Author Topic: 'I'm a little bigger than he is': Manchin reacts to Trump nicknaming him 'Joe Munchkin'  (Read 370 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'I'm a little bigger than he is': Manchin reacts to Trump nicknaming him 'Joe Munchkin'
by Anthony Leonardi
 | February 10, 2020 03:19 PM

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin critiqued President Trump's size on Monday in response to the commander in chief referring to him as "Joe Munchkin."

"I don’t know where he got the 'munchkin.' I think I’m a little bit bigger than he is — taller," the centrist Democrat told CNN's John Berman on New Day. Manchin said Trump's impeachment defense team made arguments that put the powers of the presidency "above the law," adding that he wished the Senate held a "fair trial."

The senator also told Berman that he's "[Trump's] best chance of having anything in a bipartisan way," citing his voting record in support of Trump. Manchin claimed he was not bothered by Trump calling him a "munchkin," but he later chided the president for not acting like a "responsible adult."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/im-a-little-bigger-than-he-is-manchin-reacts-to-trump-nicknaming-him-joe-munchkin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

Manchin, whatever his warts, is someone who has supported fiscal integrity and govt restraint;
as such he is someone that could support future R initiatives.
But Trump, predictably, couldn't resist abusing/insulting him; reinforcing his uncanny ability
to make an enemy of someone whose vote he might need in the future. 

Offline skeeter

Trump may have been referring to the size of Manchin’s integrity.

Offline skeeter

Manchin, whatever his warts, is someone who has supported fiscal integrity and govt restraint;
But Trump, predictably, couldn't resist abusing/insulting him; reinforcing his uncanny ability

Or Manchin will have to work twice as hard to convince WV’s voters he’s the guy he said he was when they last elected him.

Offline mountaineer

Where did you get that? I live in W.Va., and can assure you that Mojo has never stood up to the Democrat party or its big spending agenda. He has absolutely no backbone, and all this crap about "maybe he should switch parties" is utter nonsense. He's a Democrat through and through, not very bright, a probable alcoholic, and no friend of fiscal integrity.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ArneFufkin

The guy has a lifetime 26 rating from the ACU, including an "8" in 2017.   His uptick in 2018 (Where he was a 36 rating) can be largely attributed to his re-election bid in a Trump State.   I have no doubt that had the Kavanaugh vote been held this past year, after he was re-elected to another 6 year term in 2018, he would have voted "no".

Offline mountaineer

The W.Va. Republican party responds to Manchin:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
February 11, 2020

JOE MANCHIN - A "WEST VIRGINIA DEMOCRAT" NO MORE

President Trump called out Senator Manchin, exposing him for the fraud he is, while praising our conservative leader Senator Capito.

Charleston, W.Va. - President Donald Trump enjoys broad and widespread support in West Virginia for good reasons. His rollback of regulations and tax cuts have helped put our energy workers back to work. His conservative, pro-family policies are in line with our values.

For these reasons it is no surprise that Senator Joe Manchin tried to pull the wool over voters by claiming that he was a self-described "West Virginia Democrat." Manchin argued that he worked with the President and was different from the national Democrats. His vote on impeachment destroys the myth.

"There is no other way to put it. Senator Joe Manchin has consistently lied to the voters of West Virginia. He has tried, with some success, to fool them into believing that he is a different kind of Democrat," said West Virginia Republican Party Chairwoman Melody Potter. "He calls it a 'West Virginia Democrat'."

"According to Double Talking Joe, a 'West Virginia Democrat' seeks the middle ground and common-sense solutions. He or she is a person that can work with all sides of the political aisle," defined Potter. "By voting to find President Trump guilty after offering a pathway to innocence with his ill-fated censure resolution, Double Talking Joe proved once and for all that when push comes to shove, he sides with Senator Chuck Schumer and the radicals in Washington over the voters back here at home."

President Trump is done with Double Talking Joe after his vote. He tweeted out, "I was very surprised and disappointed that Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia voted against me on the Democrats' totally partisan Impeachment Hoax. No President has done more for the great people of West Virginia than me (Pensions), and that will always continue."

President Trump went on to praise our proven conservative leader, Senator Shelley Moore Capito saying, "Senator Capito was all in (a great person)." Voters across West Virginia couldn't agree more. And the proof will come this November when we deliver a resounding of victory for the Trump-Capito ticket across the Mountain State.

"The real questions left unanswered that voters deserve to know the answer to: What did Double Talking Joe get from Senator Schumer for selling out West Virginia for the radical left that has taken over Washington? What was the quid pro quo between Chuck and Joe?" questioned Potter."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Manchin is done in West Virginia, regardless what party he claims he is in.  HE has overstayed his welcome, and he has proven to be a puppet controlled by Schumer the smuck!!!