Author Topic: CA sheriff forced to reveal concealed carriers’ identities to newspaper  (Read 709 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Kyle Perisic January 30, 2020

A sheriff in California is being legally forced to release sensitive information about private citizens who have a concealed carry permit.

On Monday, Sutter County Sheriff Brandon Barnes alerted citizens who have a concealed carry permit that their name, permit number, date of permit issue and expiration, is being turned over to the San Francisco Chronicle due to a public record request issued on Jan. 10, CBS13 reported.

Barnes wrote in a Tuesday letter that he personally declined turning over the information, but the Office of County Counsel advised him that he is legally obligated to turn over the information.

“The San Francisco Chronicle has not indicated why they want the information or how they intend to use the information,” Barnes added.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/01/ca-sheriff-forced-to-reveal-concealed-carriers-identities-to-newspaper/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So the County Attorneys advised him to turn the names over?  Screw that, force them to sue.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Butte County does not neighbor SF County/City. Not even close. Public records law(s) probably do not allow this, but the SF Comical should be asked what the HELL they intend to do with a list of concealed-carriers in a county a couple hundred miles from SF.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline darroll

What next for that crap-hole.

Online roamer_1

This is why I have never, and will never apply for CCW.

Offline darroll

Ca.(s) Goose is cooked.
Where are the good guys that can stop this?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ca.(s) Goose is cooked.

The County isn't even lifting a finger to stop it.  The Sheriff folded on the word of the County Attorney who doesn't like guns, apparently.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The County isn't even lifting a finger to stop it.  The Sheriff folded on the word of the County Attorney who doesn't like guns, apparently.
Sounds like they need a new sheriff to me, for starters.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
Ca.(s) Goose is cooked.

Send a Public Records Act request to San Francisco asking for THEIR list of CCW permit holders.

It should be brief and all Democrat.
There is nothing feminine about feminism.