Author Topic: Census Bureau Estimates U.S. Population Grew 1.6 million in 2019; The New York Times Sounds the Ala  (Read 484 times)

rangerrebew

Census Bureau Estimates U.S. Population Grew 1.6 million in 2019; The New York Times Sounds the Alarm

Tue, Jan 21st 2020 @ 10:55 pm EST  by  Eric Ruark

On December 30, 2019, the U.S. Census Bureau released its estimation that the U.S. population increased by 1.6 million, and that net international migration was responsible for 38% (595,000) of that increase.

The Census Bureau calculates it’s population estimate by adding together natural increase (births minus deaths) and net international migration (“immigration of the foreign born, emigration of the foreign born, net migration between the United States and Puerto Rico, net migration of natives to and from the United States, and net movement of the Armed Forces population to and from the United States.”) to the exiting population to find the total population change in a year.

***Note: The percentage of population growth due to net international migration is only the net growth in the foreign-born residing in the United States in 2019 (see details for the actual time period below). It does not include births in the United States to the foreign-born, which account for a much larger percentage of total population growth. Almost all U.S. population growth is a result of net international migration.***

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/census-bureau-estimates-us-population-grew-16-million-2019-new-york-times-sounds-alarm-0

Offline skeeter

In my town foreign in migration has exploded in the past three years.

Offline aligncare

The predominant languages in my neighborhood are English, Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Arabic and some I cannot determine. Not sure about the ranking, either. I can’t tell if English is dominant or not.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
In 2000, the census used paper and pencils.

In 2010 the census started with tablet computers, but dropped that when it proved unsuccessful, reverting to paper.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln