Author Topic: Ilhan Omar under fire for saying benefits of G.I. Bill should be applied 'to everybody'  (Read 254 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Friday, February 7, 2020

Rep. Ilhan Omar caused a social-media stir this week by promoting an article in which “the ethos behind the original G.I. Bill” was applied to legislation for all Americans.

The Minnesota Democrat elicited the ire of veterans and free-market supporters after sharing an AlterNet piece by Will Fischer — a Marine veteran — titled “A veteran explains why we need a new version of the G.I. Bill — for everyone.”

“Imagine what it would do for our country and those who live here if we were to take the ethos behind the original G.I. Bill and apply it to everybody — canceling all student debt and making public colleges, universities, and vocational schools tuition-free,” she tweeted Thursday, a direct quote from the piece.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/7/ilhan-omar-under-fire-for-hailing-de-facto-gi-bill/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
“Imagine what it would do for our country and those who live here if we were to take the ethos behind the original G.I. Bill and apply it to everybody — canceling all student debt and making public colleges, universities, and vocational schools tuition-free,” she tweeted Thursday, a direct quote from the piece.

Shiite, the only thing missing is Lennon playing in the background, well except for the no religion part. Maybe she cue it up next time.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Friday, February 7, 2020

Rep. Ilhan Omar caused a social-media stir this week by promoting an article in which “the ethos behind the original G.I. Bill” was applied to legislation for all Americans.

For her, she probably thinks G.I stands for gastrointestinal.  Speaking of that G.I, I am so looking forward to November so the Squad Polyps can be extracted from the Colon of Congress.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.