Author Topic: The Dirty Little Secret About Gun Control…  (Read 2000 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Dirty Little Secret About Gun Control…
« on: February 11, 2020, 05:56:12 pm »
The Dirty Little Secret About Gun Control…

by Ken Jorgustin | Updated Feb 11, 2020

Unless YOU cooperate, it’s impossible to enforce.

Criminals do NOT cooperate with gun control. None of them. So why should we? Seriously. Why should we? We’re the good guys.

Why would we enable an iota of legitimacy to new seemingly unconstitutional gun laws enacted by far left legislatures and signed by far left anti-gun governors — all of which violates the 2nd Amendment at its core?

Sure, we’ll let the courts sort it all out. Good luck with that. But in the meantime are you, we (the good guys), going to comply with new laws that ban certain magazine capacities or certain guns/rifles or suppressors (for example)?

What are they going to do — come door to door and take them? (more on that in a minute)

By the way, I’m not advising that anyone disobey any laws. I’m just asking a question and inviting discussion. Just saying.

More:  https://modernsurvivalblog.com/politics/the-dirty-little-secret-about-gun-control/

================================================

I will not comply.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Re: The Dirty Little Secret About Gun Control…
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 06:13:42 pm »
I-will-not-comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 06:34:37 pm »
Good guys drive cars all the time, and yet remain subject to licensure, registration and insurance requirements because cars can sometimes be dangerous implements.   I agree that gun owners shouldn't be subject to restrictions on the type and numbers of guns they own.   But licensure, registration and insurance is common sense.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 06:36:45 pm »
Good guys drive cars all the time, and yet remain subject to licensure, registration and insurance requirements because cars can sometimes be dangerous implements.   I agree that gun owners shouldn't be subject to restrictions on the type and numbers of guns they own.   But licensure, registration and insurance is common sense.

Except they are only required for license, registration and insurance when used on public roads.

Private use away from others has no such requirement.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 06:38:28 pm »

However, there are no politicians & state legislatures who are promising, given the chance, to confiscate cars.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 06:55:41 pm »

@Jazzhead

How useful are cars when it comes to taking back control of an UN-Constitutional government?

Apples and oranges. Both are round and edible,and grow on trees,and that's about it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 06:59:29 pm »

Point out which Amendment in the Constitution that guarantees you the right to drive or own a car?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 06:59:54 pm »
However, there are no politicians & state legislatures who are promising, given the chance, to confiscate cars.

Not yet anyway.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 07:04:17 pm »
Well, I guess it's been too long since we've had a 100+ thread of hearing about good, reasonable gun restrictions like Insurance and Registration that, swear to God, won't lead to gun confiscation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 07:06:12 pm »
Well, I guess it's been too long since we've had a 100+ thread of hearing about good, reasonable gun restrictions like Insurance and Registration that, swear to God, won't lead to gun confiscation.

Just think...the Dems in VA think what they are doing is "reasonable".

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 07:09:37 pm »

It's a disease.  Rats in AZ think the same thing.  They want to register/confiscate AR 15s.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 07:11:18 pm »
It's a disease.  Rats in AZ think the same thing.  They want to register/confiscate AR 15s.

That's due in part to California legislators crossing borders and lobbying their Rat brothers in your state to imitate their laws.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 07:12:56 pm »

You mean they aren't coming after your Tesla Roadsters? After all, who needs a car that goes 250mph?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 07:30:47 pm »
I really can't see gun confiscation working.  People will find ways to hid their firearms.  And who is going to go door-to-door to confiscate weapons?  The police?  I think in most places they will refuse to do so.   I'd like to see the police or any other designated agency go around my neighborhood trying to confiscate weapons.  Most of them would end up dead at the front door.

The author is correct that the average gangsta does not comply with gun laws already on the books.  They don't buy from a licensed dealer.  They don't submit to background checks.  As long as they have the cash, there is someone in the neighborhood who will sell them a firearm.  Tally up the number of dead on an average weekend in Chicago and tell me how many of those people died at the hands of someone with a licensed firearm.  I'll bet not too many, if any.

That is our biggest problem:  the average gangbanger shooting at a rival gang or whatever.  It's not the mass shootings we hear about.  I believe in a number of those cases the forearms were legally obtained.  But I still believe those mass shootings are rare compared to the number of individual killings that occur in every major city on any given day.  Gun control or  gun confiscation will not curb those shootings.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 08:59:49 pm »
Oh, geez, not this sh*t again.  *****rollingeyes*****

Show me where in the Constitution you have a Right to own a car.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 09:20:17 pm »

Registration I support, confiscation I do not.  The Dems, as usual, overreach and motivate gun owners everywhere to get out and vote.   I'm all for that.  But requiring gun owners to be licensed and insure their toys just as I do my cars is still common sense, even if (as I admit) it's politically dead on arrival.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 09:25:00 pm »
Registration I support, confiscation I do not.  The Dems, as usual, overreach and motivate gun owners everywhere to get out and vote.   I'm all for that.  But requiring gun owners to be licensed and insure their toys just as I do my cars is still common sense, even if (as I admit) it's politically dead on arrival.   
Registration, historically, leads to or enables confiscation. If it hasn't (yet), give it a little time.

That's why the Canadians simply would not comply with a Long-gun registry. Eventually, the government up there gave up on that. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 09:37:45 pm »
But requiring gun owners to be licensed and insure their toys just as I do my cars is still common sense, even if (as I admit) it's politically dead on arrival.   

And yet again you're arguing apples and oranges when it comes to cars and guns.

There's an enshrined right in the Constitution to allow citizens to keep and bear arms.  Gun ownership was a cornerstone to the founding of this country because of what we had just endured under British rule.

There is no Constitutional right to own a car.

And by the way...guns aren't considered "toys" by those of us that own, use and carry them.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 12:11:01 am »

There's an enshrined right in the Constitution to allow citizens to keep and bear arms.  Gun ownership was a cornerstone to the founding of this country because of what we had just endured under British rule.

There is no Constitutional right to own a car.

And by the way...guns aren't considered "toys" by those of us that own, use and carry them.

I think you hit on something. He can't get it out of his head these aren't toys, like firecrackers.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 12:31:41 am »

@Jazzhead

TOYS?

To a guy that burns firewood, a chainsaw is not a 'toy'. It's a necessity. So is a heavy duty 4wd pickup. Be careful imposing your means and mores on other folks.

To anyone who subsists off the land (which is near everyone I know) guns are likewise a necessity.
To anyone who keeps livestock and must control vatrmints and predators guns are a necessity.
To anyone who lives outside of reasonable response times from LEOs and must defend themselves (which, truth be told, is absolutely everyone) guns are a necessity.

Guns are tools, just like a chainsaw, wrench, or hammer. No more, no less, and should be treated exactly the same (which they are here).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:33:59 am by roamer_1 »

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 12:43:31 am »

Toys??  I hope you don't own one @Jazzhead    Any weapon or firearm certainly isn't a toy and should be handled with the utmost care and respect at ALL times.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 12:53:49 am »

@txradioguy

Reasonable FIRST STEPS,maybe. They will never stop until it is a felony to own or even
have a gun in your house. Special permits will be required for hunters,and you will have
to be a member of a hunting club to be allowed to store your guns and ammo there. Which
means no one but the elites will be able to afford to own a gun,and they are the only
ones that will have 24/7 armed police protection.

That is the way it works. That is ALWAYS the way it works.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 12:57:28 am »

There's an enshrined right in the Constitution to allow citizens to keep and bear arms. 

@txradioguy

Never mind right,it was actually a REQUIREMENT for all able-bodied males between the
ages of 16,and I THINK 60.

BTW,there were NO laws against males under 16 or over 60 owning and possessing
firearms,as well as no laws against women of any age owning and possessing them,either.

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 01:41:02 am »

Driving on the public roads is a privilege. Walking, riding a horse, or riding a bike on the public roads is a right.

Our right to keep and bear arms is analogous to the latter and not the former. Kindly don't confuse them and please don't use this fallacious argument again.
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 02:11:18 am »
Driving on the public roads is a privilege. Walking, riding a horse, or riding a bike on the public roads is a right.

Our right to keep and bear arms is analogous to the latter and not the former. Kindly don't confuse them and please don't use this fallacious argument again.

As an aside, look at what that 'driving on public roads is a privilege' has done.
For all intents and purposes, it has limited the right to travel freely on public roads.
And that right is becoming more and more limited to the elite, a little at a time.

I will predict that before long, older cars will be eliminated by emission regulation and insurance standards... with the supposed intent being to eliminate 'unsafe' and 'environmentally harmful' machines. But in actual effect, people who cannot afford to own a 5 year old car or newer will be forced out of the ability to own a car that can actually be driven on public roads, limiting more and more the ability to freely and independently travel distances.

As you say, you will still be free to walk, pedal, or ride a horse... as far as you like... But the ability to really travel - distances - will be ever limited to those who are approved ~and~ can afford it...

And that noose will keep tightening. That is what insurance ad regulation will predictably and ultimately give you. And what is happening to the right to free travel can be directly compared to the intent in insuring and registering arms. The exact same thing will happen.