Author Topic: Ayanna Pressley: ‘American Constitution Is Sexist By Its Very Design,’ Women ‘Still Shackled’  (Read 343 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 12th, 2020
Ayanna Pressley: ‘American Constitution Is Sexist By Its Very Design,’ Women ‘Still Shackled’
By  Daily Wire News

Far-left Democratic Representative Ayanna Pressley (MA) declared on the floor of the House of Representatives on Wednesday that women are “still shackled” and not “free” in the United States because the U.S. Constitution is “sexist by its very design.”

“The year is 2020 and here we women are still in so many ways not fully free, still shackled,” Pressley said. “Women are strong, hardworking, bright, and resilient. We are the backbones of our families, our communities, and our democracy. We do not live in checked boxes; we live in an intersectionality of lived experiences and identities. Our issues are everyone’s issues because our destinies are all tied.”

Pressley continued by promoting the myth of the gender pay gap, saying, “In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, women are paid 83 cents for every dollar paid to a man, but nationally, women are paid only 80 cents for every dollar a man is paid. Even worse, the modern day wage gap disproportionately impacts women of color with black women earning 61 cents, Native women earning 58 cents, Latin X women earning only 53 cents, and [Asian American and Pacific Islander] women making as little as 50 cents per dollar paid to a white man.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/ayanna-pressley-american-constitution-is-sexist-by-its-very-design-women-still-shackled
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I guess she didn't make it down to the 19th Amendment...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

Yes, Ayanna Pressley, women occupied (there’s a word for you) different social roles in pre-industrialized America.

Can’t handle the truth? That’s okay, I understand. Democrats are renowned for delusional ideation.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yes, Ayanna Pressley, women occupied (there’s a word for you) different social roles in pre-industrialized America.

Can’t handle the truth? That’s okay, I understand. Democrats are renowned for delusional ideation.
Geez, left out the "free, white, male, 21, and a property owner" bit for the vote. Things have changed a mite, the participation level has been increased.

However, the basics of government are based on principle and a firm grasp of human nature, and properly applied, those still apply (despite Democrats trying to outlaw human nature, too).   

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I am tired of hearing this lying bullsh*t nonsense.  Women constitute the majority of the workforce today, and I have never personally known a woman getting paid less than a man doing the same work.  The fact is, men are the ones being held down today.

But suffice to say, if our federal government would just stop betraying the USA citizenry, we would have better paying jobs for hundreds of thousands of our citizens.  As long as the H1-b Visa Program remains in existence, something Trump promised to eliminate Day One of his presidency, yet miserably failed to do, American workers will continue to be cheated of jobs.  In fact, after meeting with the tech folks of power, he decided to increase the raping and pillaging of the American worker by increasing the number of H1-b Visa numbers.   This single failure could cost him his re-election, for I know a number of folks in the systems realm still burning over this betrayal.  I figure this failure will cost him 500,000 votes, which includes workers being displaced and their family members.  In a state like Florida, where the election will be close, this could be the very policy that loses the state for Trump.  Disney alone displaced thousands of tech workers for low cost foreign workers, even make the people being displaced train the people replacing them.  Treachery at its finest.

Offline Night Hides Not

...or a driver's test.   :rolling:

She's a big fan of mass transit, as she has never driven an automobile.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online mountaineer

I  don't feel shackled, except maybe by gun control laws.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

I  don't feel shackled, except maybe by gun control laws.
Those chains lay upon us all, truly independent of all the categories the Leftists would pigeonhole us under and set at odds with each other.

C S Lewis