Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg is uniquely disliked by Democrats across the spectrum even as he surges in early stat  (Read 2375 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pete Buttigieg is uniquely disliked by Democrats across the spectrum even as he surges in early states
 (Eliza Relman)
,Business Insider•February 10, 2020

With his strong showing in Iowa and surge in New Hampshire, former Mayor Pete Buttigieg's list of critics is expanding across the ideological spectrum.

After Buttigieg beat former Vice President Joe Biden, in Iowa and is set to do the same in New Hampshire, moderates began to turn their ire on the former mayor.

Rather than attacking his policies and rhetoric — as progressives long have — moderates like Biden are challenging Buttigieg's qualifications and experience, and asserting he's not prepared to be president.

Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg has long drawn the ire of progressives, particularly the young and online subset. But with his strong showing in Iowa and surge in New Hampshire, he's now attracting sustained attacks from across the ideological spectrum.

more
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pete-buttigieg-uniquely-disliked-democrats-174141690.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 I don't get it. I was thinking a young,smart,homosexual,hard-left male would put a twinkle in that crowds eye.

Seems like other than the female cross-dressing bi-sexual with two sexual reassigment surgeries who has one blue eye,one
brown eye and is a part Eskimo paraplegic,ButtPlug has it all.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, Right. I bet the prospective "First Laddie" is a snazzy dresser, too.  *****rollingeyes*****

When push comes to shove, Government is already too good at sticking their bits where they don't belong, someone who makes it a regular practice just isn't that appealing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

Pete Buttigieg is uniquely disliked by Democrats across the spectrum even as he surges in early states

Mark my words, they are setting it up for Klobuchar.  The MSM has been handed the talking points.  Headlines on Wed will be about Klobuchar as the Comeback Kid.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Mark my words, they are setting it up for Klobuchar.  The MSM has been handed the talking points.  Headlines on Wed will be about Klobuchar as the Comeback Kid.

I think there definitely are some in that party who believe she'd be the strongest candidate against Trump, and they may be right. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think there definitely are some in that party who believe she'd be the strongest candidate against Trump, and they may be right.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Well,she and Buttplug seem to be the closest candidates they have that is within shouting distance of sanity,and the fact that Buttplug is a homo with a husband is going to be a step too far for a number of Dim voters. Too much too soon. Give it another 20 years,and it might not matter.

This leaves Klobuchar. She is a known factor within DNC circles. Pretty much mainstream for a Dim,and hasn't been seen eating live babies on network tv. I have no trouble seeing the DNC movers and shakers falling in behind her.

I would only suggest that if she is serious about running as America's First Bitch that she hire food tasters and buy a LOT of insurance. Bubbette! is not going to be amused.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The reality is that any candidate who is not inherently unpalatable for the mainstream can be marketed, packaged, and sold to enough people to be a contender. Look at the gushing over a former first lady as a fashion maven, when her floral prints looked like they were ripped from '60s breezeway furniture.

The only question is one of how many unprincipled Leftist suckers there are out there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yeah, Right. I bet the prospective "First Laddie" is a snazzy dresser, too.  *****rollingeyes*****

@Smokin Joe

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think Amy's sewing up the VP slot @Maj. Bill Martin

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PeteS in CA

Rather than attacking his policies and rhetoric — as progressives long have — moderates like Biden are challenging Buttigieg's qualifications and experience, and asserting he's not prepared to be president.

He was a failure as a mayor of a moderately large town. I have to admit, it is unusual for 2019/2020 Dem to be talking so rationally.

Speaking more generally, Buttigieg's policies, actions, and track record are so stuffed with problems that the (non-)reproductive plumbing of his bed-warmer doesn't make my radar screen (not that I would trust his moral judgnent).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

The only reason Klobuchar is an up and comer is she's a blank sheet. Once it gets filled in they'll move on to the next. They'll get around to Steyer, too, sooner or later.

This primary is playing out like a game of musical chairs - whomever is the least well known when the music stops will be it.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Now that's some prime cheerleader hissy catfight straight from the Bernie camp right there.

Buttbigger is barely less qualified than Obama when he ran, and Bernie is also white and privileged, both here and in the former Soviet Union.

Buttgigger is also not a centrist, he's just less communist than Bernie.

Much a do about nothing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

B Studebaker scores for nailing Buttgigg's personality type, but then loses most of his points for his childish oversimplified & provocative analysis for which he has absolutely no proof.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:03:01 am by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The only reason Klobuchar is an up and comer is she's a blank sheet. Once it gets filled in they'll move on to the next. They'll get around to Steyer, too, sooner or later.

This primary is playing out like a game of musical chairs - whomever is the least well known when the music stops will be it.

@skeeter

When the music stops they will all be screaming for Bubbette! to come to their rescue
by dipping her dainty hoof into the water.

She wants the voters to beg her.

Online Hoodat

And now for a music interlude.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

When the music stops they will all be screaming for Bubbette! to come to their rescue
by dipping her dainty hoof into the water.

She wants the voters to beg her.

Doesn't she have to toss her bag of Clindung in the ring by a certain time?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Doesn't she have to toss her bag of Clindung in the ring by a certain time?

@skeeter

Rules don't apply to Queens,and I am not writing about Buttplug.

Do you REALLY think the DNC will turn her down if she comes staggering in
at the last minute to "save the day"?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan wrote:
"Buttgigger is also not a centrist, he's just less communist than Bernie..."

He's a red-diaper baby, who's probably as committed to "the party" as is Sanders, but who is savvy enough to "keep it in the closet" for now.

I'm amazed this guy is even considered as a credible candidate for president. He's a young homosexual with no record of accomplishment at anything, other than having been mayor of one of the crummier towns in Indiana and also being able to play the piano.

Hey, why bother with president... he coulda been another Liberace...!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re Hoodat's Doors song above...

Wasn't that about the greatest album cover of all time...?

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Rules don't apply to Queens,and I am not writing about Buttplug.

Do you REALLY think the DNC will turn her down if she comes staggering in
at the last minute to "save the day"?

Yeah, they'll prolly just change the rules & screw ol' Bern over once again.

Offline libertybele

Yeah, they'll prolly just change the rules & screw ol' Bern over once again.

I don't think Hillary is going to jump in -- again -- (sorry to repeat) she's missed some deadlines to file paperwork and she must get onto the ballot and qualify in all 50 states.  It's too late.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't think Hillary is going to jump in -- again -- (sorry to repeat) she's missed some deadlines to file paperwork and she must get onto the ballot and qualify in all 50 states.  It's too late.

Bubbette is going to skip all the Primaries, and be available if there's a second ballot at the Convention in Milwaukee.  That's the plan, so I would not expect her to fill out any paperwork along the way.

"Coy."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

You have never heard of "double-secret paperwork"?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Bubbette is going to skip all the Primaries, and be available if there's a second ballot at the Convention in Milwaukee.  That's the plan, so I would not expect her to fill out any paperwork along the way.

"Coy."

@Cyber Liberty 

Let's face it,there is no way that drunken old hag can survive a campaign. She looked like she was going to die the last time. IMNSHO,the plan all along is to run losers against each other in in the regular  campaign period,and then have her stagger in at the last minute to "save the day!"