Author Topic: Warren: We are watching a descent into authoritarianism  (Read 509 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warren: We are watching a descent into authoritarianism
« on: February 13, 2020, 03:03:00 am »
Warren: We are watching a descent into authoritarianism
By Rebecca Klar - 02/12/20 09:32 PM EST

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), a Democratic presidential candidate, said Wednesday that the country is watching a “descent into authoritarianism,” as she amped up her call for Attorney General William Barr to resign.

“I have to say, I know everybody wants to talk about the horse race,” Warren said on CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360,” on her performance in the Tuesday night New Hampshire primary, “but the thing that is really getting to me right now is what’s going on over at the Justice Department.

“The whole notion that we have people in our Justice Department resigning because of Donald Trump’s inappropriate influence, and the attorney general overturning a sentencing of Donald Trump’s cronies, right in front of our eyes we are watching a descent into authoritarianism,” she added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/482878-warren-we-are-watching-a-descent-into-authoritarianism
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Warren: We are watching a descent into authoritarianism
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 10:51:39 am »
While I am concerned by this trend from any source, iIt is the Democrats who are the standard bearers for totalitarian government. Otherwise, they wouldn't want our guns so bad.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 05:36:59 pm »
This Jack in the Box, she needs put back in the box and close the lid.  Trump has brought more freedom to Americans than the last six presidents before him combined.  She is such a goof, clown on a good day.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 05:39:22 pm »
It should be perfectly clear to everyone by now that the democrat MO is to accuse the opposition of exactly what you are already guilty of!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 05:40:50 pm »
She's right, but has the cause ass-backwards.

Authoritarians have one set of rules for themselves, which usually implies no rules, and an entirely different set for those who oppose them. Now, which side has had nonstop legal problems for the tiniest infraction, often times spending themselves into destitution defending themselves, while the other has so far skated on virtually every shady incident of proven lawbreaking?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 05:41:38 pm by skeeter »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 06:18:29 pm »
It should be perfectly clear to everyone by now that the democrat MO is to accuse the opposition of exactly what you are already guilty of!

The Left has been doing that since Methuselah was in diapers. It is the classic Audacity Strategy, and they use it because it works.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 06:23:45 pm »

The Left has been doing that since Methuselah was in diapers. It is the classic Audacity Strategy, and they use it because it works.

:yowsa: Absolutely! 

Straight out of:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:25:27 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 06:30:27 pm »
What the Rats really can't handle is Trump is trying to put an end to the abuse of our justice system. Anyone who has followed whats happened to Trump allies versus whats happened to Rats knows the justice system in this country is a mess.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 12:58:15 am »
Warren: "We are watching a descent into authoritarianism..."

Projectin' a bit, squaw Lizzy...?

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 01:32:10 am »
What I'm watching is Warren's descent into the dustbin of history, and it's one of my favorite shows.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA