Author Topic: The Real Reason For Nancy's Anger  (Read 6836 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: The Real Reason For Nancy's Anger
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2020, 04:32:05 pm »
If he had, we'd have the same detractors on the right about Bush not "acting Presidential."

No. There is a distinction between 'fighting back' and 'boorish ass'.

Chuck Norris vs. Rodney Dangerfield.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2020, 04:33:25 pm »
Never get in a poo-throwing fight with a bunch of monkeys.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2020, 04:37:36 pm »
Oh I agree... But the flack was there all the same.

Bush knew what kind of buzzsaw he was facing if he fought back, with people gathering on the right to attack him if he did (as they do with Donald Trump today).  He chose, to his everlasting shame, to fold up his tent and go home for the last few years of his Presidency.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2020, 04:38:19 pm »
No. There is a distinction between 'fighting back' and 'boorish ass'.

Chuck Norris vs. Rodney Dangerfield.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2020, 04:39:10 pm »

151 posts into the thread, and you're just now seeing that?
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2020, 04:41:20 pm »

Agreed.   Lurk mode is better until you fill your bucket.    :cool:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2020, 04:45:32 pm »
Bush knew what kind of buzzsaw he was facing if he fought back, with people gathering on the right to attack him if he did (as they do with Donald Trump today).  He chose, to his everlasting shame, to fold up his tent and go home for the last few years of his Presidency.

Naw. The Right turned on him because he called us 'Nativists' with disgust on his face, and the bailout sealed the deal. He was praised as a fighter prior to that... Standing on the rubble of the Trade Center with a bullhorn in his hand.

He deserved to fold up his tent in shame. It wasn't the left that tore him down. It was the Right that let them. Deservedly so. Dixie Chicks redux.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2020, 04:47:06 pm »
151 posts into the thread, and you're just now seeing that?

I have seen it all along. Ever since the current fight started.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2020, 04:48:07 pm »
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. :beer:

:seeya:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2020, 04:52:57 pm »
I have seen it all along. Ever since the current fight started.

The "current fight" has been going on since 2015.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2020, 04:54:17 pm »
Naw. The Right turned on him because he called us 'Nativists' with disgust on his face, and the bailout sealed the deal. He was praised as a fighter prior to that... Standing on the rubble of the Trade Center with a bullhorn in his hand.

He deserved to fold up his tent in shame. It wasn't the left that tore him down. It was the Right that let them. Deservedly so. Dixie Chicks redux.

And that's what we'd get if "Tump" folds up his tent.  Bush may have deserved it, but we did not!
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2020, 05:00:06 pm »
The "current fight" has been going on since 2015.  :shrug:

Yep. Nothing but a poo-throwing extravaganza. I don't see why y'all think it so great. Ya think you're winning, but really you're just getting covered in liberal sh*t.  **nononono*

Makes zero sense to me.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2020, 05:01:15 pm »
And that's what we'd get if "Tump" folds up his tent.  Bush may have deserved it, but we did not!

The problem is, you're getting it anyway. And applauding.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2020, 05:05:17 pm »
Yep. Nothing but a poo-throwing extravaganza. I don't see why y'all think it so great. Ya think you're winning, but really you're just getting covered in liberal sh*t.  **nononono*

Makes zero sense to me.

I remember 2016 well.  Who can forget?  Donald Trump was #16 out of 17 for my choice for President back in those Primaries.  Only Kasich was worse in my view.  In 2020, the choices are different, and the President has a record that appeals to most Republicans, whether one thinks it's all Commie-light or not.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2020, 05:06:03 pm »
The problem is, you're getting it anyway. And applauding.

I'm sorry, I missed the applauding part.  You must have me confused with somebody else.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2020, 05:09:58 pm »
I'm sorry, I missed the applauding part.  You must have me confused with somebody else.

I am. Because the claim that we're getting the same as we'da gotten with Bush is just plain false.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2020, 05:12:08 pm »
I remember 2016 well.  Who can forget?  Donald Trump was #16 out of 17 for my choice for President back in those Primaries.  Only Kasich was worse in my view.  In 2020, the choices are different, and the President has a record that appeals to most Republicans, whether one thinks it's all Commie-light or not.

Meh.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2020, 05:15:42 pm »

You're kidding right? Not meaning !YOU! particularly...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2020, 05:18:27 pm »
I am. Because the claim that we're getting the same as we'da gotten with Bush is just plain false.

You are getting the same. At least where it matters. Turtle and Graham are not Conservatives, and they are not your friends.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2020, 05:21:39 pm »
You are getting the same. At least where it matters. Turtle and Graham are not Conservatives, and they are not your friends.

I realize most republican congressmen are in the same bucket as the rats, But today we're getting border & inland enforcement including rulings that should stand indefinitely, we're getting decent judges, we're getting better trade deals than we would've with Bush, Clinton, or any other 2016 candidate save maybe Cruz.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2020, 05:24:39 pm »

Same for me.  Donald Trump the candidate confounded me like no other.  After the first debate, I remember the otherwise brilliant and insightful Charles Krauthammer remarking it was the end of Trump experiment.  Instead, he rose in the polls.  The whole run-up to his nomination was so un-Presidential, so unstatesman-like, it truly baffled me.  The general campaign was more of the same and it tested me.  The toxic debates between pro and never made it worse.  For me, at least.

But, given the alternative(s), I voted for him.  I did.

He continues to drive me nuts with his style, his rhetoric, and his total lack of a filter.  Despite that, it is working and it is driving my political opposites crazy.  I will let the Almighty judge whether he is worthy or not.  Just as He will for any of us.  But in the meantime...

I will vote for President Trump again.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2020, 05:29:54 pm »
You're kidding right? Not meaning !YOU! particularly...

Ah!  Thanks for the clarification!  I had hoped not...

:beer: :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2020, 05:33:33 pm »
But today we're getting border & inland enforcement including rulings that should stand indefinitely,

Nah. I don't think that's true. All that he has done is pretty well gone with him. The same thing he did to Obama, someone will do to him.

we're getting decent judges,

Remains to be seen, but I doubt it. McConnell would not be jamming them through without his own agenda being served.

we're getting better trade deals than we would've with Bush, Clinton, or any other 2016 candidate save maybe Cruz.

Go look up the difference between NAFTA and USMCA and come back to argue the point.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2020, 05:35:23 pm »
Nah. I don't think that's true. All that he has done is pretty well gone with him. The same thing he did to Obama, someone will do to him.

Remains to be seen, but I doubt it. McConnell would not be jamming them through without his own agenda being served.

Go look up the difference between NAFTA and USMCA and come back to argue the point.

I'm familiar with your arguments. I simply disagree.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2020, 05:43:53 pm »
I'm familiar with your arguments. I simply disagree.

And we all do so agreeably, generally.  That's the beauty of TBR!  I may not agree with @roamer_1 about some things, but I think we're both welcome to have adult beverages on each others' porches.
I will NOT comply.