Author Topic: Midshipman Dies During Physical Readiness Test, Naval Academy Says  (Read 223 times)

rangerrebew

Midshipman Dies During Physical Readiness Test, Naval Academy Says

9 Feb 2020
Fox News

The U.S. Navy announced the death of a midshipman during a physical readiness test at the Naval Academy on Saturday.

The academy posted a message to Facebook confirming the death and offering support to the midshipman's relatives.

"The Naval Academy is deeply saddened to confirm that a midshipman died this morning during the semi-annual physical readiness test," it said.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/02/09/midshipman-dies-during-physical-readiness-test-naval-academy-says.html

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Midshipman Dies During Physical Readiness Test, Naval Academy Says
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 05:21:50 pm »
Very sad.  There almost certainly was some undiagnosed medical condition, or some other unusual circumstances because the PRT is...not that hard.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 05:37:17 pm »
Very sad.  There almost certainly was some undiagnosed medical condition, or some other unusual circumstances because the PRT is...not that hard.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I agree. Had to be something that happened suddenly,like a burst aorta. I refuse to believe the Naval Academy doesn't give plebes VERY thorough physicals before they are admitted.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 07:34:24 pm »
It's basically just a regular physical -- your regular doctor provides one before you get in, and then it's kind of normal stuff.  So it could have been some kind of congenital condition that wasn't detected.  Or, there's always the chance there was something else involved.  It would help to know what year they were in, the but they didn't even release that information.

Haven't yet heard anything through the grapevine .