Author Topic: Tom Steyer promises $22 minimum wage if elected president  (Read 305 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom Steyer promises $22 minimum wage if elected president
« on: February 10, 2020, 08:30:42 pm »
Tom Steyer promises $22 minimum wage if elected president
by Tim Pearce
 | February 10, 2020 03:09 PM

Billionaire activist and 2020 Democrat Tom Steyer pledged to push for a $22 minimum wage if he wins the White House in November.

Steyer made the pledge while campaigning in Winnsboro, South Carolina, on Sunday. His minimum wage standard is the highest so far of the Democratic presidential primary field.

The federal minimum wage has sat at $7.25 for the past decade. Washington, D.C., and 29 states have set higher standards, however.

Steyer’s wage floor is set much higher than what most politicians and activists are currently calling for. Former Vice President Joe Biden, former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts have all released plans calling for a $15 minimum wage.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/tom-steyer-promises-22-minimum-wage-if-elected-president
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Tom Steyer promises $22 minimum wage if elected president
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 10:46:16 pm »
Thomas Fahr Steyer (born June 27, 1957) is an American hedge fund manager, philanthropist, environmentalist, liberal activist, and fundraiser.

OH, that explains it, just another liberal idiot with no experience running a business with blue collar workers or a understanding of cause and effect.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 10:59:37 pm »
Seems like Warren needs to up the ante a little bit. /s
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 12:07:30 am »
I wonder what he pays his people? Does he have any who work at minimum wage level jobs?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 12:08:58 am »
Vote for me. I promise you $100 per hour, and you don't even have to work.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 12:11:53 am »
Vote for me. I promise you $100 per hour, and you don't even have to work.
I always wondered what it would be like to have a Government Job. (Yes, I know, some DO work.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 12:13:25 am »
Would someone please splain to me how this fool became a Billionaire?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 12:14:17 am »
Would someone please splain to me how this fool became a Billionaire?
By exploiting people, silly.  :silly:

C S Lewis