Author Topic: When Mom Read Her Son’s Diary, She Dialed 911. Now Her Son Is Going To Jail  (Read 763 times)

rangerrebew

When Mom Read Her Son’s Diary, She Dialed 911. Now Her Son Is Going To Jail

By Alice Edwards - Updated February 8, 2020

One mother in Washington state is being hailed a hero after she read her son’s journals. Because the mother found that her boy had journaled his plans to murder innocent people at his school on the twenty-first anniversary of the 1999 Columbine High School massacre, she turned him in to the police and stopped what could have been a mass shooting of unrivaled proportion.

As it happened, the mother of the College Place High School student saw the journal entries, which provided ample details as to how he was going to implement the mass shooting. Instead of protecting her would-be mass shooter son, the mother turned the boy into authorities and has been hailed as a hero for putting a stop to the massacre.

https://awm.com/when-mom-read-her-sons-diary-she-dialed-911-now-her-son-is-going-to-jail-2-2/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hopefully, the kid gets the psychiatric help he needs. He planned on killing mom and her boyfriend, too, and from the article sounds seriously troubled. It was unclear whether he actually had access to forearms, though.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is what good parents do, unlike the parents of Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Dylan Roof. Etc.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hopefully, the kid gets the psychiatric help he needs. He planned on killing mom and her boyfriend, too, and from the article sounds seriously troubled. It was unclear whether he actually had access to forearms, though.

Sadly we have often learned that "troubled" people  were ALREADY on the screens, of family, "mental health care EXPERTS, Law enforcement, BEFORE a violent event.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sadly we have often learned that "troubled" people  were ALREADY on the screens, of family, "mental health care EXPERTS, Law enforcement, BEFORE a violent event.
Well, I did say 'what he needs'. If this sort of intervention is what it takes, well that's what it takes if other means were ineffective. I must note that homicidal/suicidal ideation have been associated with pharmaceuticals used in mood management, and seem to be either present or suddenly absent from the pharmacopeia of many mass shooting event perpetrators. (Just one more reason I think kids need  mature person they can talk with to help sort their troubles out--a real friend--more than some of the alternatives hat only work 9 to 5. While drugs may help some, they seem to be an 'easy remedy', rather than a cure).

At least his mom was paying attention.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis