Author Topic: South Hill murder prompts dialogue about domestic violence among Muslims in Spokane  (Read 354 times)

rangerrebew

South Hill murder prompts dialogue about domestic violence among Muslims in Spokane
KHQ EXCLUSIVE

Katherine Barner KHQ Local News Producer Feb 5, 2020 Updated Feb 5, 2020

SPOKANE, Wash. - Former Department of Social and Health Services translator Arwa Burke spent years working within the Spokane Iraqi community and is raising alarm after the death of Ibhihal Darraji allegedly at the hands of her immigrant ex-husband Yasir Darraji.

"I saw her before divorce and when she was going through the divorce," Burke told KHQ.

Burke knew the Darraji family from spending years translating for them at school, doctor appointments and the court room during their divorce and custody battle.

https://www.khq.com/news/south-hill-murder-prompts-dialogue-about-domestic-violence-among-muslims/article_51654d1c-487e-11ea-ba11-9f6151eb882f.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
WHAT?????

Domestic violence among Muslims????

TELL ME IT AIN'T TRUE!

Hooda thunk it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

The problem with many immigrants from Islamic countries is that they bring their benighted cultures here and expect everybody else to adapt to them.
There have many numerous cases of Muslim parents  killing wayward children or wives who wanted to become average Americans.
These parents/spouses should be made examples of...I mean the death penalty.
But I'm for banning Islam as an incorrigible, violent, anti-American cult anyway.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

But I'm for banning Islam as an incorrigible, violent, anti-American cult anyway.

@goatprairie

Why not? That IS what it is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!