Author Topic: Buttigieg: Heroin Possession Won’t Be Illegal Under My Administration  (Read 492 times)

rangerrebew

Buttigieg: Heroin Possession Won’t Be Illegal Under My Administration

Andrew Kugle - February 9, 2020 12:00 PM

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg said on Sunday that under his administration, heroin possession would not be illegal or would at most be a misdemeanor.

"Mayor, you not only want to decriminalize marijuana, you want to decriminalize all drug possession. You say the better answer is treatment, not incarceration," Fox News Sunday anchor Chris Wallace said. "Isn't the fact that it's illegal to have, to possess meth and heroin, doesn't that at least in some way, the fact that it's illegal act as some deterrent to trying it in the first place?"

https://freebeacon.com/politics/buttigieg-heroin-possession-wont-be-illegal/

rangerrebew

This is a "moderate" democrat? :3:

Offline andy58-in-nh

This is a "moderate" democrat? :3:
Yep. Legalize heroin. Criminalize gun ownership. That's what passes for Democrat "moderation" these days.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That is not a position that is going to help him in the Midwest.

Offline Applewood

All part of the commie plan -- keep the populace doped up or drunk.  Easier to control.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Buttplugs not only gay, but insane,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

Buttplugs not only gay, but insane,

Every candidate is insane.  They are promising the moon to everyone to get votes.  Sometimes they promise one thing to one group of voters, then promise something contradictory to another group.  And most of their promises are not going to happen. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Every candidate is insane.  They are promising the moon to everyone to get votes.  Sometimes they promise one thing to one group of voters, then promise something contradictory to another group.  And most of their promises are not going to happen.

Yeah, but I'd think Heroin addicts is a pretty narrow voting demographic.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That is not a position that is going to help him in the Midwest.
Not many positions will, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
That whole slippery slope thing we talked about.... all in your imagination...

Nothing to see here....
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That whole slippery slope thing we talked about.... all in your imagination...

Nothing to see here....
That's because it is in the shadows of the abyss. The slippery slope is just the entrance.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah, but I'd think Heroin addicts is a pretty narrow voting demographic.

@catfish1957

True,but all those addicts have relatives and friends.

On the positive side,the size of  prison population would drop and who knows how many lawyers would have to find real jobs?

It ain't all bad once you get past the shock.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ArneFufkin

So, if using heroin (or meth or tide pods) is legal, but the addicts remain incapable of keeping a job due to their drug use, have no legal income, and STILL have to live on the street and steal from strangers, friends and family to pay for their "fix"?    How does that solve anything?

Stupid ME!   22222frying pan   Free, government issued heroin!   Free, government funded meth!  Free, seized houses at which to "flop".  Give the citizens what they want:  LIQUOR STORE VOUCHERS!   An adult diaper with every bindle of meth to keep Market Street "clean and thriving."

What the Hell is going on?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

All part of the commie plan -- keep the populace doped up or drunk.  Easier to control.

Yup @Applewood  Take their gold, take their guns and keep 'em sedated.