Author Topic: Trump Admin Delays Funding for Rep. Granger’s Project, Requires Study  (Read 468 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard By Robert Montoya and Ross Kecseg February 11, 2020

The Trump administration denied a $38 million funding request for Kay Granger’s real estate project, instead funding a feasibility study that the congresswoman has repeatedly resisted.

As the March Republican primary approaches, President Donald Trump’s administration dropped a bombshell on Monday. Panther Island—the controversial pet project of U.S. Rep. Kay Granger (R–Fort Worth)—will not receive any federal funding this year. Instead, only $1.5 million will be released for a feasibility study that Granger and her son have fought against out of fear that it would kill the project.

Granger has been overhead on the campaign trail misleading constituents by claiming a flood study to prove the project’s merit had been completed. In fact, last week she repeated the false claim directly to Texas Scorecard when asked if the study was done and where it resided:

“Of course there has,” Granger insisted. “I’m sure the water district has it. The Corps of Engineers did that. … They can’t do [the project] without a study. The Corps of Engineers said you’ve got a flood control problem. You can’t maintain the floods, and so, the city [of Fort Worth asked], ‘What do we do?’ And so, I think it was a seven-year study, and they came back and said, ‘Here’s what you do.’”

Questions now surround the strength of President Trump’s endorsement of the Fort Worth congresswoman—as well as her waning influence in Congress—after the administration delayed funding and is requiring a study Granger has fought hard to avoid.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/metroplex/trump-admin-delays-funding-for-rep-grangers-project-requires-study/

Offline thackney

The Army Corps of Engineers Central City Project provides needed flood protection for Fort Worth by rerouting a section of the Trinity River. In the same location, using local funding, the City of Fort Worth’s Comprehensive Plan will create an exciting, pedestrian oriented, urban waterfront district called Panther Island.

https://pantherislandcc.com/panther-island/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Rep. Granger Falsely Claims $1.2B Project Underwent Study Required for Federal Funds

https://texasscorecard.com/local/rep-granger-falsely-claims-1-2b-project-underwent-study-required-for-federal-funds/

Granger’s $1.2 billion plan seeks to reroute the Trinity River via a bypass channel—and redevelop Fort Worth real estate—all under the guise of “flood control.” It launched in 2006 with Granger’s support as a ranking member of the powerful House Appropriations Committee. Her unqualified son, attorney J.D. Granger, was hired to oversee the project.

Granger’s son remains employed as executive director at a $250,000 annual cost to taxpayers, despite the troubled project running $800 million over budget.

For 13 years, the congresswoman has worked—mostly unsuccessfully—to funnel hundreds of millions in federal tax dollars to the scheme. But with problems mounting, and Granger facing a primary challenge from conservative businessman Chris Putnam, it’s attracting more scrutiny than ever before.

In addition to Panther Island’s mismanagement and nepotism, its core problem is that it’s unnecessary and shouldn’t be receiving any taxpayer funding. Critics have long claimed no flood risk exists along the Trinity River in Fort Worth, and the fact that a flood study was never done all but proves they’re correct.

More at link.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Remind me again why federal funds should be used for a project wholly within the state boundaries?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Remind me again why federal funds should be used for a project wholly within the state boundaries?

:amen: :amen: :amen: :amen:
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords