Author Topic: Treasury complies with GOP Senate inquiry, hands over highly confidential info on Hunter Biden, repo  (Read 405 times)

Offline bilo

ens. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, and Ron. Johnson, R-Wisc., the chairman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, requested the records in the form of a suspicious activity report, also known as a SARs. They also requested financial records through FinCEN, which is a branch of the Treasury Department that eyes money laundering.

Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., who sits on the Finance Committee, told Yahoo News that the swift response from Treasury is a "blatant double standard" considering how the Trump administration responded to Democrats' effort to obtain documents and witness testimony in his impeachment trial.

"The administration told House Democrats to go pound sand when their oversight authority was mandatory while voluntarily cooperating with the Senate Republicans’ sideshow at lightning speed," a spokesman from Wyden told the website.

Grassley refused to identify what information Treasury provided when reached by The New York Times, but said through a spokesman, "It's unfortunate that Democrats whom we’ve kept in the loop on our investigations would recklessly seek to interfere with legitimate government oversight."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/treasury-complies-with-gop-senate-inquiry-hands-over-highly-confidential-info-on-hunter-biden-report-says
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"The administration told House Democrats to go pound sand when their oversight authority was mandatory while voluntarily cooperating with the Senate Republicans’ sideshow at lightning speed," a spokesman from Wyden told the website.

@bilo

Who says there is never any good news?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

@bilo

Who says there is never any good news?

I love it!

Trump isn't going to shrug his shoulders and say, okay it's over. He's going to do what Pubs never do. He's going to clean house and help the Senate Pubs that are willing investigate these people. He fights back.

Online libertybele

I'm not holding my breath.  There have been all kinds of inquiries, subpoenas, and evidence brought forward in the past couple of years yet no one on the left has been indicted or prosecuted.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 05:59:55 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline dfwgator

"Oh, you were finished....well then,  allow me to retort!"

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Money laundering - big time.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Not to mention defrauding the United States Government and several other possible charges.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:02:12 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I love it!

Trump isn't going to shrug his shoulders and say, okay it's over. He's going to do what Pubs never do. He's going to clean house and help the Senate Pubs that are willing investigate these people. He fights back.

@bilo

Can't wait for the Dims to start crying out loud and in front of cameras,"Yeah,but it's ok when WE do it!"

Remember the hissy fits they had when Newt and the Republicans took control of Congress for the first time in 40 years?

The Republicans must NOT make the same mistake now they made back then,and reward Dims who are willing to defect and become Republicans by making them the chairmen of important committees . That was what eventually led to Newt being kicked out of Congress and the Dims taking control again.

A "conversion of convenience" is not a conversion,it is a stealth attack from behind our own lines.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not holding my breath.  There have been all kinds of inquiries, subpoenas, and evidence brought forward in the past couple of years yet no one on the left has been indicted or prosecuted.

@libertybele

True,but don't be surprised if that changes after Trump is re-elected. He just PLAYS at being stupid on tv.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Money laundering - big time.

https://www.theblaze.com/glenn-beck-special/ukraine-corruption-obama

@andy58-in-nh

And it will not only end in indictments against the Biden offsprung,but also the offsprung of Pelosi,Kerry,and one other prominent Dim whose name I can never seem to remember. They ALL had seats on the same board as Hunter,and for the same reasons,laundering bribe money to their parents.

Given these are all privleged children of the privleged who have never had to face reality before,how many seconds of pondering their possible time in a federal prison do you will think it will take before the first one volunteers to testify against the others?

Offline bilo

I'm starting to believe that something may actually start happening. Trump doesn't seem to be willing to back off. He's getting rid of the disloyal people o the NSC and Sondland. Also, AG Barr has been pretty forceful in his support of Trump. We will see what happens in the Senate.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not to mention defrauding the United States Government and several other possible charges.

@Bigun

INCLUDING charges of selling their votes and offices for personal gain against their parents.

I am curious about the chances of one of them turning states evidence and being recorded giving testimony before he or she dies from  yet one more tragic "prison suicide".

Anybody that doesn't think this is possible should remember John Wayne Kerry bragging about murdering a VN peasant woman and her two children who were walking along the river bank in broad daylight with the 50 caliber machine gun on his boat,just because they were walking in a "free fire zone",and he could.

Offline bilo

@andy58-in-nh

And it will not only end in indictments against the Biden offsprung,but also the offsprung of Pelosi,Kerry,and one other prominent Dim whose name I can never seem to remember. They ALL had seats on the same board as Hunter,and for the same reasons,laundering bribe money to their parents.

Given these are all privleged children of the privleged who have never had to face reality before,how many seconds of pondering their possible time in a federal prison do you will think it will take before the first one volunteers to testify against the others?

No doubt this is why investigations never seem to go anywhere. We only know about the tip of the iceberg. Trump doesn't come from this world and his children have been involved in the family business not the govt corruption so I don't see him backing off.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

No doubt this is why investigations never seem to go anywhere. We only know about the tip of the iceberg. Trump doesn't come from this world and his children have been involved in the family business not the govt corruption so I don't see him backing off.

@bilo

And he is NEVER running for public office again,and doesn't owe anyone in politics a single damn thing. In FACT,he has been punished by politics his entire life by being forced to suck up to and donate money to Dim politicians just to get them to do what the law already requires them to do in order to be able to buy,manage,rent,and sell his properties.

Online andy58-in-nh

@andy58-in-nh

Given these are all privileged children of the privileged who have never had to face reality before,how many seconds of pondering their possible time in a federal prison do you will think it will take before the first one volunteers to testify against the others?

That's a good question. But I suppose it depends on how real a possibility it might be made for each of them while being questioned by the authorities.

"Go ahead. Tell him what happens every night in prison when the lights go out, Jake...."
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Like Hillary's emails?  Trump keeps mentioning that but he honored her at his Inauguration breakfast.  He also said she had suffered enough.  He was the one that let her off but he keeps talking about it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.