Author Topic: The Real Reason For Nancy's Anger  (Read 7199 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: The Real Reason For Nancy's Anger
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2020, 02:29:16 pm »
Come on, @Jazzhead ...that's just crazy talk.

There were no cell phones, let alone 'smart' phones....the Commodore 64 was cutting edge.

Ronald Reagan got a tongue-bath compared to Donald Trump.

And that’s not just opinion, the Media Research Center has the numbers, the data that shows off-the-charts media bias and the inordinate saturation of negative reporting compared to what Reagan faced.

I’d like to see anyone who could have possibly survived such an onslaught other than Donald Trump. We are lucky to have such a great warrior fighting for America’s future to remain and grow as a democratic republic.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 02:31:02 pm by aligncare »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2020, 02:42:28 pm »
Reagan's negative press wasn't much different.  But his poll numbers reflected the public's respect for his policies.  But with Trump there's a disconnect.   Trump needs to grow up.  His SOTU was an excellent start,  and echoed the classic Reagan themes.   But Musiclady's right -  Reagan's voice was authentic.

You have some sort of fantasy glasses on.  Reagan had a slanted Press, yes, but it was nowhere near 90%.

Try again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2020, 02:44:57 pm »
Come on, @Jazzhead ...that's just crazy talk.

There were no cell phones, let alone 'smart' phones....the Commodore 64 was cutting edge.

Ronald Reagan got a tongue-bath compared to Donald Trump.

Nonsense @DCPatriot .

The major difference between then and now, is that then there were but three media sources and everyone believed them. Dan friggin Rather, baby.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2020, 02:48:34 pm »
Nonsense @DCPatriot .

The major difference between then and now, is that then there were but three media sources and everyone believed them. Dan friggin Rather, baby.

I don't know about the "believing them" part.  The reason Rush Limbaugh's show took off in 1988 was because there was a huge void in the market, created by a general disbelief of the press. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2020, 03:03:33 pm »
I don't know about the "believing them" part.  The reason Rush Limbaugh's show took off in 1988 was because there was a huge void in the market, created by a general disbelief of the press.

Right... But before Rush there was hardly an opposition voice at all. Indoctrination was as complete as it gets

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2020, 03:06:56 pm »
Exactly. Not sure why republican critics of Trump here at TBR fail to see that the toxic media environment today is orders of magnitude higher than that which Reagan faced and has had a markedly negative impact on Trump’s approval. And what’s puzzling is that they see no cause and effect relationship with this. They instead conclude Trump is to blame!

No, he’s not. Trump didn’t ask for this. It was thrust upon him in a coordinated, democrat operatives/media-wide conspiracy to oust the newly elected president. Trump’s fault? I think not.

@aligncare

Of COURSE it is Trump's fault! Nobody FORCED him to run,and if he hadn't ran,it would be Jebby in the WH,and the world would be safe for globalism!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2020, 03:10:36 pm »
Right... But before Rush there was hardly an opposition voice at all. Indoctrination was as complete as it gets

Yep.

A single Conservative on a liberal panel on a liberal network was the best we had before Rush.

Now there are all kinds of media outlets for Conservatives, and the cell phone, social media, blogger world also includes conservative voices.

The idea that Reagan didn't have to deal with opposition is absurd.  And the idea that Reagan would ever behave as badly as Trump does just because there is greater opposition, or that Trump somehow has an excuse for his behavior because of it,  is even more absurd
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2020, 03:11:57 pm »
Nonsense @DCPatriot .

@roamer_1

Not to mention "Uncle" Walter Cronkite,the "most trusted newsman in America",who liked to go sailing with the Kennedy Klan on weekends. The very same man that single-handedly turned the massive defeat of the North Vietnames during Tet 68 into a massive victory for them,and a total defeat of US forces.

Hey! If a Dim can't defeat the NVA,there was no way in HELL Cronkite,the evil bastard,was going to allow a Republican be seen as doing so!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2020, 03:17:50 pm »
Interesting question this, "who has/had tougher media treatment".  Reagan or Trump?  Kind of like:

Montana or Brady?

Mays or Trout?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2020, 03:18:01 pm »

You’re wrong. They were still committing random acts of journalism back then. Today, even the financial pages (and style sections, sports pages, classified, movie reviews and weather) are riddled with politically slanted reporting attacking Trump.

The Media Research Center has the numbers. There’s no comparison.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2020, 03:23:57 pm »
Interesting question this, "who has/had tougher media treatment".  Reagan or Trump?  Kind of like:

Montana or Brady?

Mays or Trout?

The more important question for me is, if the Trump-has-it-worse people are right and it is worse now, is his bad behavior somehow justifiable....

And conversely, if Reagan were excoriated in a different way than he was (blamed for everything wrong in the world as he was, but in a 24/7 world, would he have been justified in behaving badly because of that?

For me, logically, there is never an excuse for bad behavior, no matter what the opposition is, so it's a moot point.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2020, 03:27:45 pm »

Montana or Brady?

Mays or Trout?
The only real reason I would say Trump is the attacks are personal.  The "attacks" on Reagan were more over policy and no one attacked Nancy or the Reagan kids.It was not 24 hours a day, no holds barred, anything goes attacks.  Then when we try to defend Trump, we are labeled a cult or worse... It is really a sick time

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2020, 03:29:00 pm »
You’re wrong. They were still committing random acts of journalism back then. Today, even the financial pages (and style sections, sports pages, classified, movie reviews and weather) are riddled with politically slanted reporting attacking Trump.

The Media Research Center has the numbers. There’s no comparison.

Again, nonsense. the whole thing is dying on the vine.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2020, 03:47:46 pm »

The media landscape was different then, and the players too.  Crossfire was on CNN, and Hardball with Chris Matthews actually had conservative guests.  Pat Buchanan would never be allowed on today's CNN!  When Fox News came online, the leftist outfits like CNN and PMSNBC abandoned all pretense of "balance."  FNC became the balance. 

On radio, as Limbaugh's audience grew, Larry King's overnight show veered dramatically to the left.  Same effect.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2020, 03:49:06 pm »
Yep.

A single Conservative on a liberal panel on a liberal network was the best we had before Rush.

Now there are all kinds of media outlets for Conservatives, and the cell phone, social media, blogger world also includes conservative voices.

The idea that Reagan didn't have to deal with opposition is absurd.  And the idea that Reagan would ever behave as badly as Trump does just because there is greater opposition, or that Trump somehow has an excuse for his behavior because of it,  is even more absurd

I would not say Reagan "had it easy," my point would be the times are not comparable.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 03:51:07 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2020, 03:49:15 pm »
For me, logically, there is never an excuse for bad behavior, no matter what the opposition is, so it's a moot point.

The same "principled conservatives" who insist on style over substance whine the loudest that their conservative political brand is dying on the vine.  If only connecting dots was in their wheelhouse.....  888blackhat   

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2020, 03:50:34 pm »
The more important question for me is, if the Trump-has-it-worse people are right and it is worse now, is his bad behavior somehow justifiable....

What came first, the chicken or the egg?
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2020, 04:02:09 pm »
The media landscape was different then, and the players too.  Crossfire was on CNN, and Hardball with Chris Matthews actually had conservative guests. 

Right... to be jeered. 3 or 4 to 1 dog piles.   *****rollingeyes*****

Pat Buchanan would never be allowed on today's CNN!  When Fox News came online, the leftist outfits like CNN and PMSNBC abandoned all pretense of "balance."  FNC became the balance. 

On radio, as Limbaugh's audience grew, Larry King's overnight show veered dramatically to the left.  Same effect.

So what? All of it is dying on the vine. CNN, which is unarguably the liberal powerhouse is underwater.
Often all of liberal media combined can't touch FOX, and FOX ain't all that hot anymore either. The internet has already made liberal papers inconsequential, and liberal media ain't far behind. The battle front now is on facebook, twitter, youtube and the like, with views cratering the MSM. And facebook is already starting to crumble.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2020, 04:06:09 pm »

That's right.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #144 on: February 09, 2020, 04:07:47 pm »
Right... to be jeered. 3 or 4 to 1 dog piles.   *****rollingeyes*****

So what? All of it is dying on the vine. CNN, which is unarguably the liberal powerhouse is underwater.
Often all of liberal media combined can't touch FOX, and FOX ain't all that hot anymore either. The internet has already made liberal papers inconsequential, and liberal media ain't far behind. The battle front now is on facebook, twitter, youtube and the like, with views cratering the MSM. And facebook is already starting to crumble.

Crossfire was one-on-one.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out that as much as the press disliked Reagan, today's press is demonstrably worse. It seems the fragmentation of the media is responsible.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 04:08:51 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #145 on: February 09, 2020, 04:11:28 pm »
I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out that as much as the press disliked Reagan, today's press is demonstrably worse. It seems the fragmentation of the media is responsible.

I don't think it is worse. I think it is easier to see now, and then is distant past. Remembering how it was seems hard for folks to do... Even just back to Dubya and all the flack he took, not to mention Reagan

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #146 on: February 09, 2020, 04:20:37 pm »
I don't think it is worse. I think it is easier to see now, and then is distant past. Remembering how it was seems hard for folks to do... Even just back to Dubya and all the flack he took, not to mention Reagan

Dubya always frustrated me because he never used the Bully Pulpit.  He never fought back in ways that were afforded him. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2020, 04:27:39 pm »

Montana or Brady?

Mays or Trout?

:beer:

aluminum trash cans or electronic buzzers.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2020, 04:29:45 pm »
Dubya always frustrated me because he never used the Bully Pulpit.  He never fought back in ways that were afforded him.

If he had, we'd have the same detractors on the right about Bush not "acting Presidential."
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2020, 04:30:12 pm »

Oh I agree... But the flack was there all the same.