Author Topic: Eric Swalwell: Impeaching Trump over Roger Stone case not 'off the table'  (Read 708 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eric Swalwell: Impeaching Trump over Roger Stone case not 'off the table'
by Tim Pearce
 | February 12, 2020 06:23 PM

California Rep. Eric Swalwell said on Wednesday that Democrats may consider another go at removing President Trump from office, this time for the Justice Department intervening in Roger Stone’s court case.

CNN host Jake Tapper asked Swalwell whether House Democrats might consider impeaching Trump for ostensibly aiding the longtime Republican operative, who was convicted of obstruction, witness tampering, and lying to Congress last year. Prosecutors initially sought a sentence of up to nine years in prison, but the Justice Department stepped in and said it would pursue a lesser penalty for Stone.

"We’re not going to take our options off the table. We don’t wake up in the morning wanting to impeach him, you know," Swalwell said. "We want to work with him on prescription drugs, background checks, and infrastructure, but we are not going to let him just torch this democracy because he thinks that he’s been let off once and we’re not going to do something about it."

Swalwell is a vocal Trump critic who briefly ran a campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination in the 2020 election.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/eric-swalwell-impeaching-trump-over-roger-stone-case-not-off-the-table
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Eric Swalwell: Impeaching Trump over Roger Stone case not 'off the table'
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 12:47:42 am »
Another day, another impeachable offense.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 01:06:21 am »
 :yawn2:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 02:37:26 pm »
Democrat won’t rule out new Trump impeachment over Roger Stone case
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrat-wont-rule-out-new-impeachment-over-roger-stone-case
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 02:38:18 pm »
Trey Gowdy: Dems' demands for Barr resignation 'about the dumbest damn thing I've ever heard'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/trey-gowdy-bill-barr-resignation-roger-stone
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 03:16:27 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 03:20:00 pm »
Trump farting in the morning is an "impeachable" offense. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 03:31:17 pm »

Or using the wrong fork to eat his dinner salad!

**nononono*

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 03:33:11 pm »
As the combination of incestuous ties and prosecutorial misconduct is exposed, they'll be lucky to keep the table, and likely to have to eat the words on it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 03:48:27 pm »
As the combination of incestuous ties and prosecutorial misconduct is exposed, they'll be lucky to keep the table, and likely to have to eat the words on it.

You’re absolutely right. The United States attorneys in DC staged a Normandy-equivalent raid on the harmless and politically targeted Stone, and by the way invited CNN cameras to broadcast it.

It cost taxpayers probably millions to put on their show, when a simple phone call to Stone’s attorney asking him to show up downtown Tuesday at 8:00 AM and turn himself in...would have sufficed.

We are all communist now, to paraphrase a Time magazine cover.

I never thought I’d see the day.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 05:00:58 pm by aligncare »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 04:05:35 pm »
The Deep State Rats used more hardware to arrest Stone than they did to save the lives of the Benghazi Four.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 04:23:17 pm »
The Deep State Rats used more hardware to arrest Stone than they did to save the lives of the Benghazi Four.
If there had been that many in battle rattle at the Annex, there's a chance they could have held.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 05:43:10 pm »
Please do.  Go ahead and waste more months impeaching Trump a 2nd time.  Please do.  The Dems need to go away forever, and they keep this nonsense up, and I will get what I want.  Time for them to disappear and a new party emerge that is not insane, and not communist.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 07:03:34 pm »
Go for it, Swillwell!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 07:47:07 pm »

Well, he was up eating White Castle sliders and tweeting all night.  I think we can all understand that "There Has to Be a Morning After".

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 07:48:48 pm »
Eric Swalwell: Impeaching Trump over Roger Stone case not 'off the table'
by Tim Pearce
 | February 12, 2020 06:23 PM

California Rep. Eric Swalwell said on Wednesday that Democrats may consider another go at removing President Trump from office, this time for the Justice Department intervening in Roger Stone’s court case.

CNN host Jake Tapper asked Swalwell whether House Democrats might consider impeaching Trump for ostensibly aiding the longtime Republican operative, who was convicted of obstruction, witness tampering, and lying to Congress last year. Prosecutors initially sought a sentence of up to nine years in prison, but the Justice Department stepped in and said it would pursue a lesser penalty for Stone.

"We’re not going to take our options off the table. We don’t wake up in the morning wanting to impeach him, you know," Swalwell said. "We want to work with him on prescription drugs, background checks, and infrastructure, but we are not going to let him just torch this democracy because he thinks that he’s been let off once and we’re not going to do something about it."

Swalwell is a vocal Trump critic who briefly ran a campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination in the 2020 election.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/eric-swalwell-impeaching-trump-over-roger-stone-case-not-off-the-table

Martha McCallum's producers are in high alert mode trying to book him ... STAT.   

Swalwell gets more airtime on Martha's show than she does.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 07:49:35 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 07:51:03 pm »
You’re absolutely right. The United States attorneys in DC staged a Normandy-equivalent raid on the harmless and politically targeted Stone, and by the way invited CNN cameras to broadcast it.

It cost taxpayers probably millions to put on their show, when a simple phone call to Stone’s attorney asking him to show up downtown Tuesday at 8:00 AM and turn himself in...would have sufficed.

We are all communist now, to paraphrase a Time magazine cover.

I never thought I’d see the day.

Pol Pot is the new MLK.