Author Topic: Schiff Calls for More Investigations — ‘Make Sure the American People Understand’ Trump’s Misconduct  (Read 329 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schiff Calls for More Investigations — ‘Make Sure the American People Understand’ Trump’s Misconduct

Pam Key 7 Feb 2020

Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) said Friday on NPR’s “Morning Edition” that he would like to continue investigating President Donald Trump’s “misconduct” by hearing testimony from acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

Host Steve Inskeep asked, “Two officials, I could name many, but two officials still in the administration that you wanted to hear from — Mick Mulvaney and Secretary of State Pompeo — do you still want to hear from them?”

Schiff said, “I would still like to hear from them. But we have to make the decision about next steps in consultation with our caucus and our leadership.”

He added, “what we’ll need to weigh is the need to validate Congress’ oversight authority, the need to make sure the American people understand the full length and breadth of the president’s misconduct, as well as others in the administration that were part of the misconduct. And at the same time, the imperative of keeping our legislative agenda first and foremost and striking the right balance between the two.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/02/07/schiff-calls-for-more-investigations-make-sure-the-american-people-understand-trumps-misconduct/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Yes! Please! Do the stupidest possible thing!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Note to Schitt:  If you want to make the people understand, why don't you hit the lecture circuit and quit running off at the mouth on my dime!

My $.02.  You get what you pay for.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Congress has oversight authority over executive agencies.  They don't have "oversight" over the President.

Offline EdinVA

Congress has oversight authority over executive agencies.  They don't have "oversight" over the President.
Exactly!
But schiff still does not understand.... The House has the authority to investigate ONLY if there is a formal vote by the entire house which delegates authority to specific committees and people to issue subpoenas.   You can fill out paperwork all day long and toss it over the fence around the White House but unless the authority has been delegated the administration can ignore it. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Maj. Bill Martin

It doesn't matter. They ARE going to impeach Trump again because it's the only chance they have of getting a Dim president.

4 more years of a Trump presidency will destroy every gain the communists have made in America in the last 100 years,and they know it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 05:15:58 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

It doesn't matter. They ARE going to impeach Trump again because it's the only chance they have of getting a Dim president.

4 more years of a Trump presidency will destroy every gain the communists have made in America in the last 100 years,and they know it.

@sneakypete

I think their chances of getting a Dem President are much better than that.  Certainly at least 50-50.

I don't think they'll impeach him again unless he is re-elected.  It didn't help them politically the first time around.

The actual words Schiff used when asked about that were surprisingly noncomittal:

Schiff said, “I would still like to hear from them. But we have to make the decision about next steps in consultation with our caucus and our leadership.”

He added, “what we’ll need to weigh is the need to validate Congress’ oversight authority, the need to make sure the American people understand the full length and breadth of the president’s misconduct, as well as others in the administration that were part of the misconduct. And at the same time, the imperative of keeping our legislative agenda first and foremost and striking the right balance between the two.”

My guess is that their polling shows that would be an extremely unpopular move with most independents, who would consider it a gigantic waste of time.  I think he's trying to appease the radicals by saying how much he'd "like" to do more hearings, but he's setting them up for disappointment by letting them know that it isn't a certainty.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:27:27 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

Exactly!
But schiff still does not understand.... The House has the authority to investigate ONLY if there is a formal vote by the entire house which delegates authority to specific committees and people to issue subpoenas.   You can fill out paperwork all day long and toss it over the fence around the White House but unless the authority has been delegated the administration can ignore it.

That is exactly why the impeachment was such a sham.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ArneFufkin

At this juncture, they have the same psychological profile as meth addicts.

Offline skeeter

At this juncture, they have the same psychological profile as meth addicts.

The rats are repeating the same process over and over expecting different results, but knowing the results will be the same. I'm not sure what to call that.

Offline andy58-in-nh

The rats are repeating the same process over and over expecting different results, but knowing the results will be the same. I'm not sure what to call that.

That would be: insanity
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

They would say, "Crazy like a fox!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: