Author Topic: Arizona’s ‘Assault Weapon’ Ban Bill Is A Doozy  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Arizona’s ‘Assault Weapon’ Ban Bill Is A Doozy
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2020, 10:32:33 pm »
I have found that on this forum I learn quite a bit more, by sitting and listening to the really smart people.
Me, too. Everyone knows more about something than I do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2020, 11:26:42 pm »
They sacrificed accuracy for throw weight .  That thing lobbed a ~15 Kiloton nuke in the Nevada desert.

I actually saw the Atomic Annie (M65 atomic cannon) that lobbed the nuke in Nevada.  It's on display at the Artillery Museum at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma.  The Drill Sergeants took us over there on a Sunday for a little artillery knowledge.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2020, 11:30:52 pm »

I actually saw the Atomic Annie (M65 atomic cannon) that lobbed the nuke in Nevada.  It's on display at the Artillery Museum at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma.  The Drill Sergeants took us over there on a Sunday for a little artillery knowledge.

Upshot Knothole, shot Grable.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2020, 12:17:37 am »
Upshot Knothole, shot Grable.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

It was really a sight to see.  Only 20 were made.  I talked to a couple guys that were part of the AA crews.  It was quite an operation to keep them moving around in Europe.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2020, 12:19:16 am »
Back to the Assault Weapons Ban being proposed in Arizona...this is exactly why I'm looking at getting a 30-30 instead of one of those scary black rifles.

And IF I do go the 5.56/.223 route it's gonna be a Mini 14.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2020, 12:27:32 am »
Back to the Assault Weapons Ban being proposed in Arizona...this is exactly why I'm looking at getting a 30-30 instead of one of those scary black rifles.

Get both, why take a chance?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2020, 12:47:30 am »
Get both, why take a chance?

That will depend on my Chief Financial Officer giving me the thumbs up LOL!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2020, 12:58:21 am »

The Mini is a good rifle.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2020, 01:02:30 am »
22 Caliber is Not 22 inch Bore. Caliber in large guns defines the ratio between bore and barrel length.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliber_(artillery)

Barrel length

The length of the barrel (especially for larger guns) is often quoted in calibers. For example, US Naval Rifles 3 in (76 mm) or larger.[2] The effective length of the barrel (from breech to muzzle) is divided by the barrel diameter to give a dimensionless quantity.[2]:81 As an example, the main guns of the Iowa-class battleships can be referred to as 16"/50 caliber. They are 16 inches in diameter and the barrel is 800 inches long (16 × 50 = 800). This is also sometimes indicated using the prefix /L; so for example, the most common gun for the Panzer V tank is described as a "75 mm /L70," meaning a barrel with an internal bore of 75 mm, and 5,250 mm long (17 ft 2.69 in).

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2020, 01:10:52 am »

At least they used a cannon. I had a coworker that was trained to deploy SADM backpack nuke.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2020, 01:11:58 am »
The Mini is a good rifle.

I goggled that.  Ruger made a sweet ride.
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2020, 01:25:03 am »
My uncle has two Mini's. I think. Depends on if he remembers where he buried them.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2020, 01:35:51 am »
I'd love to have not the Mini, but the full sizer, but they are just too pricey. I do have two Garands, the predecessor though.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2020, 01:48:26 am »
Hate to get back on subject, but almost all my 22 rifles would be outlawed.... Heck I have fixed tube 22s that are older than 50 y/o with more than 10 capacity.

This is BS folks... and I don't care what they decide to pass, I wouldn't comply with it... 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2020, 01:49:56 am »
I'd love to have not the Mini, but the full sizer, but they are just too pricey. I do have two Garands, the predecessor though.
M1A (Semi-auto M-14 style) is nice, but in full furniture weighs in at roughly 13 lbs, loaded. You can pack a lot of .223 for the weight difference. Lighter versions exist.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2020, 01:56:53 am »
M1A (Semi-auto M-14 style) is nice, but in full furniture weighs in at roughly 13 lbs, loaded. You can pack a lot of .223 for the weight difference. Lighter versions exist.

When I first got my Springfield St. Edge, I was struck by how bloody light the thing is.  My .22 rifle weighs more.
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2020, 01:59:13 am »
Hate to get back on subject, but almost all my 22 rifles would be outlawed.... Heck I have fixed tube 22s that are older than 50 y/o with more than 10 capacity.

This is BS folks... and I don't care what they decide to pass, I wouldn't comply with it...

I wouldn't either.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2020, 02:06:39 am »
When I first got my Springfield St. Edge, I was struck by how bloody light the thing is.  My .22 rifle weighs more.
Those came out after I got the M1A in full walnut with the USMC style fiberglass upper handguard. It's heavy. Then Col. Cooper got the whole thing headed in the direction of a scout rifle, and the furniture got much lighter.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2020, 02:07:25 am »

I personally prefer bolt action medium caliber rifles with bedded actions,good stocks,and a sweet trigger. You can take one of those and end up owning all the "black rifles" you want.

Then again,there is nothing wrong with a good metric FN-FAL,either.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2020, 02:16:28 am »
At least they used a cannon. I had a coworker that was trained to deploy SADM backpack nuke.

@Elderberry

It's really hard to wrap your mind around how many of these guys were around,and nobody really knew much about it back then. Even friends and sometimes teammates of the guys.

I'm betting there was at least one of those guys that really did think they could set the time for enough time for them to clear the blast area,too.

Maybe I'm a little paranoid,but I just don't see the goofs in charge of that program giving the Soviets the opportunity to catch those guys and interrogate them in time to find and disarm them. That's the type of business where no mistakes can be tolerated.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2020, 02:20:08 am »

@Elderberry

LOL! You already have two rifles superior to the M1A in every respect other than fast reloads. 

I am also a huge fan of the 03 Springfield,too. Almost impossible to find a nice original one anymore,and if you do,you probably can't afford it. I had a couple of nice ones in days past,but came on hard times and had to sell them.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2020, 02:24:17 am »

13lbs is pretty hvy. My son's SCAR Heavy is listed as 8lbs empty. and my MAS 49/56 as 9lbs empty. My 6.5 Grendel AR with its 24" bbl is heavier than all of them. Weight is just one of the design variables.   People laugh at the French, but I am totally satisfied with my MAS 49/56 and its 7.5x54 ammo. It comes with 10 round mags, but I have some 25 round machine gun mags for it. I have no idea the weight of my M1-Carbine with its composite folding stock. That's my go-to carbine.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2020, 02:37:00 am »
@Elderberry

LOL! You already have two rifles superior to the M1A in every respect other than fast reloads. 

I am also a huge fan of the 03 Springfield,too. Almost impossible to find a nice original one anymore,and if you do,you probably can't afford it. I had a couple of nice ones in days past,but came on hard times and had to sell them.

@sneakypete

Me and my 2 sons are total fans of the Garand. My youngest started out with the Garand and on his 18th birthday had to rush out and get him a bolt action 30-06. I half filled his closet with surplus de-linked MG ammo. I also have a fair supply of M2-AP. My oldest was constantly taking a Garand out to show his Navy buds what it was all about. Everyone likes to shoot them. I need to get a couple more.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2020, 03:12:09 am »
I have no idea the weight of my M1-Carbine with its composite folding stock. That's my go-to carbine.

@Elderberry

EVERYBODY loves the little M-1 and M-2 carbines. Really handy little guns,but they don't have much take down power unless you make a head shot. I knew a Major who was shaving in the latrine one night,and one of the VN strikers came in and shot him in the back 4 times with a M-1 carbine,and the Major strangled him to death and walked to the dispensary to be treated. Granted,he needed emergency care to survive and was a sick puppy for a couple of weeks,but he did survive and went right back on duty again. Didn't even get medevacked.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2020, 03:21:45 am »
@sneakypete

Me and my 2 sons are total fans of the Garand. My youngest started out with the Garand and on his 18th birthday had to rush out and get him a bolt action 30-06. I half filled his closet with surplus de-linked MG ammo. I also have a fair supply of M2-AP. My oldest was constantly taking a Garand out to show his Navy buds what it was all about. Everyone likes to shoot them. I need to get a couple more.

@Elderberry

The old Garand is one sweet piece of work. THE best battle rifle of WW-2 and the Korean War era,and the government should have just modified them to 308 and magazine fed instead of adopting the M-14. If you could see it and were a average good shot,you could hit it with a Garand.

I reluctantly have to say the FN-FAL takes the title of best battle rifle ever,mostly because it is insanely reliable,and has an adjustable gas system so you can tune it to work with any ammo you shoot in it. Yeah,it's a little heavy,but I can guarantee you that the first time you hear a bullet pop as it goes past your ear,you will think it is as light as a feather and has no recoil at all.

I am still stunned that maybe 15 years ago you could buy a demilled FN-FAL parts kit,buy a new semi-auto receiver,and have a functioning 308 Main Battle Rifle for just a few hundred bucks if you knew how to put one together,or someone who did. The best of the bunch were the Israeli versions because all of them came with heavy barrels to be used as squad automatic weapons,and it wasn't unusual at all to get one in that looked to be unfired.

They were all demilled by cutting the receivers in  half,but whoever demilled them always took the bolts out before cutting them in half in the magazine area. A new semi-auto receiver and you were in business.