Author Topic: Will Leonardo, Van Gogh or Warhol Survive the Art History Purge at Yale?  (Read 344 times)

rangerrebew

Will Leonardo, Van Gogh or Warhol Survive the Art History Purge at Yale?

By editor January 27, 2020

Yale is ending the teaching of one of its most storied courses—a survey of Western Art history from the Renaissance to the present. The Yale Daily News called the action a result of the latest student uneasiness over an idealized Western “canon” a product of an overwhelmingly white, straight, European and male cadre of artists.”

This spring, the final rendition of the course will seek to question the idea of Western art itself — a marked difference from the course’s focus at its inception.

Art history department chair and the course’s instructor Tim Barringer told the News that he plans to demonstrate that a class about the history of art does not just mean Western art.

https://www.mindingthecampus.org/2020/01/27/will-leonardo-van-gogh-or-warhol-survive-the-art-history-purge-at-yale/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Will Leonardo, Van Gogh or Warhol Survive the Art History Purge at Yale?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 03:57:35 pm »
Will Leonardo, Van Gogh or Warhol Survive the Art History Purge at Yale?

By editor January 27, 2020

Yale is ending the teaching of one of its most storied courses—a survey of Western Art history from the Renaissance to the present. The Yale Daily News called the action a result of the latest student uneasiness over an idealized Western “canon” a product of an overwhelmingly white, straight, European and male cadre of artists.”

This spring, the final rendition of the course will seek to question the idea of Western art itself — a marked difference from the course’s focus at its inception.

Art history department chair and the course’s instructor Tim Barringer told the News that he plans to demonstrate that a class about the history of art does not just mean Western art.

https://www.mindingthecampus.org/2020/01/27/will-leonardo-van-gogh-or-warhol-survive-the-art-history-purge-at-yale/

Good.  Then sell the museum collection at 10 cents on the dollar.  I'll give you my name to call. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.