Author Topic: Trump says he would vote for a gay president  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump says he would vote for a gay president
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2020, 06:08:35 am »
Spoken like a man who just can't wait to throw the first stone. For a "man of the Christian right, it seems you've learned nothing of Jesus".

That isn't what church is about.  Throwing stones.  It is about telling people that they can have a changed life from the slavery to sin.  That is the problem with the homosexual agenda.  They just don't want to accept that they are sinners.  And that is fine.  If people are happy with their lives nobody is forcing them to accept the free gift of Salvation.  The healing power that only comes from the blood of Christ Jesus. 

The Bible is for people who choose to accept Christ and say I am a sinner.  That is the point that sinners need Christ.   Who choose to allow God to heal them from the pains of life.  I don't think there is one person in the world who hasn't made bad choices that has had very bad consequences.  That is what Christ is about.  Not finger pointing but accepting people where they are.  A true Christian will tell anyone that their righteousness is like filthy rags.  It is through Christ Jesus if we seek him and trust him He is faithful to heal us and make us new.

There is no gay gene.   There is just human condition and it happened when sin was introduced to the world.  You don't have to believe it but you do know in your heart that homosexuality is not the life most people would choose.  I believe it too.  A drug addict wouldn't choose their hellish life either.

And your comments are just so stupid.  The very reason that the church is condemning itself for homosexuality is because they forgot their First Love.  The Love for Christ who heals them and makes them whole.  To say homosexuality isn't a sin is to deny the power of Christ to change a person.  To make them new creations in Christ Jesus free from the pain of homosexual life.

So if that is what you think that Jesus is about find yourself one of those churches that are based on nothing.  That ignore what Christ died for.  That deny His power to overcome sin and death.  And be happy.  But leave my church and the Word of God alone.  Because Jesus talks about sin.

And in the same way you don't go to the doctor unless you want him to heal your sickness Jesus is the same.  It is His love for us that brings us to that place where we admit that we need help.  We need a healer.  We need Jesus. 

2 Corinthians 5:17

New Living Translation
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

There are a whole lot of old life sins.  Homosexuality is not special.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 07:06:57 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2020, 06:32:22 am »
As for a homosexual being President no for many reasons.  And surprisingly not about religion.  No because whether you believe in God or not homosexuality is not moral.  It doesn't take religion to look at the pictures of a gay pride parade and say that is immoral.  And no matter what your morals are based on children at a gay pride parade is wrong.  Exposing everyone in your neighborhood to women on bikes not wearing tops.  Men in all kinds of sexual wear making fools out of themselves simulating sex on the street.  Sorry, but you might as well call it like it is.  Its society becoming like Sodom and Gommorah.

I do look for Christian men and women to vote for.  Ones that are not only Christian in name, but are examples of moral men and women.  Because that is the kind of society that I want to live in.  A place of respect and human decency.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 06:39:52 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2020, 06:52:35 am »
And here is another thing.  Homosexuals have higher rate of mental health issues and drug addiction.  What do you think they blame it on?  They blame it on homophobia.  They have been out and proud for a very long time.  So proud they have to get naked and have a parade every year.  Stupid. 

They can't even admit that their sexuality makes them depressed and the gay scene is highly involved in drug use.

They lie to themselves and they expect everyone to support their lies.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 06:54:07 am by Chosen Daughter »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2020, 07:59:33 am »
That isn't what church is about.  Throwing stones.  It is about telling people that they can have a changed life from the slavery to sin. 

Christianity is a program based on attraction rather than promotion.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2020, 08:35:27 am »
Christianity is a program based on attraction rather than promotion.

Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. - Ephesians 4:11

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,  - 1st Peter 3:15

Sometimes in forums I slip on the last part of that..... forgive... I do try though...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:39:07 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2020, 11:41:12 am »
Is this your number one issue?

IIRC, it was the deficit spending.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2020, 11:45:22 am »
No they're not. You ain't even getting half of them out to vote.
Most of my friends are hard core Christian Right. Not a single one of them is Republican anymore, And if they vote at all, they vote like me. LDS, Fundy Baptists, orthodox Presbys, a few conservative Methodists. a lot of Pentecostals... All their churches are packed to the rafters for every meeting.

Funny. The doctrinal churches here are bursting at the seams. Nobody's voting Republican anymore. Maybe that's what you mean.

Thank God for the Electoral College.   Churches in California, New York, Pennsylvania and Florida are 'starving' if not for the Hispanic-speaking population.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2020, 01:05:41 pm »

No, like I said, I don't have issues. I have principles. No principle is any greater than the other. That's an equal set of several.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2020, 01:57:42 pm »
Bravo, Mr. President.   Note that he acknowledged that some would not vote for a homosexual,  but he would have no issue.   Agree to disagree.   

I am glad when the President or any other voter is willing to judge a man by his character and not by how he was wired by his Creator.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2020, 01:58:27 pm »
My two cents.  The word 'Church' represents a building; those within the church are members or parishioners. You can hold a religious ceremony, mass or gathering without church.  One does not need to attend a 'church' in order to be a Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ.  Living the Word of God and following the teachings of Christ to me are far more important.  Many so called "Christians" attend church on Sunday or the Sabbath Day but live a life of hypocrisy outside of the Church.

The Bible clearly gives talks about homosexuality as a sin. Being gay clearly defines who one is.  There is no escaping that.  Either you are homosexual or heterosexual.  Any form of sexual conduct outside of being heterosexual is immoral.

Someone however can be gay without being a liberal.  They could hold their country and the Constitution dear to their hearts but still be gay.

Lying, swearing, stealing, adultery, envy, homosexuality, etc., etc., are all sins.  No one is perfect.  No president is going to be perfect and not guilty of sin in some way.

People have become obsessed and go haywire every time Trump opens his mouth.  Other than that I'm not so sure why this is such a huge issue.

As far as I know, Buttgig is not an axe murderer, hasn't committed treason, and could probably pass a background check (many of our Senators and Congressmen wouldn't be able to) and as far as I know he has met all the qualifications needed to run for the presidency.

Do I think it would be absolutely shameful to have a gay president? Absolutely.  I can't imagine having a First Gentlemen.  Some will vote for him however to be politically correct.

Seventy-six percent of Americans said they would vote for a gay or lesbian candidate for president in a 2019 Gallup poll. Among Democrats, 83 percent said they would vote for a gay or lesbian candidate, as well as 61 percent of Republicans and 82 percent of independents.

Trump has surprised me with this statement. I don't see him as being all that accepting of "gays".  He against transexuals in the military, against same sex marriage and benefits but denounced Iran's human rights record via focus on LGBT issues. I have to agree with him.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2020, 02:24:45 pm »
Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. - Ephesians 4:11

The five-fold ministry is just as true today as it was 2000 years ago.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2020, 02:42:27 pm »
I would definitely vote for a constitutionalist homosexual candidate over the usual statist heterosexual dregs of either party.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2020, 02:55:31 pm »

That was the answer I was expecting @DCPatriot  I guess number one issues are fluid.   :shrug:

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2020, 03:13:00 pm »
That was the answer I was expecting @DCPatriot  I guess number one issues are fluid.   :shrug:

Of course, "number one" issues are fluid.

If they weren't fluid, they would be "number two" issues.

Love potty humor.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online roamer_1

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2020, 03:16:56 pm »
That is a issue.  I knew it would be an issue when Trump held up his rainbow flag.  And when I can't find a church that doesn't embrace it any longer I just won't go.  It was only a short while ago that the Republican party supported Defense of Marriage

I know, right? They never meant it. They never have... It's all about the BOHICA (heh... there's a pun in there somewhere)...

In ALL things.
That is why I am a Republican no more. *SPIT*

Online roamer_1

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2020, 03:20:31 pm »
:amen:

I like my church because it preaches the whole message.  It doesn't leave out anybody's sin.

Well, I don't really get a church... But I know the ones I get along with - That'd be the ones that know their Bibles and try to live by it.

Offline corbe

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2020, 03:21:47 pm »
Of course, "number one" issues are fluid.

If they weren't fluid, they would be "number two" issues.

Love potty humor.

Needed that bit of humor @FeelNoPain this thread was getting way to serious even for a Sunday morning when everyone is usually in Church.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2020, 03:30:29 pm »
Bravo, Mr. President.   Note that he acknowledged that some would not vote for a homosexual,  but he would have no issue.   Agree to disagree.   

I am glad when the President or any other voter is willing to judge a man by his character and not by how he was wired by his Creator.   

Hate to be preachy and religious here, Jazz, but God didn't "wire" sin into us.  We are in a fallen, sinful world, and choose to sin..... or not.

Blaming God for our sin isn't really a good idea........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2020, 03:30:31 pm »
I am not having this turn into a religious debate...and especially all the homosexual nicknames please keep to yourselves.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 03:38:47 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34