Author Topic: What a catch: Florida fisherman reels in parachutes from SpaceX in-flight abort test  (Read 478 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Click Orlando by Emilee Speck 2/6/2020

What a catch: Florida fisherman reels in parachutes from SpaceX in-flight abort test

Fisherman to SpaceX: I think I have your stuff

About two weeks after SpaceX intentionally blew up a rocket over the Atlantic Ocean to test its astronaut spacecraft’s emergency abort system, a Florida fisherman reeled in an unusual catch: two red parachutes and a white hatch door.

Dave Stokes said he saw the white hatch bobbing in the Atlantic Ocean 32 miles off the Daytona Beach coast last week while he was out fishing with some friends. When they pulled it onboard, they saw it had the word “Dragon” on it and an emblem on the front.

“I saw the Dragon on the door and I figured it was a door part of the Dragon capsule,” Stokes said.

The hatch wasn’t the only thing they found. The anglers pulled up two parachutes found floating near the hatch. Video by Stokes shows the anglers pulling the red chutes up inch-by-inch.

More: https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/02/06/what-a-catch-florida-fisherman-reels-in-parachutes-from-spacex-in-flight-abort-test/