Author Topic: Texas oilman and former GOP gubernatorial candidate Clayton Williams dies at 88  (Read 535 times)

Online corbe

Texas oilman and former GOP gubernatorial candidate Clayton Williams dies at 88

By Marty Johnson - 02/16/20 09:23 AM EST

Texas oilman, philanthropist and one-time gubernatorial candidate Clayton Williams died Friday at the age of 88.

Williams died at his home in Midland, Texas, after a battle with pneumonia, his nephew Clay Pollard told the Associated Press.

An alumnus of Texas A&M University, Williams gave millions of dollars to the school over the years, and the school’s alumni center is named after him.
He was also remembered by others in the Texas community as a "generous benefactor," according to the wire service.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/483265-texas-oilman-and-former-gubernatorial-candidate-dies-at-88
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rest In Peace. Is it thought he blew that election to Ann Richards? I remember that election.  That remark about the weather. I'm not sure if that was a big turnoff to voters.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

He had some of the characteristics as Trump - successful businessman and told it they way it was without the PC crap, although quite a bit more crudely than DT.

Went to a business meeting with him once and I lost count how many times he swore.  His jokes were amusing too.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Rest In Peace. Is it thought he blew that election to Ann Richards? I remember that election.  That remark about the weather. I'm not sure if that was a big turnoff to voters.

I was here at the time and I'm sure joking about rape was a large turnoff and the deciding factor.

Also many people realized anyone stupid enough to make that joke in front of a bunch of reporters was really stupid.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/02/15/clayton-williams-oilman-and-colorful-candidate-texas-governor-dies/

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Texas oilman and former GOP gubernatorial candidate Clayton Williams dies at 88

RIP, but sure didn't appreciate his unleashing of Ann Richards on our state.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
... I don't want to go all "Mandela Effect" or anything, but I honestly thought that he had died a couple of years ago.  :shrug:
Let it burn.