Author Topic: McConnell sets up vote for two anti-abortion bills  (Read 375 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell sets up vote for two anti-abortion bills
« on: February 14, 2020, 01:00:19 am »
McConnell sets up vote for two anti-abortion bills
by Anthony Leonardi
 | February 13, 2020 07:06 PM

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is setting the stage for the upper chamber of Congress to vote on two abortion bills: One bans late-term abortion, and the other punishes doctors who do not administer proper care to children who survive an abortion.

The first bill, proposed by South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, prohibits all abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy except in cases of rape, incest, and the endangerment of the life of the mother.

The second is proposed by Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse, which mandates doctors "exercise the proper degree of care in the case of a child who survives an abortion or attempted abortion."

Both bills require 60 votes in the chamber to pass a procedural hurdle, but, with Republicans only controlling 53 seats in the Senate, the future of the bill is uncertain. Democrats in the Senate shut down Sasse's Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection bill last year in the Senate.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mitch-mcconnell-sets-up-vote-for-two-anti-abortion-bills
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: McConnell sets up vote for two anti-abortion bills
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 01:10:17 am »
Total waste of time.  With the Democommies in charge of the House, they will NEVER put limits on abortion, so why bother?

These people have no sense to work on things that can be implemented.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 01:12:29 am »
Total waste of time.  With the Democommies in charge of the House, they will NEVER put limits on abortion, so why bother?

The fact that the House will not act by no means makes this a "waste of time" IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 01:16:55 am »
The second bill (i.e. the Sasse bill) is not an anti-abortion bill.  It merely protects the life of a baby born alive.

Is Ben Sasse’s Born-Alive Bill ‘Anti-Abortion’?

Alexandra DeSanctis     |     February 5, 2019 11:36 AM

~snip~

The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act provides the following:

• creates criminal penalties for doctors who allow infants to die rather than providing medical care after attempted abortion procedures
  • mandates that a child born alive in an abortion clinic be transported to a hospital for further care
  • requires health-care practitioners to report any violations of the law
  • institutes penalties for intentionally killing a newborn, including fines and up to five years’ imprisonment
  • grants the woman on whom the abortion is performed civil cause of action against the abortionist and protection from prosecution if her child is not cared for after birth

None of these provisions is “anti-abortion.” None of them limits abortion rights. None of them “controls women’s bodies.” Notably, the bill doesn’t even mandate any particular kind of medical care at all; it requires that physicians “exercise the same degree of professional skill, care, and diligence to preserve the life and health of the child as a reasonably diligent and conscientious health care practitioner would render to any other child born alive at the same gestational age.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/is-ben-sasses-born-alive-bill-anti-abortion/

Of course, Democrats blocked it anyway.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 01:31:38 am »

Pardon my skepticism
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 01:43:10 am »

Not doing your job because your coworker won't do theirs protects them and jeopardizes you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 11:30:50 am »

One isn't so much a limit on abortion, as a limit on infanticide.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 01:38:07 pm »
Not doing your job because your coworker won't do theirs protects them and jeopardizes you.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien