Author Topic: Senate rebukes Trump, votes to limit Iran war making ability  (Read 331 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Senate rebukes Trump, votes to limit Iran war making ability
« on: February 14, 2020, 03:48:53 am »
Senate rebukes Trump, votes to limit Iran war making ability

Patricia Zengerle

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate passed legislation on Thursday to limit President Donald Trump’s ability to wage war against Iran, rebuking him weeks after a strike against an Iranian military commander and Tehran’s retaliation raised fears of broader regional conflict.

Eight of Trump’s fellow Republicans joined Democrats to pass the war powers resolution by 55-45. The measure would require Trump to remove U.S. troops engaged in hostilities against Iran unless Congress declares war or passes a specific authorization for the use of military force.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-congress-idUSKBN2072NX
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Senate rebukes Trump, votes to limit Iran war making ability
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 03:50:46 am »
Eight more enemies for Trump.  I read someone suggesting a third term for Trump.  His AG is scolding him.  Republican Senate doesn't even trust him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 02:04:41 pm »
Uhm, the president can veto this legislation, and without a 2/3rds majority it's still just hot air.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 05:47:51 pm »
Our legislative branch is neutered.  Even with stuff they agree on they can't actually pass crap.  Just make Trump King already.