Author Topic: Foreperson In Roger Stone Trial Had History Of Anti-Trump Social Media Posts  (Read 1025 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 13th, 2020
Foreperson In Roger Stone Trial Had History Of Anti-Trump Social Media Posts
By  Hank Berrien
DailyWire.com

On Wednesday, the foreperson on the jury that convicted Roger Stone revealed who she was, and evidence surfaced that she is a political activist who has ripped President Trump on social media, participated in anti-Trump rallies, and run unsuccessfully as a Democrat for Congress in 2012.

According to The Daily Mail, Tomeka Hart, a board member of the Shelby County Schools in Tennessee who served as board president in 2008-2009, wrote on Facebook to defend the four prosecutors who withdrew after the DOJ recommended that the sentence for Stone, who was convicted on seven counts of lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstruction of justice, be lightened. She stated:

As foreperson, I made sure we went through every element, of every charge, matching the evidence presented in the case that led us to return a conviction of guilty on all 7 counts … I have kept my silence for months. Initially, it was for my safety. Then, I decided to remain silent out of fear of politicizing the matter … But I can’t keep quiet any longer. I want to stand up for Aaron Zelinsky, Adam Jed, Michael Marando, and Jonathan Kravis – the prosecutors on the Roger Stone trial … It pains me to see the DOJ now interfere with the hard work of the prosecutors. They acted with the utmost intelligence, integrity, and respect for our system of justice. For that, I wanted to speak up for them and ask you to join me in thanking them for their service.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/foreperson-in-roger-stone-trial-had-history-of-anti-trump-social-media-posts
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lead Juror In Roger Stone Case Ran For Congress As A Democrat In 2012
https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/12/roger-stone-jury-foreperson-democrat/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shock: Stone Head Juror Who ‘Broke Silence’ to Defend Prosecutors Is Far-Left Activist Who Tweeted About the Case
https://amgreatness.com/2020/02/12/shock-stone-head-juror-who-broke-silence-to-defend-prosecutors-is-far-left-activist-who-tweeted-about-the-case/
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So...she committed Perjury when she lied in the voir dire.  The part about, "Is there any reason you cannot judge impartially?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So...she committed Perjury when she lied in the voir dire.  The part about, "Is there any reason you cannot judge impartially?"

:yowsa: You are on a roll today @Cyber Liberty
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Stone's (rejected) motion for a new trial here:  https://www.usatoday.com/documents/6774903-Order/

From the motion:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:16:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stone needs a new trial or this verdict should be thrown out

Donald Trump leaps on revelations that Roger Stone jury foreperson ran for Congress as a Democrat and blasted 'racists in the White House' and says 'not looking good for the 'Justice' Department'

Tomeka Hart revealed on Wednesday that she was foreperson on Stone jury
    Hart unsuccessfully ran for Congress in Tennessee as a Democrat in 2012
    She is also a former Memphis City Schools Board President
    Her social media shows a long history of anti-Trump comments
    She called Trump supporters racists and tweeted about Stone case before trial
    Trump earlier attacked prosecutors who sought a sentence of up to nine years
    Trump also blasted Judge Amy Berman Jackson
    Trump tweeted that it 'looks like' the foreperson 'had significant bias'
    Justice Department turned around sentence recommendation following Trump Twitter blast

By Geoff Earle, Deputy U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com and Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:18 EST, 13 February 2020 | Updated: 10:21 EST, 13 February 2020

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8000431/Donald-Trump-leaps-revelations-Roger-Stone-jury-foreperson-ran-Congress-Democrat.html
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Stone needs a new trial or this verdict should be thrown out

There is no question in my mind about that.  I have no earthly idea how the motion was denied given that fact.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

If lying to Congress is a crime, then why aren't Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Susan Rice, James Comey, and Adam Schiff behind bars?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If lying to Congress is a crime, then why aren't Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Susan Rice, James Comey, and Adam Schiff behind bars?

:shrug:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The act of Perjury before Congress rarely get prosecuted, but Perjury before a Felony trial Judge is another matter entirely.  This Jury Foreman is caught red-handed.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here’s What The Lead Roger Stone Juror Said During Jury Selection

Chuck Ross
Investigative Reporter
February 13, 2020 11:58 AM ET
Font Size:

A former Democratic congressional candidate revealed Wednesday that she was the foreperson on the jury that convicted Roger Stone.
    Tomeka Hart said during the jury selection process that she did not “pay that close attention” to developments in the Russia investigation. She also said that Stone’s links to President Donald Trump would “absolutely not” affect her views at trial.
    But Hart’s social media posts show that she was closely tuned in to the Russia probe and that she considered Trump and his supporters to be racist.

When Tomeka Hart was interviewed during the jury selection process as part of the Roger Stone trial, the former Democratic congressional candidate said she was generally aware of developments in the Russia investigation, but that she didn’t “pay that close attention” to the probe.

She also insisted that Stone’s affiliation with President Donald Trump would “absolutely not” color her views of the longtime Trump confidante, according to a copy of a court transcript obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

But Hart’s social media record, which emerged Wednesday after she came forward as the foreperson on Stone’s jury, paints a different picture.

Hart’s Twitter account shows that she tweeted frequently about developments in the special counsel’s investigation, typically stories that were negative for Trump. She was also intensely critical of Trump and his followers.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/13/roger-stone-jury-selection/

She lied during voir dire...now what?
Support the USO

Offline thackney

Supreme Court Holds Juror’s Alleged Lies During Voir Dire Not Grounds for New Trial
https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2015/jul/7/supreme-court-holds-jurors-alleged-lies-during-voir-dire-not-grounds-new-trial/
JULY 7, 2015

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Supreme Court Holds Juror’s Alleged Lies During Voir Dire Not Grounds for New Trial
https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2015/jul/7/supreme-court-holds-jurors-alleged-lies-during-voir-dire-not-grounds-new-trial/
JULY 7, 2015

FTA:

According to the high court, “[t]he question presented in this case is whether Rule 606(b) precludes a party seeking a new trial from using one juror’s affidavit of what another juror said in deliberations to demonstrate the other juror’s dishonesty during voir dire. We hold that it does.”

It can be argued the two cases are not analogous because that case involved something a Juror said about another Juror.  This is a case where the Juror's own actions and utterances lead to the possible Motion for Retrial.  And, it does not preclude Prosecutors from charging her with Perjury in a separate case.

A retrial is not likely, as noted above, because a Judge already considered the Juror's bias and decided it's not material.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
FTA:

It can be argued the two cases are not analogous because that case involved something a Juror said about another Juror.  This is a case where the Juror's own actions and utterances lead to the possible Motion for Retrial.  And, it does not preclude Prosecutors from charging her with Perjury in a separate case.

100% agree!

A retrial is not likely, as noted above, because a Judge already considered the Juror's bias and decided it's not material.

Not so sure about that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
100% agree!

Not so sure about that.

Stone's Attorneys have the added burden of requesting a Judge to overturn his/her own prior decision.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Stone's Attorneys have the added burden of requesting a Judge to overturn his/her own prior decision.

I'm not at all sure that this particular judge is not guilty of judicial misconduct in the Stone case but don't have the time to provide the links right now.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

This woman should be sentenced to 9 years in prison for lying in federal court.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
It should be left to Stones lawyers.  Trump should stay out of it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

So you think this Foreman committed Perjury?  Should she be prosecuted?  If so, by whom?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

Stone's lawyers are not empowered to make this woman a criminal defendant.  She lied under oath in a court of law for the privilege of condemning Roger Stone for lying to Congress.  The irony, while remarkable, is also commonplace when it comes to liberals.  As a general rule, they are typically guilty of doing the same acts that they accuse others of committing.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So you think this Foreman committed Perjury?  Should she be prosecuted?  If so, by whom?

I'm not the person you addressed this to but I'll answer anyway.  IMHO what this woman did is FAR worse then what the defendant allegedly did!

- J. R. R. Tolkien