Author Topic: Arizona’s ‘Assault Weapon’ Ban Bill Is A Doozy  (Read 3089 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Arizona Democrats have filed yet another “assault weapon” ban bill. This one is Senate Bill 1625. At first glance, with two notable stand-outs, it’s pretty much par for the gun-grabbing course; a ban on assaulty-looking guns with grandfathering.

But the first notable item is just how inclusive this bill is. All semiautomatic rifles that take detachable magazines would become “assault weapons.” And almost all rifles with fixed magazines of greater than 10-round capacity; that includes your .22LR plinker.

That latter part is because of the second notable aspect of the bill; the ban on “large capacity” magazines and the definition of such.

3. “Large capacity magazine” means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds but does not include any of the following:

(a) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds.

(b) A twenty-two caliber tube ammunition feeding device.

(c) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever action firearm.
(emphasis added)

There’s a world of difference between .22 inches and twenty-two inches; 21.78 inches, to be precise, but Democrats appear to be incapable of precision.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/arizonas-assault-weapon-ban-bill-is-a-doozy/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Arizona’s ‘Assault Weapon’ Ban Bill Is A Doozy
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 10:03:26 am »
@Cyber Liberty
Ok guys, none of these under your pillow:

(actually, that is only about half that 22 inch bore)
(Not to make too much light of a grim subject, but why this, why now, unless the Soros minions are up to something? Maybe for November?)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:19:41 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 02:13:38 pm »
More on this story in the AZ Cat:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,391382.0.html

(Mods:  Please don't merge these stories.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 03:14:41 pm »

(Not to make too much light of a grim subject, but why this, why now, unless the Soros minions are up to something? Maybe for November?)

@Smokin Joe

I don't know about any of the rest of you,but I have denied trying to conceal one of those in my pants several times.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 03:17:15 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I don't know about any of the rest of you,but I have denied trying to conceal one of those in my pants several times.
You must wear baggier pants than me. I can't slip a small rifle in mine.... :laugh:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 03:26:34 pm »

Well, I always did want to have an "Atomic Annie." :cool:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 03:28:12 pm »
Well, I always did want to have an "Atomic Annie." :cool:
Just have to settle with a "Davy Crockett".

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 03:59:07 pm »
Just have to settle with a "Davy Crockett".

@Cyber Liberty   @Smokin Joe

Either way,all you would have to do to get them to cut down on the party noises is to just start to lower the barrel while mumbling about "canister rounds". No more knocking on the door and politely asking,and being ignored.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 04:21:22 pm »
@Cyber Liberty   @Smokin Joe

Either way,all you would have to do to get them to cut down on the party noises is to just start to lower the barrel while mumbling about "canister rounds". No more knocking on the door and politely asking,and being ignored.
If your neighbors are at a suitable distance to employ the device, chances are the party won't bug you too much as long as they stay there.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 04:43:06 pm »
If your neighbors are at a suitable distance to employ the device, chances are the party won't bug you too much as long as they stay there.

And this is why I bought a Castle when I retired, and moved there.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 05:47:05 pm »

@Smokin Joe

You are just one of those people who can't stand the mere thought that someone wants to have a little fun,are you?

You must not have ever blown anything up.

Offline DB

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 05:58:38 pm »

That thing looks like the rails have to go in the direction you want to fire in. How useful can that be?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 06:00:50 pm »
@Smokin Joe

You are just one of those people who can't stand the mere thought that someone wants to have a little fun,are you?

Nothing to speak of...888mouth
And that's all I have to say about that. :laugh:

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2020, 06:09:01 pm »
That thing looks like the rails have to go in the direction you want to fire in. How useful can that be?

They sacrificed accuracy for throw weight .  That thing lobbed a ~15 Kiloton nuke in the Nevada desert.
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 06:22:47 pm »
@Smokin Joe
Fortunately Vergette and I never had children,so there is no fear of any of them finding out about my misspent youth. Sadly I can't say the same about some of my more industrious advanced students. One of them made some home made thermite 2 years ago. almost burned down the family tool shed.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 06:36:27 pm »
With the railroad guns, often tracks were laid specifically to bring the guns to bear. 
The Leopold (in the image already posted) was the little cousin of the really big guns.
The German Schwerer Gustav gun was used to break the Soviet hold on Sevastopol and end resistance.

Special tracks were laid by a crew of over 3,000, and the gun positioned using those.
Forty seven rounds were fired at eight major targets in the area. cyclic rate of fire: about 1 round every 45 minutes.
Here's the wiki page, if you want to know more:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerer_Gustav
The shells, 800 mm in diameter (over 32 inches), are the largest ever fired out of a rifled weapon in combat.

The armor piercing round weighed 15,620 lbs. The effects were devastating, to say the least. Range was just under 22 miles. (By comparison, the Leopold railway gun shown in the image in a previous post, only had shells a bit over 11 inches in diameter)

While we might pooh-pooh the concept today, recall one of Saddam Hussein's WMD projects was a "Supergun", a 1000mm tube to allegedly be used to launch satellites, but more likely, to shell Israel. Gerald Bull, the consultant and a leading artillery expert woke up dead in the morning over this, and the gun tube segments were confiscated before they could all be shipped (the WMD that Time (and the NYT, and WaPo, etc.) forgot. Known as "Big Babylon", it was part of the Babylon Project, a series of "superguns". the Iraqi government was developing. Even the US explored the use of superguns, ostensibly to launch Low Earth Orbit Satellites. https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/project-harp-space-gun-barbados and some research continues...https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/10/article/is-us-army-supergun-just-deja-vu-all-over-again/

At least the German WWII models were rail mobile.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 06:37:16 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2020, 08:28:04 pm »

Nothing to speak of...888mouth
And that's all I have to say about that. :laugh:

@Smokin Joe

Good choice!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2020, 08:33:45 pm »
Gerald Bull, the consultant and a leading artillery expert woke up dead in the morning over this, and the gun tube segments were confiscated before they could all be shipped (the WMD that Time (and the NYT, and WaPo, etc.) forgot.

Thanks for mentioning Bull. I was planning on mentioning him in a reply if I could remember his name.

And,truth to tell,I truly don't  understand why "super guns" like that wouldn't
be a more effecient way of launching small sattellites into orbit.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2020, 08:50:02 pm »

Thanks for mentioning Bull. I was planning on mentioning him in a reply if I could remember his name.

And,truth to tell,I truly don't  understand why "super guns" like that wouldn't
be a more effecient way of launching small sattellites into orbit.
Part of the problem is creating a package that could withstand the forces involved in a launch.

We (the US) looked into it, and are still doing research. It may yet come that mass drivers of one sort or another will someday launch cargo to orbit.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 10:25:51 pm »
With the railroad guns, often tracks were laid specifically to bring the guns to bear. 

Thank you for the detailed response. Those had to brutal to be around when fired.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 11:14:52 pm »
Thank you for the detailed response. Those had to brutal to be around when fired.
I would expect being too close could be fatal. The barrel length gave some measure of protection, as did elevation, but still...wow.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2020, 11:35:12 pm »
Part of the problem is creating a package that could withstand the forces involved in a launch.

We (the US) looked into it, and are still doing research. It may yet come that mass drivers of one sort or another will someday launch cargo to orbit.

The rockets they shoot them into the sky with aren't exactly marshmallows.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2020, 11:59:39 pm »
The rockets they shoot them into the sky with aren't exactly marshmallows.
Nope, but I'd bet the acceleration curves are a might less severe.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2020, 01:54:30 pm »
I have found that on this forum I learn quite a bit more, by sitting and listening to the really smart people.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.