Author Topic: CPAC organizer 'afraid' for Romney's safety if he attends annual conservative event  (Read 274 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CPAC organizer 'afraid' for Romney's safety if he attends annual conservative event
by Madison Dibble
 | February 10, 2020 08:21 AM

Trump loyalist Matt Schlapp claimed he would fear for Sen. Mitt Romney's safety if the senator attended this year's Conservative Political Action Conference .

Schlapp, the chairman of the American Conservative Union, talked about how the Utah Republican was “formally not invited” to attend the CPAC event during a recent interview on Full Court Press. He predicted Romney would not receive a warm welcome because of the senator's vote to convict President Trump during the Senate impeachment trial.

“We won’t credential him as a conservative. I suppose if he wants to come as a nonconservative and debate an issue with us, maybe in the future we would have him come,” Schlapp said. “This year, I’d actually be afraid for his physical safety; people are so mad at him.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cpac-organizer-afraid-for-romneys-safety-if-he-attends-annual-conservative-event
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's a sad comment.
If he comes, shun him. Ignore him.
I wouldn't think any group of alleged conservatives would threaten his physical safety.
That wouldn't be conservative at all.  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Overdrama comment there.  He'd get boo'ed, and maybe pelted with fruit.  But to claim for his safety?   We aren't Antifa.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Not helpful. Schlapp ought to know what the media will do with his comment.

Online mountaineer

As pointed out on twitter, the young conservatives attending CPAC generally are there to try to get Capitol Hill jobs. I doubt they'd screw that up by harming Mittens or any other person.

Plus, why would a non-conservative want to go to CPAC, anyway?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DB

Hopefully Romney put the final nail into destroying his own political career. Why a supposedly conservative Utah ever elected this man to anything is beyond me.