Author Topic: Nolte: Poll Shows Impeachment Torpedoes Hit Joe Biden, Not Donald Trump  (Read 337 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Nolte 14 Feb 2020

The latest polling leaves no doubt Joe Biden was severely damaged by an impeachment process that was supposed to ruin President Trump.

Obviously, the far-left Politico will never frame its own Morning Consult poll in that way, but that is definitely the takeaway to anyone interested in the facts.

Here are the bottom-line numbers.

A majority of “52 percent of voters believe it was inappropriate for the former vice president’s son, Hunter Biden, to take the job with the firm Burisma.”

Only 18 percent said it was appropriate.

An even bigger majority of 57 percent describe it as a legitimate scandal, while only 19 percent agree with the fake news media that it is not a scandal.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/02/14/poll-shows-impeachment-torpedoes-hit-joe-biden-not-donald-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Nolte: Poll Shows Impeachment Torpedoes Hit Joe Biden, Not Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 08:14:04 pm »
I'm still not buying it. Impeachment didn't tell anyone anything about the Bidens they didn't already know. The idea that Joe would be cruising to the nomination if not for impeachment is ludicrous.

The fact that the polling shows vulnerability on the issue means that his opponents would have used it against him effectively anyway, and it would have been better for us if he hadn't collapsed so early, while Bloomberg and Klobuchar still have plenty of time to get their acts together.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 02:42:35 am »
I'm still not buying it. Impeachment didn't tell anyone anything about the Bidens they didn't already know. The idea that Joe would be cruising to the nomination if not for impeachment is ludicrous.

The fact that the polling shows vulnerability on the issue means that his opponents would have used it against him effectively anyway, and it would have been better for us if he hadn't collapsed so early, while Bloomberg and Klobuchar still have plenty of time to get their acts together.
The fact that almost every time Joe opens his pie hole something ludicrous or insulting spills out, and the little issue he has with his hands and poking fingers have 100% more to do with torpedoing him than anything to do with the impeachment.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 01:47:36 pm »

I think you overestimate the attention span of the typical American voter. I don't suspect anyone outside hardcore political circles knew about the Ukraine and Burisma dealings in terms of the Bidens before they tried to use it against Trump.

That alleged phone call put the Bidens' corruption front and center for all to see, most importantly in a way that separated it from the "he said/she said" of daily political whining. By packaging it in a way that was intended to attack someone else, they inadvertently provided an even more potent cudgel against Biden.

Ah, those good ol' unintended consequences.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024