasn't about what people do in their bedrooms.  It was about upholding family values.  Apparently they no longer exist.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 09:43:29 pm »
I realize that facts may not matter to this discussion, but Trump did not say he "would" vote for a homosexual, but only that a person's homosexuality would not to Trump be an absolute bar to voting for him/her.

IOW, the OP article title misrepresents what Trump said. Unsurprisingly.

Not surprised since the OP suffers from extreme TDS. But the misrepresentations like hers, are just fine here, and represent a "protected slass," evidenced by fast Mod interventions.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 10:10:10 pm »
Well, I think it would be silly to say that there isn't a gay agenda.  I wouldn't want to see a gay president because there are already many gay politicians who are where they are to push their agenda. 

Its just another immoral slide for America.  The idea of a gay president.   We have come very far in just a few short years when the Republican party was the party to stand for marriage being one man and one woman.

And when America no longer values basic moral principles we are doomed to failure.  The marriage act wasn't about what people do in their bedrooms.  It was about upholding family values.  Apparently they no longer exist.

The Republican Party made it very clear that morality/ethics/integrity were no longer a priority when it nominated our current President.

Apparently an 'ends justifies the means' Populism has taken over and neither party now supports the values that the country requires to survive.

It's not about not caring what people do "in their bedrooms." (A flimsy excuse, if ever there was one).  It's giving up on the foundation of society...... the family........ and the values it takes to keep it intact.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2020, 10:12:30 pm »
Not surprised since the OP suffers from extreme TDS. But the misrepresentations like hers, are just fine here, and represent a "protected slass," evidenced by fast Mod interventions.

How can one "misrepresent" the words that Trump actually said when one says what he actually said?

And why, in heaven's name, should the Mods intervene when someone posts an article that says what the President actually said?

Is there some loyalty oath here that no one has ever mentioned before?  Some requirement to hide the truth??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 10:13:08 pm »

Who ever said there's not a gay agenda? There's also a black agenda...does that mean we can't vote for a Herman Cain or admire a Clarence Thomas? That's absurd. There's a difference between a candidate who is gay...and a candidate advocating a gay agenda. Simply being gay cannot and is not a disqualifier.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 10:20:56 pm »
The Republican Party made it very clear that morality/ethics/integrity were no longer a priority when it nominated our current President.

Apparently an 'ends justifies the means' Populism has taken over and neither party now supports the values that the country requires to survive.

It's not about not caring what people do "in their bedrooms." (A flimsy excuse, if ever there was one).  It's giving up on the foundation of society...... the family........ and the values it takes to keep it intact.

Amen.  This country is on a moral decline.  First it was our churches and now everything goes.  Which is why the agenda was about God and the church.  To destroy the moral fabric of our families.  To make God an outlaw.  So it seems very fitting that the President that has the support of Christians in America would advocate for gay president.   Its been one step at a time.  Gay minister.  Gay marriage.  And probably soon coming gay president.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 10:41:42 pm »

We're in search of somebody who has experience herding cats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2020, 10:45:12 pm »
Amen.  This country is on a moral decline.  First it was our churches and now everything goes.  Which is why the agenda was about God and the church.  To destroy the moral fabric of our families.  To make God an outlaw.  So it seems very fitting that the President that has the support of Christians in America would advocate for gay president.   Its been one step at a time.  Gay minister.  Gay marriage.  And probably soon coming gay president.

Not only that, but the demonization of those of us who still maintain the same moral values that made this country, not only great, but good.

I have seen memes on FB where Jesus was wearing a rainbow robe, and condemning those of us who believe homosexuality is a sin as being filled with hate and not like HIM.

It is entirely lost on them that God condemns ALL sin, that we are ALL sinners, but that we can love others without saying their sin is not sin.

The agenda has sunk deep inside the Church, and is tearing us apart.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2020, 10:47:49 pm »
We're in search of somebody who has experience herding cats.

There was nothing wrong going on on this thread until t_s showed up to attack the forum for continuing to allow a variance of opinion.

Thanks for not shutting down all dialogue in favor of the desired groupthink that condemns the freedom that made this a great forum.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2020, 11:00:38 pm »
Which paragraph in  the Constitution/ammendments deals with homosexuality?

I fail to find it in the Founders' papers.

I missed that in middle school civics, HS history, Business Law, Real Estate Law, etc.

I don't recall hearing about it as an early supporter of then Gov. Reagan.

Therefore to me, it is mainly an obsession of a certain susbet of religios Christians, and muslims, in America and foreign cultures.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2020, 11:28:06 pm »

All present are free to respond to her "misrepresentations". But not to attack her. That applies to any/every member. Regarding fast or slow, Mods respond to what they see when they see it. No member is singled out for "protection".

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2020, 11:31:59 pm »
So it seems very fitting that the President that has the support of Christians in America would advocate for gay president.   
[/b]

Now Tump is "advocating for a gay president?"

What "Bullshit!!!!" Too bad TDS  is a protected class.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2020, 11:40:58 pm »
Which paragraph in  the Constitution/ammendments deals with homosexuality?

I fail to find it in the Founders' papers.

I missed that in middle school civics, HS history, Business Law, Real Estate Law, etc.

I don't recall hearing about it as an early supporter of then Gov. Reagan.

Therefore to me, it is mainly an obsession of a certain susbet of religios Christians, and muslims, in America and foreign cultures.
So you went to school in or before the 70s when the "love that dared not speak" was still quiet. Now it won't shut up.

Funny, the Founders didn't write about cell phones, or computer hacks, not a word.
But they read about the demise of Sodom and Gomorrah. What was there to discuss?

One of the things which defines civilization is the ability to rear children in a stable environment and teach them their own culture. Traditional (one man and one woman) marriage has ever been that bastion of Western Civilization, providing the stable social base that enabled that. You didn't hear much about divorce in those days, either. It wasn't so common. For good, bad, or indifferent, those unions were less capriciously entered into, and more tenaciously defended, and that contributed to that stability.

You don't find any sort of sexuality mentioned in the US Constitution. There was an overwhelming "subset" of behaviour which conformed to the Judeo-Christian religious definition of marriage, practiced in the Churches which oversaw the formalizing of those unions. Anything else must have been dealt with with discretion. So, not much to talk about.

It wasn't mentioned in Civics classes (gone the way of the dinosaur, now), nor in HS History, except (again) Sodom and Gomorrah. It wasn't a matter that had been raised. People might gossip in locker rooms, but sexuality wasn't commonly discussed in public. There were still those seven words you couldn't say on television (actually more).

What amazes me now, is the fixation this formerly 'oppressed' minority (overall, a very small subset, despite its evangelical approach to adding to its numbers) has imposed on a culture and society which overwhelmingly doesn't practice it.

If you want to do whatever in your bedroom, then keep it there and quit waving it about in public.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2020, 01:23:03 am »

That's exactly what it is...populism.  It isn't going to be me that keeps anyone from voting for Trump.  But I hope that good Christians who do hold to Biblical truth will be taking note.  People who can see with their own eyes that this isn't the Christian desire for this nation.  And all that say we aren't hiring a minister I say take a look.  Because if you continue to vote for people without morals the further this country erodes.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2020, 02:51:24 am »
So you went to school in or before the 70s when the "love that dared not speak" was still quiet. Now it won't shut up.

Funny, the Founders didn't write about cell phones, or computer hacks, not a word.
But they read about the demise of Sodom and Gomorrah. What was there to discuss?

One of the things which defines civilization is the ability to rear children in a stable environment and teach them their own culture. Traditional (one man and one woman) marriage has ever been that bastion of Western Civilization, providing the stable social base that enabled that. You didn't hear much about divorce in those days, either. It wasn't so common. For good, bad, or indifferent, those unions were less capriciously entered into, and more tenaciously defended, and that contributed to that stability.

You don't find any sort of sexuality mentioned in the US Constitution. There was an overwhelming "subset" of behaviour which conformed to the Judeo-Christian religious definition of marriage, practiced in the Churches which oversaw the formalizing of those unions. Anything else must have been dealt with with discretion. So, not much to talk about.

It wasn't mentioned in Civics classes (gone the way of the dinosaur, now), nor in HS History, except (again) Sodom and Gomorrah. It wasn't a matter that had been raised. People might gossip in locker rooms, but sexuality wasn't commonly discussed in public. There were still those seven words you couldn't say on television (actually more).

What amazes me now, is the fixation this formerly 'oppressed' minority (overall, a very small subset, despite its evangelical approach to adding to its numbers) has imposed on a culture and society which overwhelmingly doesn't practice it.

If you want to do whatever in your bedroom, then keep it there and quit waving it about in public.

Bravo!!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2020, 03:13:42 am »
Bravo!!!

@Smokin Joe certainly does have "the knack" with words.  Glad he's here.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2020, 03:23:44 am »
https://www.wthrockmorton.com/2010/09/24/was-ronald-reagan-anti-gay/

"Reagan used both a September 24, 1978, statement and a syndicated newspaper column to campaign against the initiative. {Briggs initiative}
“Whatever else it is,” Reagan wrote, “homosexuality is not a contagious disease like the measles. Prevailing scientific opinion is that an individual’s sexuality is determined at a very early age and that a child’s teachers do not really influence this.” He also argued: “Since the measure does not restrict itself to the classroom, every aspect of a teacher’s personal life could presumably come under suspicion. What constitutes ‘advocacy’ of homosexuality? Would public opposition to Proposition 6 by a teacher — should it pass — be considered advocacy?”
That November 7, Proposition 6 lost, 41.6 percent in favor to 58.4 percent against. Reagan’s opposition is considered instrumental to its defeat.
As Aaron Goldstein noted in the American Spectator, Reagan had nothing to gain by intervening in the Prop 6 fight in 1978 and a lot to lose"

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/scotts/bulgarians/barry-goldwater.html

Ban on Gays is Senseless Attempt to Stall the Inevitable
By Barry M. Goldwater

libertarian Republiczans have typified the West for awhile; Reagan and  Goldwater being good examples

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2020, 03:26:57 am »

Trump says he would vote for a gay president

**nononono*
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2020, 03:32:37 am »
@Smokin Joe certainly does have "the knack" with words.  Glad he's here.

Amen! And when he speaks, he speaks the truth.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2020, 03:51:36 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Grenell

Richard Allen Grenell (born September 18, 1966) is the current United States Ambassador to Germany. He is the longest serving U.S. spokesman at the United Nations.

In 2001, Grenell was appointed by President George W. Bush as Director of Communications and Public Diplomacy for the United States Permanent Representative to the United Nations.

Where's the cut-off in responsibility?  Grenell is gay, he has already had plenty of governmental responsibilities.

Buttigieg flaunts his homosexuality, I have no idea if Grenell is married and so on.

If the opposing candidate was Bernie Sanders, I might consider a Conservative who was also gay, I'd have to explore all avenues.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2020, 04:07:47 am »

You write very well @Smokin Joe  Your style is clear and engaging.  And, you present your thoughts without judging or belittling opinions held by others --- another gift.

I hope you're using these gifts beyond the Briefing Room. 

I'm curious --- are you involved with your local school board, church, city council or state government?