Author Topic: GOP senators say Trump shouldn't weigh in on pending sentences  (Read 443 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senators say Trump shouldn't weigh in on pending sentences
« on: February 12, 2020, 11:41:12 pm »
GOP senators say Trump shouldn't weigh in on pending sentences
By Jordain Carney - 02/12/20 01:03 PM EST

Some Republican senators said on Wednesday that President Trump shouldn't weigh in on pending sentences after he publicly criticized an initial recommendation from the Department of Justice (DOJ) in the case of Roger Stone.

The comments come as senators are facing an onslaught of questions over DOJ's decision to lower its sentencing recommendation for Stone, a Trump associate, overriding front-line prosecutors.

"I don't like this chain of events where you have a ... proceeding, a sentencing, a recommended sentence, the president weighs in and all of the sudden Justice comes back, says 'change the deal.' I think most people would look at that and say 'hmm, that just doesn't look right.' And I think they're right," Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) told reporters.

Murkowski added while she didn’t “think the president should be determining what the sentences are,” she also didn’t expect that he would make the ultimate decision. Stone’s prison sentence will be decided by an Obama-appointed federal judge.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) told reporters that Trump "should not have gotten involved."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/482768-gop-senators-trump-shouldnt-weigh-in-on-pending-sentences
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: GOP senators say Trump shouldn't weigh in on pending sentences
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 11:48:29 pm »
A suggestion, then. When Susan Collins is president, then she can have the option to not get involved.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 11:55:01 pm »
I didn't care when Obama would stick his nose in stuff that he had no business doing... Like when George Michael Zimmerman killed (defended himself against) the thug black kid that attacked in Florida. It taints juries... it makes it hard to get judges that are fair. The MSM didn't care then...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 12:01:15 am »
A suggestion, then. When Susan Collins is president, then she can have the option to not get involved.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 02:17:25 am »
Murkowski and Collins.
The usual suspects.
Did Mittens chime in with his condemnation yet...?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 02:47:52 am »
Their advice is noted. 66minnie
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 03:11:35 am »
 *****rollingeyes*****

Daddy Trump to the rescue.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.