Author Topic: Gary Sinise honored with Patriot Award from Congressional Medal of Honor Society for efforts suppor  (Read 233 times)

rangerrebew

Gary Sinise honored with Patriot Award from Congressional Medal of Honor Society for efforts supporting veterans
By Aris Folley - 02/09/20 05:04 PM EST

Actor Gary Sinise has reportedly been honored with the Patriots Award, the Congressional Medal of Honor Society’s (CMHS) highest civilian honor, for his charitable efforts supporting military service members and veterans over the years.

Sinise, who is best known for his iconic performance as Lieutenant Dan in “Forrest Gump,” was presented with the award at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Ventura County, California, according to a local NBC station.

According to the Department of Defense, the CMHS is comprised of a group of members who have received the Medal of Honor. The society presents the Patriot Award every year to “those persons, who through their life’s work, have distinguished themselves as Americans who are dedicated to freedom and the ideals represented,” the department states.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/482253-gary-sinise-honored-with-patriot-award-from-congressional-medal

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Very well deserved.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

A very good man.