Author Topic: Barr blasts Trump's tweets on Stone case: 'Impossible for me to do my job': ABC News Exclusive  (Read 3468 times)

Offline darroll

Beg to differ. I prefer to live in a country where politically motivated prosecutions/sentences are frowned upon, regardless of how I personally feel about the prosecuted.
YES

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Beg to differ. I prefer to live in a country where politically motivated prosecutions/sentences are frowned upon, regardless of how I personally feel about the prosecuted.

If he was guilty, and he was by a jury of his peers,   why would it matter?  Let him rot there.  That is, unless you think he needs to get off since he is associated with Trump?  Which is kind of what I extrapolate from your comment.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

If he was guilty, and he was by a jury of his peers,   why would it matter?  Let him rot there.  That is, unless you think he needs to get off since he is associated with Trump?  Which is kind of what I extrapolate from your comment.

If you think there was nothing wrong with the manner in which this guy was targeted, arrested, prosecuted and sentenced then there’s no use in discussing the matter with you further. Suffice it to say I do.

Online corbe

I agree with you @catfish1957 and Manafort too, screw em, they've both been crooks for a long time. Manafort having a hand in denying Reagan the 76 nomination.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If you think there was nothing wrong with the manner in which this guy was targeted, arrested, prosecuted and sentenced then there’s no use in discussing the matter with you further. Suffice it to say I do.

I noticed you conveniently left off the term "convicted" from the other four verbs.  Go ahead and have a circle jerk with the guy, and the rest of his friends.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

I noticed you conveniently left off the term "convicted" from the other four verbs.  Go ahead and have a circle jerk with the guy, and the rest of his friends.

You seem like the one enjoying yourself.

I just want equal protection under the law.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
You seem like the one enjoying yourself.

I just want equal protection under the law.

The only thing I am enjoying is seeing someone this dense screaming "equal protection" after basically denying (3 times now) that he was convicted by a jury of his peers.  Or was that some kind of sophisticated conspriacy too?   :silly:

I call it beautiful karma for his and Pecker's slanderous bull shit during the '16 primaries.  Mofo can rot in jail all I care.

Offline skeeter

The only thing I am enjoying is seeing someone this dense screaming "equal protection" after basically denying (3 times now) that he was convicted by a jury of his peers.  Or was that some kind of sophisticated conspriacy too?   :silly:

I call it beautiful karma for his and Pecker's slanderous bull shit during the '16 primaries.  Mofo can rot in jail all I care.

You obviously need rest. Hope you feel better in the morning.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

That was a wickedly devastating post. 13859

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
       All these low character, sewage purveying, thuggish, crooked perverts like Stone, Manafort, Pecker, Cohen, et al make their way into the inner circle of our benevolent, high character, guiltless, lamb of a president. Dammit, our POTUS may just be too trusting! Too eager to believe that there may be a speck of redemption in the rotted souls of these scoundrels.

Likewise, people with otherwise sterling careers of decades-long sacrifice/conservative bonafides—so-called patriots such as like Kelly, Sessions, Bolton, Mattis, et al, suddenly lose their way and become TRAITOROUS DEEP STATE HUMAN SCUM once they become a part of our president’s inner circle.

Hate the Swamp. Hate the Deep State.
        Hate DOJ, CIA, FBI
        Hate Parnas. Love Igor.
        Hate Vindman. Hate Vindman’s twin brother
        TBD whether I Hate or Love AG Barr.
        Love everyone that POTUS loves (until he tells me not to).
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
       All these low character, sewage purveying, thuggish, crooked perverts like Stone, Manafort, Pecker, Cohen, et al make their way into the inner circle of our benevolent, high character, guiltless, lamb of a president. Dammit, our POTUS may just be too trusting! Too eager to believe that there may be a speck of redemption in the rotted souls of these scoundrels.

The hard core crazed Trump supporters are not doing themselves or their cause any favors, by defending the likes of Stone and Manafort.

Any pardons of these two will constitute and scream complicity into the dirty dealings as far as I am concerned.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The hard core crazed Trump supporters are not doing themselves or their cause any favors, by defending the likes of Stone and Manafort.

Any pardons of these two will constitute and scream complicity into the dirty dealings as far as I am concerned.

And so far as I know, no one is doing that!  Some ARE defending the RULE OF LAW, however!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

If they violated the law, then they should be punished. But asserting that their punishment should be just and actually fit the crime is not "crazed."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

And so far as I know, no one is doing that!  Some ARE defending the RULE OF LAW, however!

Again we have members flailing away in righteous indignation against arguments no one is making.

Happens alot here but it never ceases to amaze me.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:58:24 pm by skeeter »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Pay particular attention to what Powell says at the end!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 03:20:02 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
“There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know.”

John Heywood

@skeeter

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Just in case anyone here is wondering, The President literally cannot “interfere with” the DOJ. He is the constitutional authority responsible for supervising everything it does and every case it handles.

Article II, Section 3, Clause 5, United States Constitution

"he shall take care that the laws are faithfully executed, and shall commission all the officers of the United States."

End of story!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

Just in case anyone here is wondering, The President literally cannot “interfere with” the DOJ. He is the constitutional authority responsible for supervising everything it does and every case it handles.

Article II, Section 3, Clause 5, United States Constitution

End of story!

Well, I don't have a whole lot of confidence that this president is all that respecting of the Constitution -- possibly because he's not necessarily familiar with its provisions.  He seems to think he can do whatever he wants, and that's part of the fallout from his acquittal in the impeachment farce.  Now he seems to think he's invincible. 

Offline skeeter

Well, I don't have a whole lot of confidence that this president is all that respecting of the Constitution -- possibly because he's not necessarily familiar with its provisions.  He seems to think he can do whatever he wants, and that's part of the fallout from his acquittal in the impeachment farce.  Now he seems to think he's invincible.

Proof? Or is this just how you feel?

Offline Applewood

Proof? Or is this just how you feel?

Opinion based on some past behavior. 

Offline skeeter

Opinion based on some past behavior.

I'd still be interested in hearing what particular behavior influenced your opinion.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Roscoe B Davis🎖⭐️⭐️⭐️ replied
David ShoelessJoe🇺🇸
@yohiobaseball
@TheLastRefuge2
 Tell me the fix isn’t in when Peter Strzok gets corrupt judge Amy Bergman Jackson to handle his wrongful termination lawsuit. Justice is dead and our Judicial system seems beyond repair
Peter Strzok lawsuit assigned to Judge Amy Berman Jackson, veteran of
The federal judge who has handled most of the high-profile cases that came out of the Mueller probe will also oversee anti-Trump FBI agent Peter Strzok's wrongful termination lawsuit, according to a c
m.washingtontimes.com
2:53 PM · Feb 15, 2020·Twitter Web App
 Retweets
@RoscoeBDavis1
·
54m
Replying to
@yohiobaseball
 and
@TheLastRefuge2
Have to admit that’s really suspicious out of 14 District Judges in DC Berman Jackson gets assigned all the Mueller related cases.

Sounds like a district clerk is thumbing the wheel.

This is why the Judicial Branch need IGs.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/7/peter-strzok-lawsuit-assigned-judge-amy-berman-jac/

@skeeter how in the hell can this happen?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 12:16:31 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Follow the money

That is true @EdinVA but this is more than that IMHO!

The Rats have very carefully built that DC Circuit for just this purpose.

- J. R. R. Tolkien