Author Topic: Trump Celebrates Impeachment Acquittal: ‘We Went Through Hell Unfairly’  (Read 609 times)

Offline libertybele

Basically, he made it through an attempted coup --- I so wish they could start indicting and prosecuting.

Trump Celebrates Impeachment Acquittal: ‘We Went Through Hell Unfairly’

In what he characterized as a celebration, President Donald Trump did a victory lap at the White House on Thursday, marking the end of the Democrats’ efforts to impeach and remove him from office. The president thanked his legal team, as well as certain GOP members of Congress, especially Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), for supporting him throughout the Democrats’ impeachment efforts.

“A tremendous thing was done over the last number of months. Really, if you go back to it, over the last number of years. We had the witch hunt. It started from the day we came down the elevator,” Trump said. “And it never really stopped. We've been going through this now for over three years.

“It was evil. It was corrupt. It was dirty cops. It was leakers and lawyers. This should never happen to another president, ever. I don't know that other presidents would have been able to take it. Some people said no, they wouldn't have, but I can tell you, at a minimum, you have to focus on this because it can get away very quickly, no matter who you have with you. It can get away very quickly. It was a disgrace,” he said.

“Had I not fired James Comey, who was a disaster, by the way, it's possible I wouldn't even be standing here right now. We caught him in the act. Dirty cops. Bad people. If this happened to President Obama, a lot of people would have been in jail for a long time already - many, many years,” Trump said.   ............

“And this is really not a news conference. It's not a speech. It's not anything, it's just -- we are sort of -- it's a celebration, because we have something that just worked out. I mean, it worked out. We went through hell unfairly, did nothing wrong. Did nothing wrong. I've done things wrong in my life, I will admit - not purposely - but I've done things wrong. This is what the end result is,” he said, holding up the Thursday edition of the Washington Post with the headline, “Trump Acquitted.” ............

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/melanie-arter/trump-celebrates-impeachment-acquittal-we-went-through-hell

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

Oh, the Hugh Manatee!

I guess we'll be hearing him whine till at least November, and if he wins, the next four years.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh, the Hugh Manatee!

I guess we'll be hearing him whine till at least November, and if he wins, the next four years.   *****rollingeyes*****

You're right.  Trump should have been found guilty and thrown in jail.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oh, the Hugh Manatee!

Maybe you'll feel better if you sue him for copyright infringement.

Offline libertybele

Oh, the Hugh Manatee!

No words.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No words.

It's amazing.  I thought I had already pegged all of the pro-Impeach and remove Briefers...  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Oh, the Hugh Manatee!

I'm sure we will.  I feel like he put us through hell.  Its still all about him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm sure we will.  I feel like he put us through hell.  Its still all about him.

Awww come on...   Didn't you at least enjoy watching Nancy Pelosi's head explode at least a little?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Awww come on...   Didn't you at least enjoy watching Nancy Pelosi's head explode at least a little?

I think Trump and Nancy are like an old married couple.  Its war of the roses on full display.  Trump carried it over to the National prayer breakfast too. 

Yeah, I just don't think that is the place to trade barbs. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You're right.  Trump should have been found guilty and thrown in jail.
@Cyber Liberty
Give him some time to get there.He's already the fasted impeached President in history.  He's been shown that the GOP Senate has his back now.  He can only become more emboldened.  If you thought begging Ukraine and China to investigate Biden on live television was scraping the bottom of the ethical barrel, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Offline Applewood

I think Trump and Nancy are like an old married couple.  Its war of the roses on full display.  Trump carried it over to the National prayer breakfast too. 

Yeah, I just don't think that is the place to trade barbs.

I  believe this impeachment, and now the aftermath -- including the supposed feud between Trump and Pelosi, is all manufactured drama.  The outcome of the "impeachment" was preplanned.  The Democrats get to cry to their voters that "we wuz robbed."  Trump gets to play the hurt victim persecuted by his enemies, and this will appeal to his voters as well.  And of course, there have to be specific enemies -- Schiff, Pelosi, Romney-- the names will change every time he gets before a microphone or sends a tweet.  Entertainment for the masses. 

And while we are all being entertained, the real business of the presidency and both houses of congress is at a standstill.  Both parties can use this so-called impeachment as an excuse for not doing anything they are supposed to be doing.  Trump, of course, will be all over the country crying about it to his adoring fans under the guise of campaigning for re-election.

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't vote for actors in a play.  I vote for president and representatives who should be doing their jobs.  They are supposed to be our employees.  If this bunch "worked" like this in the real world, they would all be fired.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I feel like he put us through hell.  Its still all about him.

This sentiment displays, IMO, the very essence of vacuous.