Author Topic: The Dirty Little Secret About Gun Control…  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Dirty Little Secret About Gun Control…
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 02:16:29 am »
Driving on the public roads is a privilege. Walking, riding a horse, or riding a bike on the public roads is a right.

Our right to keep and bear arms is analogous to the latter and not the former. Kindly don't confuse them and please don't use this fallacious argument again.

Please keep an eye on this thread @MeganC!  This may be a live-wire!   happy77
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 02:54:27 am »
A God-given right (to defend oneself from all manners of harm)... that includes governments.

Want to take them away from me... change the Constitution.... opps... it is God-given and I will not comply.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 05:35:59 am »
As an aside, look at what that 'driving on public roads is a privilege' has done.
For all intents and purposes, it has limited the right to travel freely on public roads.
And that right is becoming more and more limited to the elite, a little at a time.

I will predict that before long, older cars will be eliminated by emission regulation and insurance standards... with the supposed intent being to eliminate 'unsafe' and 'environmentally harmful' machines. But in actual effect, people who cannot afford to own a 5 year old car or newer will be forced out of the ability to own a car that can actually be driven on public roads, limiting more and more the ability to freely and independently travel distances.

As you say, you will still be free to walk, pedal, or ride a horse... as far as you like... But the ability to really travel - distances - will be ever limited to those who are approved ~and~ can afford it...

And that noose will keep tightening. That is what insurance ad regulation will predictably and ultimately give you. And what is happening to the right to free travel can be directly compared to the intent in insuring and registering arms. The exact same thing will happen.

@roamer_1

EXACTLY! I will add it won't really be necessary to ban older cars and trucks because the repair parts and labor costs are getting so high now that it's cheaper and more practical to just buy a new car every  time the warranty on your existing one is getting ready to run out. If you can't buy a smog pump,catalytic converter,or other emissions part your vehicle is nothing but junk. It's not even "yard art" anymore because it's illegal to park unlicensed cars in your yard most places.

Not to worry,though. If you are wealthy and need a part for one of your older Porsce 911's or Ferrari,parts will still be made for the "liesure classes"/our Masters.

This is all a part of a plan to move most of the populations back into the cities. The excuse given,if one is ever needed will be to "lower pollution and make life more affordable for the working class by allowing them a short bus ride to work every day." Stalin did the same thing using the same reasoning. I suspect there are still the remains of whole villages rotting away outside of Russian cities,from the time the trucks drove in and everybody was ordered to pick up what they could carry and leave the rest because they were being moved into new housing in the city.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 05:38:08 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 06:45:16 am »
@roamer_1

EXACTLY! I will add it won't really be necessary to ban older cars and trucks because the repair parts and labor costs are getting so high now that it's cheaper and more practical to just buy a new car every  time the warranty on your existing one is getting ready to run out. If you can't buy a smog pump,catalytic converter,or other emissions part your vehicle is nothing but junk. It's not even "yard art" anymore because it's illegal to park unlicensed cars in your yard most places.

Not to worry,though. If you are wealthy and need a part for one of your older Porsce 911's or Ferrari,parts will still be made for the "liesure classes"/our Masters.

This is all a part of a plan to move most of the populations back into the cities. The excuse given,if one is ever needed will be to "lower pollution and make life more affordable for the working class by allowing them a short bus ride to work every day." Stalin did the same thing using the same reasoning. I suspect there are still the remains of whole villages rotting away outside of Russian cities,from the time the trucks drove in and everybody was ordered to pick up what they could carry and leave the rest because they were being moved into new housing in the city.

It really is insidious, @sneakypete ... And no matter how well-intentioned things start out, in the aggregation and layering of rules and regulations, tied to frog-in-the-pot situational normalcy, something very draconian to begin to form... Similar in kind to an HOA, but on a much larger scale... And with enough time and continuation, all the elements congeal to a point that a tyrant comes along and realizes what can be done.

I wonder what our great-grandfathers would think of how easily their sons let liberty slip away.  **nononono*
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 06:49:55 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 09:58:42 am »
@roamer_1

Don't forget, those one or two room (room, not bedroom) apartments in the cities were rent-free, too. (subsidized housing).
There is always a carrot (even if it looks good but is rotten) to wave along with the stick.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2020, 12:40:05 pm »
It really is insidious, @sneakypete ... And no matter how well-intentioned things start out, in the aggregation and layering of rules and regulations, tied to frog-in-the-pot situational normalcy, something very draconian to begin to form... Similar in kind to an HOA, but on a much larger scale... And with enough time and continuation, all the elements congeal to a point that a tyrant comes along and realizes what can be done.

I wonder what our great-grandfathers would think of how easily their sons let liberty slip away.  **nononono*

@roamer_1

Everything is already in place,from the unquestioned zoning restrictions that remove your freedom to manage your OWN property to the mindset that accepts that the government/other people have the unquestioned right to dictate to them how and where they live.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2020, 12:47:07 pm »
Don't forget, those one or two room (room, not bedroom) apartments in the cities were rent-free, too. (subsidized housing).
There is always a carrot (even if it looks good but is rotten) to wave along with the stick.

@Smokin Joe

Stalin/the formal communists "sold" their plans to the people with the promise and delivery of electric power,central heat,and running water in their new housing.

Today the sheeple are willing to sell their freedoms for being Environmentally Correct. The Politically
Correct took over a couple of decades ago. It has just taken them this long to worm themselves into
positions of influence so they could write new laws to enforce their ideology,and have the power to enforce
them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2020, 12:56:19 pm »

@Smokin Joe

Yes,but a "minor detail" or two were overlooked because the Soviets never bothered to tell them they
would NEVER own those new apartments with all the conveninces. They would just be allowed to live there
rent-free as long as they accepted the state was their master that could kick the slaves (them) out into
the snow anytime the state even SUSPECTED them of being disloyal.

When "The State" in the USSR,where the patterns were made for all this,created this system,they did so
using programs like this as "Bait" to lull the citizens in who might have otherwise been resistant to
losing their freedoms.

Given a choice between comfort and freedom,comfort wins every time.

Don't believe me,consider the typical resident of public housing.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2020, 01:33:35 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Yes,but a "minor detail" or two were overlooked because the Soviets never bothered to tell them they
would NEVER own those new apartments with all the conveninces. They would just be allowed to live there
rent-free as long as they accepted the state was their master that could kick the slaves (them) out into
the snow anytime the state even SUSPECTED them of being disloyal.

When "The State" in the USSR,where the patterns were made for all this,created this system,they did so
using programs like this as "Bait" to lull the citizens in who might have otherwise been resistant to
losing their freedoms.

Given a choice between comfort and freedom,comfort wins every time.

Don't believe me,consider the typical resident of public housing.
Oh, I agree. Many find a sense of security in the burden of their chains, at least until they get too heavy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2020, 03:46:27 pm »
Registration I support, confiscation I do not.  The Dems, as usual, overreach and motivate gun owners everywhere to get out and vote.   I'm all for that.  But requiring gun owners to be licensed and insure their toys just as I do my cars is still common sense, even if (as I admit) it's politically dead on arrival.   
Hey @$$H@T, Wake up.Firearms are necessary for the overthrow of a tyrannical government. You do not need a motorized vehicle to win a war. Yeah it dose make it easier, but plenty of people have done it with out (see our own history).
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.