Author Topic: Barr blasts Trump's tweets on Stone case: 'Impossible for me to do my job': ABC News Exclusive  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald J. Trump Retweeted

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Congratulations to Attorney General Bill Barr for taking charge of a case that was totally out of control and perhaps should not have even been brought. Evidence now clearly shows that the Mueller Scam was improperly brought & tainted. Even Bob Mueller lied to Congress!

3:53 AM - 12 Feb 2020

Offline Applewood

Tell us what you know about the jury foreman.

As I understand it, she had made posts on social media declaring her dislike for Donald Trump.  I tried to read the posts, but the print was too small for my old eyes.   

Now I don't know about federal cases, but in my state, one's political party or political views are generally not questioned in criminal cases.  A juror is supposed to put that aside and consider only the testimony and evidence in the case.  Now if she had made some posts or sent emails during the trial saying Stone was guilty, then I would guess she would have been disqualified. 

In any event, I suppose Stone's lawyers can bring this up on appeal.  But unless there is some evidence that the forewoman's political views  tainted her decision and that of the other jurors, I expect Stone would lose on that issue on appeal. 

Also, I found this:

On Wednesday, a court filing revealed that the judge in Stone’s case, Amy Berman Jackson, last week denied a sealed request by Stone to grant him a new trial. Stone had argued that he deserved a new trial on the grounds that the judge rejected his earlier motion at his trial to strike another juror, not Hart, from the case for cause.

Stone had argued that the unidentified juror “should have been removed for bias” because the juror “is employed in a division of the Internal Revenue Service ‘that works hand-in-hand with the Department of Justice prosecuting criminal tax matters,’” and because they ”‘violated the Court’s order to avoid media coverage of the case,’” Jackson wrote.

The judge noted that there was nothing in the juror’s questionnaire or their testimony to support Stone’s claim that the juror works “on criminal matters or interacts with the Department of Justice at all, much less that” the juror “works ‘hand-in-hand’ with Justice Department lawyers prosecuting criminal tax cases.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/13/roger-stone-lawyers-evaluating-trump-posts-by-jury-forewoman.html

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
No matter how legitimate his concerns, ABC News was not the appropriate place to air them.

:amen: @mountaineer!  I'm sure that he only had to make one phone call in order to express his concerns directly to the President. 

Maybe he should concentrate on removing the subversive elements from the DOJ instead of making appearances in the media! In other words, doing his damned JOB!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:40:43 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@mountaineer  I definitely agree with that....just telling Mike at dinner I hope he told Trump this before he went on ABC

He should never have said that in public regardless of who he had previously told @mystery-ak.  My $.02

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Who knows. But going to ABC with his comment was probably the single best thing Barr could've done to re-establish any credibility he may have lost with the public, if any, due to rat howling.  And it really didn't hurt Trump for him to do so.

I normally agree with you @skeeter but not this time. I strongly disagree.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He should never have said that in public regardless of who he had previously told @mystery-ak.  My $.02

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

:amen: @mountaineer!  I'm sure that he only had to make one phone call in order to express his concerns directly to the President. 

Maybe he should concentrate on removing the subversive elements from the DOJ instead of making appearances in the media! In other words, doing his damned JOB!

:amen: @Bigun    My sentiments exactly!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I never said he should have went to ABC...I said I agree with what he said about Trump...and that I hoped he told Trump in private what he was about to do and not blindside Trump.....Barr has been around forever so I have to think he told Trump beforehand...and who knows this may be a part of a greater plan between the two.. :shrug:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

I normally agree with you @skeeter but not this time. I strongly disagree.

I know we want the same outcome, @Bigun.

If Trump wants to educate the world about Stone's mistreatment via Twitter, I heartily agree. But IMO he should not lend to the impression, however untrue, he is influencing his appointee, AG Barr by cheering on his actions.

Tweets in that regard are unnecessary. Barr obviously is a straight shooter and he clearly denied being influenced by POTUS in any way. He was talking about political static. And by saying what he did he has established his independence which will be necessary when (if) if he lets the other shoe drop on the rats.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:13:04 am by skeeter »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I know we want the same outcome, @Bigun.

If Trump wants to educate the world about Stone's mistreatment via Twitter, I heartily agree. But IMO he should not lend to the impression, however untrue, he is influencing his appointee, AG Barr by cheering on his actions.

Tweets in that regard are unnecessary. Barr obviously is a straight shooter and he clearly denied being influenced by POTUS in any way. He was talking about political static. And by saying what he did he has established his independence which will be necessary when (if) if he lets the other shoe drop on the rats.

I see your point @skeeter still not sure I agree with it.  As I have said elsewhere,  If General Barr has a problem with ANYTHING the president is doing/has done I'm sure all he has to do is pick up the phone and express them directly. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I never said he should have went to ABC...I said I agree with what he said about Trump...and that I hoped he told Trump in private what he was about to do and not blindside Trump.....Barr has been around forever so I have to think he told Trump beforehand...and who knows this may be a part of a greater plan between the two.. :shrug:

A point I had not previously considered @mystery-ak but for the life of me, I cannot imagine the objective.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:42:06 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Exactly....From what I know right now, I am with Barr....

Same here.  I am becoming more pro-Trump, but his Twitter rants really need to stop.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A point I had not previously considered @mystery-ak but for the life of me, I cannot imagine the objective.

@Bigun
I have no idea but I just find it hard to believe that a man like Barr didn't discuss his forthcoming interview with ABC with Trump...unless I have misjudged Barr all this time..it wouldn't be the first time..
Support the USO

Offline ArneFufkin

@ArneFufkin
I posted several threads in Scandal Watch here
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,71.0.html

Thanks!   Will there ever be a time when the DC Dirty Deeds discontinue being Done Dirt Cheap?

What a corrupt cesspool.

Offline ArneFufkin

As I understand it, she had made posts on social media declaring her dislike for Donald Trump.  I tried to read the posts, but the print was too small for my old eyes.   

Now I don't know about federal cases, but in my state, one's political party or political views are generally not questioned in criminal cases.  A juror is supposed to put that aside and consider only the testimony and evidence in the case.  Now if she had made some posts or sent emails during the trial saying Stone was guilty, then I would guess she would have been disqualified. 

In any event, I suppose Stone's lawyers can bring this up on appeal.  But unless there is some evidence that the forewoman's political views  tainted her decision and that of the other jurors, I expect Stone would lose on that issue on appeal. 

Also, I found this:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/13/roger-stone-lawyers-evaluating-trump-posts-by-jury-forewoman.html

She was a political plant by dirty Mueller prosecutors!

I have been unlucky enough to serve on a jury and the dynamic influence of one strong personality is amplified greatly.   A woman like Tomeka Hart, a craven political animal, can easily sway and bully 7 or 11 fellow jurors to accede to her agenda and demands. 

I see the usual MSM White Knights are already flocking to her side.   She's as untouchable as Eric Ciaramella.   What's the over/under before Google and YouTube remove her from their search matrix like they've largely done with the "whistleblower"?

Offline Absalom

The Trump Fan Club has declared Barr their bad guy in this, so he better watch out.
Upon reflection, maybe their secret longing/sorrow is that Gober Sessions ain't AG?
Sigh.................wasn't he simply marvelous???
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 08:07:57 pm by Absalom »

Offline ArneFufkin

The Trump Fan Club has declared Barr their bag guy in this, so he better watch out.
Upon reflection, maybe their secret longing/sorrow is that Gober Sessions ain't AG?
Sigh.................wasn't he simply marvelous???

Are you communicating your silly NeverTrumper screeds in Haiku?

Why don't you format your predictable blather in a readable way?

Offline Absalom

Are you communicating your silly NeverTrumper screeds in Haiku?
Why don't you format your predictable blather in a readable way?
--------------------------------
Er.................it's called English but next time I'll limit
the grammar to 4 letters or less to reduce your stress level.
By the way, it's called sarcasm.

Offline Applewood

She was a political plant by dirty Mueller prosecutors!

Proof?  Or is this another rant from pro-Trump bloggers?

Not everything is a conspiracy.  Again, I ask, have you ever considered the possibility that Stone did wrong, is guilty of his crimes and should be in prison?

Offline skeeter

Not everything is a conspiracy.  Again, I ask, have you ever considered the possibility that Stone did wrong, is guilty of his crimes and should be in prison?
Boy have you ever missed the point.

Offline Applewood

Offline skeeter

Which is?

Unequal application of the law. Prosecutorial misconduct. Jury nullification & politicization of the courts.

How about sending a first time offender guilty of a process crime to jail for life for something the other party regularly skates on?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 04:25:59 am by skeeter »

Offline ArneFufkin

I have considered this at great length, and with a heavy heart.

*****rollingeyes*****

No.  Nada.  Negative.  No eeefing way.  I don't pray for any of Mueller's henchmen.  They need to be politically eviscerated.

I want President Trump to pardon Stone, LtGen Flynn and Manafort.   

More impeachments, more NeverTrumper hissy fits, more MSM Lefty lunacy and tyranny.  So what?  This is a War, let's fight.  To win.  Like Operation Overlord or the battle for Okinawa ... No prisoners taken.   No looking back, no regrets or apologies.

"Not saying sorry" is not just for delicious Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.    Dang, now I want one.