Author Topic: Barr blasts Trump's tweets on Stone case: 'Impossible for me to do my job': ABC News Exclusive  (Read 3454 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barr blasts Trump's tweets on Stone case: 'Impossible for me to do my job': ABC News Exclusive
The attorney general spoke with ABC News Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas.
By
Anne Flaherty
February 13, 2020, 3:00 PM

In an exclusive interview, Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that President Donald Trump "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case” but should stop tweeting about the Justice Department because his tweets “make it impossible for me to do my job.”

Barr’s comments are a rare break with a president who the attorney general has aligned himself with and fiercely defended. But it also puts Barr in line with many of Trump’s supporters on Capitol Hill who say they support the president but wish he’d cut back on his tweets.

â€œI think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Barr told ABC News Chief Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas.

When asked if he was prepared for the consequences of criticizing the president – his boss – Barr said “of course” because his job is to run the Justice Department and make decisions on “what I think is the right thing to do.”

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/barr-blasts-trumps-tweets-stone-case-impossible-job/story?id=68963276&cid=clicksource_4380645_2_heads_hero_live_hero_hed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Sorry, Mr. Barr, but I don't believe you.  But I agree that Trump should STFU about this case.  I would not be surprised if the judge gives Stone the maximum as a result.

Offline Longiron

Sorry, Mr. Barr, but I don't believe you.  But I agree that Trump should STFU about this case.  I would not be surprised if the judge gives Stone the maximum as a result.

TRUMP wants to Drain the SWAMP but Barr = Swamp Protector? Before anyone bitches just name one indictment, conviction that BARR has done in 2.5 years??? :amen: The public has all the evidence needed but NOTHING ever done? Why ? :chairbang:

Offline EdinVA

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody ... whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president,” Barr said. “I’m gonna do what I think is right. And you know … I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me.”

Perfect response.... Trump is tough but Barr can handle it...

Offline ArneFufkin

TRUMP wants to Drain the SWAMP but Barr = Swamp Protector? Before anyone bitches just name one indictment, conviction that BARR has done in 2.5 years??? :amen: The public has all the evidence needed but NOTHING ever done? Why ? :chairbang:

Why?  Seriously?

First, you are taking on the MOB!  The DC swamp is no different than the 5 Mafia Families when they RAN NYC back in the day.   They owned the pols, owned the Cops, owned the Judges and the Feds.

Second, you have to build an airtight case that even persuades the MORONS that comprise a Washington DC jury.   All retired or "disabled" Federal employees.

C'mon, let this play out.   Barr knows the score and he's letting Durham build the case against these traitorous Quislings.  You don't indict without a probability of conviction.    Every single thing in DC has been crafted BY these scumbags to protect these scumbags.

Tread softly.   What was the old .38 Special tune about men with women?   "Hold on loosely, but don't let go!"

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Perfect response.... Trump is tough but Barr can handle it...

Exactly....From what I know right now, I am with Barr....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Applewood

What do you know about Judge Amy Berman Jackson?  If she's not one of Obama's worst robed despots ... she's in the top five. LMAO.

You seem to have a problem discerning good guys from bad guys.   It's a bit of a virus around these here parts.

Seems you have a problem with the judge because Stone was convicted in her courtroom.  Did it ever occur to you that Stone was convicted because he was guilty?  As far as I know, the bad things said about Judge Jackson have come from pro-Trump disgruntled hacks like the Gateway Pundit who have accused her of everything under the sun, but with no real proof of bias or wrongdoing. 

Offline ArneFufkin

Seems you have a problem with the judge because Stone was convicted in her courtroom.  Did it ever occur to you that Stone was convicted because he was guilty?  As far as I know, the bad things said about Judge Jackson have come from pro-Trump disgruntled hacks like the Gateway Pundit who have accused her of everything under the sun, but with no real proof of bias or wrongdoing.

So, as I surmised, you know next to nothing about the case or her courtroom stewardship.

Please educate me ... well ... the community.  Tell us everything you know about Roger Stone's great criminal offense and why he should die in prison (he's 68 and he has a nine year sentence).   Give us the rundown, please, because you seem to be an expert on his great criminality.

Explain yourself and your stance.  Do it!  I've had a difficulty around here getting you Never Trumpers to make a lick of sense.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:36:47 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline Applewood

So, as I surmised, you know next to nothing about the case or her courtroom stewardship.

Do you?  Or are you relying on the aforementioned pro-Trump hacks? 

Offline ArneFufkin

Do you?  Or are you relying on the aforementioned pro-Trump hacks?

Explain your stance.   Make your case for a putative "Death Sentence".  Nine year sentence ... for what exactly?

I'll await your nothingness.

Offline Applewood

Explain your stance.   Make your case for a putative "Death Sentence".  Nine year sentence ... for what exactly?

I'll await your nothingness.

Lying to congress and witness tampering.  Now I don't know what the normal sentence would be for those charges, but I'm told nine years is the max under the guidelines.  I believe the judge could make it less, not sure about more 

And by the way, Stone violated a gag order imposed by the judge when he tweeted about the case.  Are you gong to blame that on the judge too? 

Unless someone can prove to me with absolute certainty that the evidence was tainted, witnesses lied and the judge or jury were biased, then I'd say the guilty verdict was valid.  I am not going to rely on any screeching from the pro-Trump bloggers who espouse conspiracy theories and suspicions without proof.

(Edited to add:  I looked it up.  The guidelines are guidelines only.  The judge can make a sentence shorter or longer at his or her discretion. 

And if Trump continues to disparage the judge, the jury and everyone else connected with the case, I would not be surprised if the judge decides to throw the book at Stone.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:31:09 pm by Applewood »

Offline mountaineer

No matter how legitimate his concerns, ABC News was not the appropriate place to air them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Axeslinger

@mystery-ak
I’m sorry thats not allowed.  The Truth Squad will be along at any moment to browbeat you into submission and re-educate you.  What do you think this is?  Your site?

wink777
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline skeeter

There’s every indication Barr knows what he’s doing. Trump should listen to him.

Offline ArneFufkin

Lying to congress and witness tampering.  Now I don't know what the normal sentence would be for those charges, but I'm told nine years is the max under the guidelines.  I believe the judge could make it less, not sure about more 

And by the way, Stone violated a gag order imposed by the judge when he tweeted about the case.  Are you gong to blame that on the judge too? 

Unless someone can prove to me with absolute certainty that the evidence was tainted, witnesses lied and the judge or jury were biased, then I'd say the guilty verdict was valid.  I am not going to rely on any screeching from the pro-Trump bloggers who espouse conspiracy theories and suspicions without proof.

(Edited to add:  I looked it up.  The guidelines are guidelines only.  The judge can make a sentence shorter or longer at his or her discretion. 

And if Trump continues to disparage the judge, the jury and everyone else connected with the case, I would not be surprised if the judge decides to throw the book at Stone.)

Tell us what you know about the jury foreman.

Offline skeeter

@mystery-ak
I’m sorry thats not allowed.  The Truth Squad will be along at any moment to browbeat you into submission and re-educate you.  What do you think this is?  Your site?

wink777

By Truth Squad I guess you're referring to those assuring us a prison sentence exceeding that given most rapists for 'lying to congress' about a conversation had with a comedian and threatening an associate's cat is perfectly normal and should be unquestioningly accepted.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:48:29 pm by skeeter »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No matter how legitimate his concerns, ABC News was not the appropriate place to air them.

@mountaineer  I definitely agree with that....just telling Mike at dinner I hope he told Trump this before he went on ABC
Support the USO

Offline Axeslinger

By Truth Squad I guess you're referring to those assuring us a prison sentence exceeding that given most rapists for 'lying to congress' about a conversation had with a comedian and threatening an associate's cat is perfectly normal and should be unquestioningly accepted.
More than anything I guess that I’m endlessly amused by this response.  You hadn’t even remotely entered my brain as a member of the TS....but shall I assume you’re requesting an application?

:silly:
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline skeeter

More than anything I guess that I’m endlessly amused by this response.  You hadn’t even remotely entered my brain as a member of the TS....but shall I assume you’re requesting an application?

:silly:

Nah, I'm retired. I was just trying to get a better idea of what the devil you were talking about.

Offline skeeter

@mountaineer  I definitely agree with that....just telling Mike at dinner I hope he told Trump this before he went on ABC

Who knows. But going to ABC with his comment was probably the single best thing Barr could've done to re-establish any credibility he may have lost with the public, if any, due to rat howling.  And it really didn't hurt Trump for him to do so.

Offline EdinVA

I don't understand what all the belly button scratching is all about...
Trump NEVER said one thing negative about Barr.
The criticism was focused on the Comey appointed attorneys that the FBI used to screw the process up and no one evidently was aware how crooked these guys were.
Take breath...

Offline libertybele

There’s every indication Barr knows what he’s doing. Trump should listen to him.

Ok ...but exactly what has he done?  There has been all kinds of evidence uncovered regarding Clinton and Biden, etc., and it seems that the only people that are getting indicted and prosecuted are people who worked for or are associated with Trump. 

Was it appropriate for Barr to go on national television with this?  Perhaps it gives Barr credibility but it gives the DEMS ammunition for a 2nd impeachment.  Meanwhile ... those in the past administration remain untouched ... all courtesy of Barr.

Could it be that Trump was thinking of firing Barr and him making this announcement on national television will now make it impossible for Trump to fire him.

This is now a huge mess.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:24:16 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

Ok ...but exactly what has he done?  There has been all kinds of evidence uncovered regarding Clinton and Biden, etc., and it seems that the only people that are getting indicted and prosecuted are people who worked for or are associated with Trump. 

Was it appropriate for Barr to go on national television with this?  Perhaps it gives Barr credibility but it gives the DEMS ammunition for a 2nd impeachment.  Meanwhile ... those in the past administration remain untouched ... all courtesy of Barr.

Could it be that Trump was thinking of firing Barr and him making this announcement on national television will now make it impossible for Trump to fire him.

This is now a huge mess.
The DOJ has been tangled up in the impeachment for months so not surprised. that things don't appear to be moving.

Also Barr is a professional and wont let out what investigations are on going until he is ready.

Online corbe

Barr, the new spark, will be replaced by an old flame after his reelection ~ Nostradamus
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

BREAKING: WH @PressSec “The President wasn’t bothered by the comments..he has the right, just like any American citizen, to publicly offer his opinions. #POTUS uses social media very effectively to fight for the American people...(and) has full faith and confidence in AG Barr.”— Catherine Herridge (@CBS_Herridge) February 13, 2020