Author Topic: Bernie Sanders: Did Donor Class Make You Embrace Mass Immigration?  (Read 169 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by John Binder 6 Feb 2020

Watch– Swing Voter Calls Out Bernie Sanders: Did Donor Class Make You Embrace Mass Immigration?

During a town hall event in Derry, New Hampshire, a swing voter asked Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) why he now supports unchecked immigration rather than holding true to his former position that such a policy is an effort to suppress Americans’ wages by the donor class.

In front of a packed audience, the swing voter, a poverty-stricken white female, said she admired Sanders’ authenticity but could not understand why he has dropped his opposition to mass, unchecked low-wage immigration — which he has consistently admitted, until this election cycle, drives down wages for American workers.

The swing voter asked Sanders:

SWING VOTER: Hi Mr. Sanders, my name is Christine and I’m here because you seem like one of the most authentic candidates running right now. So I wanted to hear what you had to say and how authentic you really are. And by the way, nobody believes for a minute that you told Elizabeth Warren can’t make it for president. [Emphasis added]

So you’ve been very consistent and authentic and since I’ve been 18, I voted … in every presidential election, I voted half Republican and half I voted Democrat. So I am very interested in what you’re doing for the poor. That’s what I want to know. [Emphasis added]

So one issue that you have not been consistent is open borders. When you first ran, you said it was a Koch brothers scheme and seemed to recognize that low wage workers being dumped into the country does not help low wage workers. [Emphasis added]

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/06/voter-to-bernie-immigration-wages/