Author Topic: Bolton on impeachment: 'My testimony would have made no difference to the ultimate outcome'  (Read 557 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bolton on impeachment: 'My testimony would have made no difference to the ultimate outcome'
By John Bowden - 02/20/20 08:34 AM EST

Former national security adviser John Bolton is downplaying the impact his testimony would've had in P resident Trump's Senate impeachment trial, saying it would've made "no difference" in the outcome.

During an event at Vanderbilt University on Wednesday, Bolton was confronted by his predecessor, former national security adviser Susan Rice, over whether he had shirked his constitutional duty by not testifying before Congress without being subpoenaed by lawmakers, according to CNN.

"I thought a lot about if I had been in that position how would I have approached it, and I'll be honest: It's inconceivable to me that if I had firsthand knowledge of gross abuse of presidential power that I would withhold my testimony from a constitutional accountability process," Rice said.

Bolton responded, countering that he never said he would reject a congressional subpoena to testify: "In no case did I say I would reject a subpoena."

Rice then fired back: "I can't imagine withholding my testimony with or without a subpoena."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/483803-bolton-on-impeachment-my-testimony-would-have-made-no-difference-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Former national security adviser John Bolton is downplaying the impact his testimony would've had in P resident Trump's Senate impeachment trial, saying it would've made "no difference" in the outcome.

I guess now that he's burned his bridges he's finding the Rats aren't to his liking.

I used to respect this guy, but his lying by ommission during the impeachment trial ended that. He could have easily told the media that he had nothing to say that would hurt President Trump. Instead, he didn't say a word and let the media spin his silence into a negative for Trump. Then surprise, surprise, the leaks about his book started coming out.

Good riddance, go away and don't come back.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home