Author Topic: Romney says he expects 'unimaginable' consequences after impeachment vote  (Read 496 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney says he expects 'unimaginable' consequences after impeachment vote
By Rebecca Klar - 02/06/20 08:13 PM EST

Utah Sen. Mitt Romney, the only Republican to vote to convict President Trump on abuse of power during the impeachment trial this week, said he expects he'll face "unimaginable" consequences for breaking with his party.

"I don't know what they’ll be, there's some I know," Romney said in an interview released by New York Time's "Daily" podcast Thursday, when asked what consequences he anticipates from the decision.

"I know they'll be consequence and I just have to recognize that and do what you think is right," Romney added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/481958-romney-says-he-expects-unimaginable-consequences-after-impeachment-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Romney says he expects 'unimaginable' consequences after impeachment vote
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 01:35:02 am »
Keep talking Mitt and you'll reveal the real reason why you cast a guilty vote.

If he's caught now with his hands in the cookie jar, he'll just blame it on retribution from the GOP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 02:21:31 am »

If he's caught now with his hands in the cookie jar, he'll just blame it on retribution from the GOP.

The irony  of it is he'll reveal it, and the GOP will have done nothing of consequence to him for it.  The Rats, on the other hand...heh, heh, heh.  888bravo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 02:43:20 am »
Now he's playing victim. 

He's a disgrace.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 02:51:05 am »
I just ran across an article from CNN -- "Mitt Romney is  now the head of the new old GOP".  The SOB is blatantly trying to divide the party after Trump has pretty much unified the party. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/politics/mitt-romney-new-old-gop/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 02:52:43 am »
I just ran across an article from CNN -- "Mitt Romney is  now the head of the new old GOP".  The SOB is blatantly trying to divide the party after Trump has pretty much unified the party. 

He must think he's Ted Kennedy and Trump is Jimmy Carter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 03:13:51 am »

# One: McCain killed the repeal of Obamacare (Romneycare)

#Two: Romney voted to remove sitting Republican President

I see a pattern.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 03:19:06 am »
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 03:29:45 am »
First one should be expel from the GOP.

He will be happier dressing in white and sitting on his hands for future congressional hearings.

Maybe he can grift his way to either California or New York to be surrounded by the people he admires, too.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 03:44:43 am »

Exactly right. This is a very common Democrat tactic. Come out crazy fanatically against Trump, then when you get caught, claim that it is 'revenge'.

That is exactly what Mad Max has been doing since the inauguration. She, and many like her, know that the more they irrationally attack and insult Trump and his family (impee fotey fie!), the more sort of 'protection' it gives them when their crimes are exposed.

Since connections between Romney and Ukraine are just starting to come to light, it is very possible he is setting up a pre-defense for when he gets charged.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 11:22:01 pm »
Romney is scum.  What he should do is resign, for he is a disgrace.  The president got it right once again, saying that this pondscum using his faith/religion as the reason he is a rat is a poor defense for his actions.

The state of Utah should get nothing as a result of electing this POS.  If they suffer sufficiently, perhaps they will replace him.  However, not likely.  He will end up being like McCain, a pain in the *ss until he checks out, and never doing the right thing on critical issues, no matter who is POTUS.

The Republicans need to purge these POSs from the party.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 11:23:38 pm »
Just ignore the bastard, he's irrelevant.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 11:55:39 pm »
How do you "expect" something that's "unimaginable?"

:pondering:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 12:42:27 am »
Romney says he expects 'unimaginable' consequences after impeachment vote...

For you, Mittens, I earnestly hope that the unimaginable becomes REAL, and does so as soon as possible !

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 12:47:44 am »
How do you "expect" something that's "unimaginable?"

:pondering:

Apparently, in the same way he expected to be elected by refusing to defend the party under whose banner he was running for office.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn