Author Topic: Will Romney’s betrayal finally get conservatives focused on our OWN priorities?  (Read 1020 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Which conservatives?  I wasn't. 

And what's this business about "disloyalty?"  Disloyalty to what?  Or to whom?  I was of the impression when Romney was sworn in, the oath he took was to defend the Constitution, or words to that effect.  I don't believe he was supposed to swear an oath to his party or to Trump.

I don't like Romney -- he is no conservative -- but all this whining about his "disloyalty" is ridiculous.

And his voting to convict on one of those made up out of whole cloth articles upheld nothing other than Mitt's life long, self-serving quest for relevance @Applewood
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

We all knew Romney was a snake, so this shouldn't have been a surprise.

Oh what a difference a year or two makes... Just an election ago, everyone was singing his praises and arguing with me over what a stalwart conservative he was. Many here happily voted for him.

Offline EdinVA

Which conservatives?  I wasn't. 

And what's this business about "disloyalty?"  Disloyalty to what?  Or to whom?  I was of the impression when Romney was sworn in, the oath he took was to defend the Constitution, or words to that effect.  I don't believe he was supposed to swear an oath to his party or to Trump.

I don't like Romney -- he is no conservative -- but all this whining about his "disloyalty" is ridiculous.
@Applewood
It would be a lot easier for me to accept that romney was "following his conscience" if he had not done his "i hate trump speech" during a campaign he had nothing to do with.  Someone obviously paid him to slam Trump and he took it... Romney is not worth the oxygen it takes to keep him alive..

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Oh what a difference a year or two makes... Just an election ago, everyone was singing his praises and arguing with me over what a stalwart conservative he was. Many here happily voted for him.

Sorry, @roamer_1 but no!  EVERYONE was doing no such thing!  He was the last stop before Obama for many and for myself I was never able to convince myself to vote for him.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Sorry, @roamer_1 but no!  EVERYONE was doing no such thing!  He was the last stop before Obama for many and for myself I was never able to convince myself to vote for him.

Yeah, you and me @Bigun , and a few others that you and I can probably comfortably name.

But nevertheless, I about got kicked off of TOS several times because I would not toe the company line. More than one final warning from ol Jimbo himself. The minute he was the nominee, he was 'conservative' as the day is long.  *****rollingeyes*****

SOSDD. Same with McAin't. Same with Tumpy.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yeah, you and me @Bigun , and a few others that you and I can probably comfortably name.

But nevertheless, I about got kicked off of TOS several times because I would not toe the company line. More than one final warning from ol Jimbo himself. The minute he was the nominee, he was 'conservative' as the day is long.  *****rollingeyes*****

SOSDD. Same with McAin't. Same with Tumpy.

I was with you on the last one in 2016 but not now.  Events have proven me wrong about him and YOU will come around someday as well!  999999999999

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Events have proven me wrong about him and YOU will come around someday as well!

I doubt that very much, friend. There is nothing there for me.

Offline dfwgator

Who was singing his praises,   he was better than Obama,  that's really not saying much is it?

Sometimes your only choices are the bad choice and the even worse choice?

Offline skeeter

I voted for him in the general. Happily? Hell no. But I would do any thing I could - even if it was putting a statist kitten like Romney in the White House, if it meant keeping a vile commie like Obama out.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Who was singing his praises,   he was better than Obama,  that's really not saying much is it?

Go back and read TOS. Y'all have a short memory for a bunch of elephants.

That's no choice at all. The difference between Romney and Obama is not worth mentioning.

Online roamer_1

I voted for him in the general. Happily? Hell no. But I would do any thing I could - even if it was putting a statist kitten like Romney in the White House, if it meant keeping a vile commie like Obama out.

They're the same dang thing. Go look at George Romney, get out your crayons, and figger out how far that apple fell from the horse.

Offline skeeter

It's just as likely many of those who now pearl-clutch over Trump's frat boy antics were singing Mitt's praises.

Offline skeeter

They're the same dang thing. Go look at George Romney, get out your crayons, and figger out how far that apple fell from the horse.

"Crayons" - hilarious.

I'll do things my way, you do your things your's.

Online roamer_1

"Crayons" - hilarious.

I'll do things my way, you do your things your's.

Sorry, didn't mean for you to take it that way. Just mean that it's a pretty simple picture to draw between Romney's family and communism.

Offline skeeter

Sorry, didn't mean for you to take it that way. Just mean that it's a pretty simple picture to draw between Romney's family and communism.

Don't mind my thin skin 888high58888

Online roamer_1

Offline Applewood

@roamer_1

I remember TOS during the Obama- Romney campaign.  But I wasn't told Romney was a conservative.  I was told I had to vote for him to "save us" from another 4 years of Obama.  And someone had almost persuaded me to do so...till about a day or two before the election when I heard Romney promise a crowd that if he was elected, there would be yet another "jobs program."  I realized he wasn't an alternative to Obama at all.  Just maybe a slightly "lighter" version. 

Once again, we true conservatives don't really have a choice in November...unless you do what I intend to do and that is to stay at home.  It's not what I want to do.  I promised my Dad I would always vote and I have tried my best to keep that promise.  But this will be the fourth presidential election in a row where I cannot in good conscience vote Republican or Democrat.    Sorry, Dad, but I've had enough.

Offline aligncare

I agree with that. Unless one is speaking about Romney's disloyalty to the truth.

The rats were being loyal to their rat party. I like to think the GOP was being loyal to the truth. Even those republicans who clearly dislike Trump voted to acquit, sans Romney. They did so because the facts made it impossible for them not to.

Exactly! Excellent take.

Right out of the gate, democrat intelligence operatives began setting up Trump. First with Russian collusion, then Ukraine—and now democrats are telegraphing even more to come!

Anyone noticing a pattern here?

So if you give an inch—even a micron—of credibility to negative media stories or headlines about Trump—you know, reports that come from the same unabashed media that act as press agents for the democrat party—then you are playing the fool.

The democrat party media is lying. That’s been shown to be the case time and time again for thirty years. (If the day ends in the letter “y” then the media is lying to you and carrying water for democrats. Don’t believe the media)

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Exactly! Excellent take.

Right out of the gate, democrat intelligence operatives began setting up Trump. First with Russian collusion, then Ukraine—and now democrats are telegraphing even more to come!

Anyone noticing a pattern here?

So if you give an inch—even a micron—of credibility to negative media stories or headlines about Trump—you know, reports that come from the same unabashed media that act as press agents for the democrat party—then you are playing the fool.

The democrat party media is lying. That’s been shown to be the case time and time again for thirty years. (If the day ends in the letter “y” then the media is lying to you and carrying water for democrats. Don’t believe the media)

I beg you all to make the time necessary to watch the video below before it disappears. Glen Beck carefully lays out WHY they had no choice but do what they did.  It's a scandal of HUGE proportions!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

I remember TOS during the Obama- Romney campaign.  But I wasn't told Romney was a conservative.  I was told I had to vote for him to "save us" from another 4 years of Obama.  And someone had almost persuaded me to do so...till about a day or two before the election when I heard Romney promise a crowd that if he was elected, there would be yet another "jobs program."  I realized he wasn't an alternative to Obama at all.  Just maybe a slightly "lighter" version.

I had many an argument about Romney's supposed conservatism... And McCain's. Same ol shtick too - all the hater nonsense, anti-mormon nonsense, purist nonsense... Round and round. Same with BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome). The exact same shaming that never has worked on me. In fact, it gets my neck up even more and I dang well won't move.

Once again, we true conservatives don't really have a choice in November...unless you do what I intend to do and that is to stay at home.  It's not what I want to do.  I promised my Dad I would always vote and I have tried my best to keep that promise.  But this will be the fourth presidential election in a row where I cannot in good conscience vote Republican or Democrat.    Sorry, Dad, but I've had enough.

I'll be fine. I will probably vote Constitution Party. Either I will find a Conservative to vote for, or I simply will not vote.

Offline berdie

The big boys don't like him much @berdie Read and weep: https://ktrh.iheart.com/content/2020-02-06-cornyns-primary-challenger-claims-texas-gop-is-using-dnc-tactics/?fbclid=IwAR2sw8m-Oyb57g-pjB1PiUAuuKwp1evAr0dW1uKcTqvlbve1J2viettUin4

I hate that this is happening in the Texas GOP. But, it's not Dwayne Stovall's fault.

It started with the colossal mistake of hiring Steve Munisteri who is the "point man" for the Cornyn campaign.
Both the Texas and National GOP have correctly pointed out that Texas has veered to the left. What they FAIL to point out is Cornyn's hand in that.

The fact that John Cornyn has consistently voted with the Democrats on issues like immigration, the border wall, etc. has caused Texas Republican voters to stay home in droves.

And, don't forget, John Cornyn has never, NEVER, voted against a bloated budget! In his entire career, he has never even voiced concern about deficits that now threaten our children and grandchildren with abject poverty.

The fact is Dwayne can't even hire a decent consultant even if he wanted to much less purchase TV and radio time in any large market.
The big boys play REALLY dirty!

Thanks for the info @Bigun .  This really annoys me.  I'm sure it has been going on for years. Stovall is a good guy that I would vote for again.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I expect Romney will vote more and more against Mr. Trump and the Republicans, and side more and more with the democrat-communists.

We don't really need his vote, anyway, so long as Collins and Murkowski can be kept in line.

He's got the shovel firmly in his hands now -- let him keep diggin' !!

Offline skeeter

I beg you all to make the time necessary to watch the video below before it disappears. Glen Beck carefully lays out WHY they had no choice but do what they did.  It's a scandal of HUGE proportions!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Watched it all. Thanks @Bigun lets hope something comes from it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Watched it all. Thanks @Bigun lets hope something comes from it.

:amen: @skeeter  :amen: If nothing comes of that we are well and truly sunk IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien