Author Topic: New Hampshire Primary, 2020  (Read 4446 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
New Hampshire Primary, 2020
« on: February 11, 2020, 12:09:35 am »
Let's get this show on the road!
Trump in New Hampshire to 'shake up' Dems on primary eve
ABC News

Some supporters lined up in the cold rain a day ahead for Monday's rally.

President Donald Trump is in Manchester, New Hampshire, to "shake up" Democrats hours before Tuesday's first-in-the-nation primary.

The president's rally at the SNHU Arena -- the same venue where he held a rally on the eve of winning the 2016 Republican New Hampshire primary -- is part of the Trump campaign's larger effort to disrupt the Democrats as they head to the polls to pick their nominee.

See more at: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-hampshire-shake-dems-primary-eve/story?id=68863056

I'm not sure if there is a dedicated thread to the president's appearance, maybe CSPAN is covering it, I will look...

Just hours to go, New Hampshire primary voters still can't make up their minds
By David Lauter, Los Angeles Times 41 mins ago

LEBANON, N.H. — They’ve been pummeled by millions of dollars in TV ads, had repeated chances to see the major candidates up close, sometimes in neighbors’ living rooms, and they’ve watched debates play out on television. Now, they’re about to cast ballots — but for whom?

“I don’t know yet,” said Sarah Glass, a high school teacher from Hanover, N.H. “I’m super-undecided.”

Standing a few feet away, in a Lebanon high school gymnasium where Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., was due to speak, Doreen Somers of Grantham acknowledged similar indecision.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/just-hours-to-go-new-hampshire-primary-voters-still-cant-make-up-their-minds/ar-BBZRff2

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: New Hampshire Primary, 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 12:14:48 am »
I'm not sure if there is a dedicated thread to the president's appearance, maybe CSPAN is covering it, I will look...

I'm watching on OAN
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 12:17:12 am »
Thank you so much @mystery-ak

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 12:27:53 am »
Watching on FOX -- audio is terrible though
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 12:45:39 am »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 04:50:43 pm »
On Klobuchar:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Klobuchar

Her mother taught second grade until she retired at age 70.[4]

That's a nice touch.

Her father is an author, who retired as a sportswriter and columnist from the Star Tribune.[5] He is of Slovene descent—his grandparents were all immigrants from Slovenia's White Carniola region. His father was a miner on Minnesota's Iron Range.[6][7] Her maternal grandparents immigrated from Switzerland.[8]

So, the father was a sports writer, journalist for the newspaper. Okay, not a politician as I thought I had heard.

Apparently, her parents divorced when she was 15, the father suffered from alcoholism.

I have irreconcilable differences with some of the Democratic party platform but it's not a bad bio, it's pretty good actually.

Her Church, UCC, United Church of Christ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Church_of_Christ

Look at some of those politicians and others who are or have been members of this Church.

Barak Obama, William Rehnquist.

And a few other recognizable names, quite a few.

Jackie Robinson?    And many others.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 05:09:58 pm »
Rally crowd chants '46' for Donald Trump Jr.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/482433-rally-crowd-chants-46-for-donald-trump-jr
Disgusting.

After term limits saved us from Obama, they go out and start doing this. It's evil. **nononono*

Is there any way to definitively shut these people up for good?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 09:51:05 pm »
I'm headed off to vote right now. My wife reported earlier that the polling place was very busy (Bedford, NH).
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline TomSea

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 10:06:51 pm »
Campaigns ditch DNC voter protection program

MANCHESTER, N.H. — The leading Democratic presidential campaigns have quietly banded together to run a joint voter protection program on Tuesday — a program designed to bypass a similar operation run by the Democratic National Committee and the New Hampshire Democratic Party.

In a sign of unease with the DNC, the campaigns will utilize a neutral boiler room helmed by Boston lawyer Quentin Palfrey, a former Obama adviser, to share reports of voter rights infringements from legal observers across the state.

"Although not all campaigns are actively involved, we are welcoming volunteers who are affiliated with any Democratic campaign, or with no campaign, and who want to protect the rights of voters. This effort is not coordinated by the New Hampshire Democratic Party, or the DNC, but is an ad hoc effort by the campaigns themselves," Palfrey wrote in an email to volunteers.

See more at: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/10/campaign-dnc-voter-protection-113771

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 10:25:33 pm »
Rally crowd chants '46' for Donald Trump Jr.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/482433-rally-crowd-chants-46-for-donald-trump-jr

Absolutely not.  No more family dynasties. 

And no, I'm not saying that because we are talking about Trump and his family.  I don't believe the founders wanted this country to be ruled by royal families.  They had enough of King George.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 10:43:18 pm »
Absolutely not.  No more family dynasties. 

And no, I'm not saying that because we are talking about Trump and his family.  I don't believe the founders wanted this country to be ruled by royal families.  They had enough of King George.

2024 is a long way off.  I certainly wouldn't close the door on Don Jr., just because his Daddy ran.  I'd vote for the most conservative candidate period.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 11:25:54 pm »
2024 is a long way off.  I certainly wouldn't close the door on Don Jr., just because his Daddy ran.  I'd vote for the most conservative candidate period.

Conservative by whose standards? You know, if one subscribed to the Conservative Review rating, one might have voted for Rand Paul, Mike Lee was not running, so yes, we all have our standards at that.  There is no correct answer though, there would be clear indications of this, generally speaking.

Nikki Haley in 2024, she may not be a cookie cutter conservative but I'd likely consider her strongly if she ran.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 11:27:46 pm »
I think this might have gotten posted already, I'll just post it again, different article I'm sure:

Pete Buttigieg takes heat for ‘radical’ stance on late-term abortion, infanticide
Valerie Richardson

Pete Buttigieg had a chance Thursday to come out against late-term abortion, but he didn’t take it.

Instead, the Democratic presidential primary contender said on ABC’s “The View” that “it shouldn’t be up to the government official to draw the line, it should be up to the woman who is confronted with that choice,” prompting a swift retort from co-host Meghan McCain.

“I respect what you’re saying because you didn’t back down from it. This is going to hurt you in the middle of the country with the Republicans you’re trying to win over,” said Ms. McCain. “People like me, this is a hard line, and quite frankly, that answer is just as radical as I thought it was. Sorry.”

Read more at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/6/pete-buttigieg-refuses-condemn-late-term-abortion/

And sometimes, one votes to keep ding-a-lings like this out.

The Democrats really need to change their way of thinking.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 12:01:44 am »
Most of the polls are now closed. There are some in 13 cities apparently that stay open another hour (8pm EST)

Let the tallies begin. Here's hoping there's no clear winner and a fractured ticket.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 12:19:13 am »
Conservative by whose standards? You know, if one subscribed to the Conservative Review rating, one might have voted for Rand Paul, Mike Lee was not running, so yes, we all have our standards at that.  There is no correct answer though, there would be clear indications of this, generally speaking.

Nikki Haley in 2024, she may not be a cookie cutter conservative but I'd likely consider her strongly if she ran.

Conservative by my standards -- I personally opt for a constitutional conservative. I will vote for who I think is the most conservative candidate out of those running.  Not who I think will win, or because of their last name.  I don't know where Don Jr. stands on any of the issues, nor do we know who else will be running, nor do we know if Jr. is running at all.

The point I was trying to make is, to eliminate someone because of their last name to me is foolish, especially if they wind up being the most conservative candidate that we have to choose from.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 12:19:39 am »
Most of the polls are now closed. There are some in 13 cities apparently that stay open another hour (8pm EST)

Let the tallies begin. Here's hoping there's no clear winner and a fractured ticket.

:beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 12:38:57 am »
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 12:40:42 am »
CANDIDATE   VOTES   %      TRAILS LEADER BY   PLEDGED DELEGATES

Sanders   1,985   26.9%      -   
Klobuchar   1,623   22.0%      362   0
Buttigieg   1,568   21.3%      417   0
Warren   823   11.2%      1,162   0
Biden   619   8.4%      1,366   0

est. 3% in
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 01:04:22 am »
BREAKING: The polls have now closed in New Hampshire.

The Fox News Decision Desk is now reporting that Bernie Sanders is enjoying an early lead over Pete Buttigieg, who is currently in second place, and the late-surging Amy Klobuchar, who is in third.

Neither Joe Biden nor Elizabeth Warren appear poised to finish in the top three positions, although most of the vote has not yet been counted and the numbers could change.
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 01:06:07 am »
                                     Votes       Percent
Bernie Sanders   8,110   27.7%
Pete Buttigieg   6,674   22.8%
Amy Klobuchar   5,951   20.3%
Elizabeth Warren 3,592   12.3%
Joe Biden   2,389   8.2%
9.63% of precincts reporting (29 / 301)
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 01:06:51 am »
Andrew Yang has dropped out per Fox
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 01:07:26 am »
D Bernie Sanders    8,110    27.72%    0
D Pete Buttigieg    6,674    22.81%    0
D Amy Klobuchar    5,951    20.34%    0
D Elizabeth Warren    3,592    12.28%    0
D Joe Biden    2,389    8.16%    0
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 01:09:08 am »
Decision Desk HQ
@DecisionDeskHQ
·
2m
FASTEST NH Primary Results - Total of 19.87% reporting

Sanders: 28.20%
Buttigieg: 22.04%
Klobuchar: 19.47%
Warren: 10.61%
Biden: 8.37%
Steyer: 3.30%
Gabbard: 3.01%
Yang: 2.95%

Total votes cast so far: 65,806
Support the USO