Author Topic: Michael Bennet drops out of presidential race  (Read 710 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Michael Bennet drops out of presidential race
« on: February 12, 2020, 03:53:07 pm »
Another one down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/michael-bennet-drops-out-of-presidential-race/2020/02/11/ce6c2dea-442c-11ea-b5fc-eefa848cde99_story.html

Michael F. Bennet, the senator from Colorado and former public school superintendent, is ending his campaign for the presidency, he said.

“It’s fitting for us to end the campaign tonight,” Bennet said. “I love you, New Hampshire. Whether you knew it or not, we were having a great time together.”

Bennet did not announce support for any other candidate and hinted that the state would “see me again” in the future. But he reiterated that his party would be best served by a nominee with broad appeal and a popular agenda, focusing on expanding access to education and fighting climate change.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline thackney

Re: Michael Bennet drops out of presidential race
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 03:54:25 pm »
When I first read the headline, I thought "Who?"
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 03:57:39 pm »
I'm gonna give South Carolina a try. If I can't break out there, I'll probably drop out too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 04:03:47 pm »
Who?  When Biden and Warren drop out that is news.  These others are pretty much unknown -- who cares really?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 04:07:00 pm »
Who?  When Biden and Warren drop out that is news.  These others are pretty much unknown -- who cares really?

It's rather predictable, when the field starts at 25 candidates.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 04:17:20 pm »
I knew he was pro-Israel, anti-BDS, I had no idea he was, as this article says, a "son of a holocaust survivor":
Record at a glance: Sen. Michael Bennet’s pro-Israel history stands out in a changing Democratic Party
The son of a Holocaust survivor, he has strongly opposed BDS, and condemned Palestinian terrorism and anti-Semitism, including within his own party.
By Jackson Richman

(May 3, 2019 / JNS) U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet became the latest Democrat to enter the 2020 presidential race on Thursday morning in a video where he briefly mentions his mom and grandparents surviving the Holocaust. (She later immigrated to the United States and married a Christian. Bennet does not practice Judaism.)

Representing Colorado in the upper congressional chamber since 2009, he has usually toed the Democratic line on issues related to the U.S.-Israel relationship from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal to U.S. President Donald Trump recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital in December 2017.

Read more at: https://www.jns.org/record-at-a-glance-sen-michael-bennets-pro-israel-record-stands-out-in-a-changing-democratic-party/

So, at least, there is that. I had not heard too much of him, I'm not too aware of when he was a Senator for Colorado either.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 02:12:27 am »
Gee... I didn't even know that Mr. Bennet was IN the presidential race...  ;)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 02:28:33 am »
When I first read the headline, I thought "Who?"
Yeah, me, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis